• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GOING TO GAMEDAY IN PULLMAN

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont stress little brother so much. Hell I don't remember their bad seasons unless they beat SC with something on the line......JJ Stokes....

Same goes in reverse if SC has a bad season the only way I remember the rivalry games are when they're upsets or great games......

Obsessing over a rivals record is borderline insecurity in your team imo.

I prefer the rivalry game to hold as much meaning as possible those are the big wins
You are entirely confusing the hatred of a team with the hatred of their fans. You don't have that level of a rivalry. Few in the country do. Sure, there are a couple of others with this much hate, but not many. It runs deep. And has nothing at all to do with where UW's team is at. Whether they are 0-12 or 12-0 I'd rather see the ducks lose every game on their schedule and wouldn't pull for them.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are entirely confusing the hatred of a team with the hatred of their fans. You don't have that level of a rivalry. Few in the country do. Sure, there are a couple of others with this much hate, but not many. It runs deep. And has nothing at all to do with where UW's team is at. Whether they are 0-12 or 12-0 I'd rather see the ducks lose every game on their schedule and wouldn't pull for them.
I'd pull for the Ducks if it helped Washington's cause.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't let the fans effect me I pay attention to the games on the field. Higher stakes bigger win much more meaningful when facing a rival.

an Arizona win over UCLAA is not a USC win over UCLA etc...Much more devastating beating your rival when the game holds actual implications. Then playing your rival with nothing on the line......

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't let the fans effect me I pay attention to the games on the field. Higher stakes bigger win much more meaningful when facing a rival.

an Arizona win over UCLAA is not a USC win over UCLA etc...Much more devastating beating your rival when the game holds actual implications. Then playing your rival with nothing on the line......
Again, I get your perspective, but it's entirely because you don't have a thing like UW v Ewwwgene. Pretty much everyone hates USC, but you don't have the vitriol of a bitter hated rival. You simply don't.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, I get your perspective, but it's entirely because you don't have a thing like UW v Ewwwgene. Pretty much everyone hates USC, but you don't have the vitriol of a bitter hated rival. You simply don't.
I can see where your coming from to a point. Its fun to see a rival struggle....But I think SC and NDs rivalry runs deeper. One of the biggest rivalries in sports history imo. When it comes to ND and UCLA its so much more memorable and satisfying when theirs a lot on the line

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leaving Oregon Friday afternoonish, getting into Pullman Friday evening and staying Friday and Saturday night up there. Will be getting up early to go to game day!
Sweet! Do you know which direction to go?

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I GOT TICKETS TO TEH OREGON WAZZU GAME FOR SATURDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I WILL BE THERE FOR THE FIRST EVER GAMEDAY EXPERIENCE IN PULLMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last time I was in Pullman it was a disaster, thought I would never go back to that place. But cant turn down tickets and being at gameday!!

OO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SKOOOOOOO DUCKS!!!!!!!

awesome, take a picture of the tickets.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sweet! Do you know which direction to go?

If Oregon wins, and he is legitimately staying in Pullman he might not be posting Sunday. After a loss on a Saturday Night and Pullman makes Compton look like an upscale suburb.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Moscow is booked, you essentially have to stay in Boise or Spokane if you don’t want $500 a night rate.
i stayed about half hour away in Lewiston last time i went over

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leaving Oregon Friday afternoonish, getting into Pullman Friday evening and staying Friday and Saturday night up there. Will be getting up early to go to game day!

Probably stay in Idaho, not giving the state of Washington too much of my money.

Sounds like OD is going all strategic with his plan.

“By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.” ― Benjamin Franklin

“Plans are nothing; planning is everything.” ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

“Before anything else, preparation is the key to success.” ― Alexander Graham Bell

“Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe.” ― Abraham Lincoln

“Plan your work for today and every day, then work your plan.” ― Margaret Thatcher

“I ain’t Martin Luther King. I don’t need a dream. I have a plan.” ― Spike Lee

“Just because you make a good plan, doesn’t mean that’s what’s gonna happen.” ― Taylor Swift

Translation:

OD will probably be sneaking across the Idaho-Washington state line under cover of darkness:

THZ2.gif

:D

Have fun!

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah the annual “OD randomly got free tickets to an away game” thread.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i stayed about half hour away in Lewiston last time i went over

That’s the other legit place I would recommend but from everything I’ve heard anywhere remotely close to driving distance has jacked up rates. Just a fair warning for my feathered friends.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My nephew is a student at wazzu. It's funny that we were just talking about the lack of hotel rooms in podunk Pullman.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah rooms are extremely hard to come by, may be trying to figure out an RV park.

crimsontater

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gameday is pretty kool. i remember my first one. lsu at bama. crowd was ok. would have been better if they had speakers set up so we could hear them. but they got better and the crowds got bigger.

honestly, i like watching gameday go out west. coming on air before daylight is so kool.

so, op go have a great time. it's a kool college football experience. plus make a good sign. something original, like, oh, idk, maybe "WE WANT BAMA"! lol, have a blast!

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to see OD waving Ol Crimson.

wazzu-flag.jpg