• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GOING TO GAMEDAY IN PULLMAN

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never ever cheered for the Coug, but the day has come that I will cheer my ass off for this school just so the universe is right again! :D

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never ever cheered for the Coug, but the day has come that I will cheer my ass off for this school just so the universe is right again! :D
About time the universe made up for all of those coug'n it games. CGD finally there, going to be a sunny day around 70 degrees, whole area going to be packed with alumni both inside the stadium, and packed in around bars because of how many are going there for CGD.

Give them just one day.

Then back to cougs being cougs. :dhd:

blazer prophet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to say, WSU has been our #1 nemesis the past 6 years or so.

I think this year due to a more physical O/D-line play, we will do much better. That's how teams beat us when we were playing so well a few years ago. If they had stout lines, we really struggled.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to say, WSU has been our #1 nemesis the past 6 years or so.

I think this year due to a more physical O/D-line play, we will do much better. That's how teams beat us when we were playing so well a few years ago. If they had stout lines, we really struggled.
This is a hard game to handicap on the surface and no one should have complete confidence in the outcome knowing how prone WSU is to going all derp in games, but Oregon and WSU have basically the same defensive ranking in the top metrics and this is a road game for Oregon. While the ducks do have some stout offensive numbers, the cougs are still putting up video game numbers. WSU coming off a bye with two weeks to game plan that secondary should be a concern even if no one has faith they can execute that plan for 4 full quarters.

I think both defenses will have some issues. Not sure the cougs can stop the ducks run game as that pistol is a tough thing to defend, but I can't see the ducks D dominating on the road against a team with the passing game of the cougs either. If I was going to bet real money on this I'd stay away from the line and simply take the over. They could have set the O/U at 75 and I'd probably still take the over. Might be a slow first quarter, but at some point I see some exploding offense on both sides.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone bump the thread from ODs last trip to Pullman?

blazer prophet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a hard game to handicap on the surface and no one should have complete confidence in the outcome knowing how prone WSU is to going all derp in games, but Oregon and WSU have basically the same defensive ranking in the top metrics and this is a road game for Oregon. While the ducks do have some stout offensive numbers, the cougs are still putting up video game numbers. WSU coming off a bye with two weeks to game plan that secondary should be a concern even if no one has faith they can execute that plan for 4 full quarters.

I think both defenses will have some issues. Not sure the cougs can stop the ducks run game as that pistol is a tough thing to defend, but I can't see the ducks D dominating on the road against a team with the passing game of the cougs either. If I was going to bet real money on this I'd stay away from the line and simply take the over. They could have set the O/U at 75 and I'd probably still take the over. Might be a slow first quarter, but at some point I see some exploding offense on both sides.

In all humility, neither UO or WSU are 'top teams' and seem to be all over the place. UO is trying to establish a team based on top line play, but isn't really there yet. WSU is light and fast and that can make you unstable. I'm liking UO as we just seem a bit more stable. UW, Stanford, USC are probably the best "teams" in the league pound for pound. I like to think we're right on their tales.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all humility, neither UO or WSU are 'top teams' and seem to be all over the place. UO is trying to establish a team based on top line play, but isn't really there yet. WSU is light and fast and that can make you unstable. I'm liking UO as we just seem a bit more stable. UW, Stanford, USC are probably the best "teams" in the league pound for pound. I like to think we're right on their tales.
Can't blame you for being optimistic. I'm sure I would be. Both teams have flashes and both have shown some issues. If this game was at Oregon I'd for sure pick the ducks. It's only the road game, plus cougs coming off a bye week, plus ducks coming down off an emotional and physical game that gives them a slight edge.

Cougs are always capable of giving up weird picks and not playing solid.

Should be the game of the week in terms of both teams being in striking range near the end.

I'd say good luck, but I wouldn't mean it. :lol:

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big fat LOL at ESPN saying no alcohol allowed at Gameday. This is longest party in Pullman history with everyone going and passing out at 9 or whenever Corso puts the Coug head on. I just pray everyone sets their alarm to actually show up to the game.

I will say though, Corso will have some serious balls if he puts on the Duck head with 50,000 plus Cougs surrounded his bus.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big fat LOL at ESPN saying no alcohol allowed at Gameday. This is longest party in Pullman history with everyone going and passing out at 9 or whenever Corso puts the Coug head on. I just pray everyone sets their alarm to actually show up to the game.

I will say though, Corso will have some serious balls if he puts on the Duck head with 50,000 plus Cougs surrounded his bus.
He's got solid wood for the ducks. Not much chance he wears butch's headgear.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's got solid wood for the ducks. Not much chance he wears butch's headgear.

He might have a hadron for Oregon but just for fear for his safety he should don Butch’s head. The county and state have already had to call in more police to help, there just isn’t enough security especially since 90% of the people will have had zero sleep and are still working on a buzz from tonight. It is official to where Pullman is finally the place to be, even Mutts would be getting free drinks right now.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GAMEDAY is awesome today. The crowd is LIT. Love it when they start the show and it’s still dark.

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to say it was impressive opening for Gameday. My wives side of family are mostly Cougs. I have been blasted via texts and social media this week. This is going to be a track meet. I don't feel extremely confident. I think the Cougs score at least 40. Question is can the Ducks???

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in the same opinion.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are entirely confusing the hatred of a team with the hatred of their fans. You don't have that level of a rivalry. Few in the country do. Sure, there are a couple of others with this much hate, but not many. It runs deep. And has nothing at all to do with where UW's team is at. Whether they are 0-12 or 12-0 I'd rather see the ducks lose every game on their schedule and wouldn't pull for them.
Yes, we used to have one of those. But they decided leaving was the better part of valor. I mean, cant beat 'em, we'll go somewhere else and try our luck. :thumb:

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He might have a hadron for Oregon but just for fear for his safety he should don Butch’s head. The county and state have already had to call in more police to help, there just isn’t enough security especially since 90% of the people will have had zero sleep and are still working on a buzz from tonight. It is official to where Pullman is finally the place to be, even Mutts would be getting free drinks right now.
Yes, but if they hurt Corso, Espin will nuke the place :exploding: