• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Going forward into next season

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fisher's strengths from what I have been told are him playing CF and going down hill at people, not straight coverage or point of attack per se which is why I see him at FS or Rover more than Whip. Reavis has the build where he could end Ho anywhere from FS to Backer honestly. He is thicker than he looks in his older pictures I have heard (in a good way).

Amen to RVD being back as well. Hopefully those shoulders stay healthy and we can see a lot if him this Spring and all of next fall. His bro may end up starting this fall as well from what I have heard from EGW.

won't DVD miss the spring still recovering from ACL surgery? Definitely looking forward to getting that kid out on the field, but figured that would handicap him for the starting job.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barring a slew of injuries...honestly I am not too worried about the D. Will they be as good as what we had this year?? No. I think Hopkins and Fuller will be missed alot, but other than that..it seems we have some capable players to step in and pick up where some of the other quality players left off. The DL will take a step back..but the talent seems to be in place to be as good or better at certain positions, especially linebacker.

vtfan15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hope Maddy does the same. Gotta have him back.
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Hokies&amp;src=hash">#Hokies</a> junior rover Kyshoen Jarrett has announced on Twitter that he will return for his senior season at Virginia Tech. <a href="https://twitter.com/Ky3fOUR">@Ky3fOUR</a></p>&mdash; VT Football (@VT_Football) <a href="https://twitter.com/VT_Football/statuses/420687883863719936">January 7, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Our secondary will be fine in my opinion. Riley, by all accounts, could be a starting CB at many ACC schools so he will be more than serviceable as a nickel or fill-in. Frye and Greene could both contribute. DT is in good hands too I think. Maddy, Nigel, Woody, and 3 studly true frosh. DE is looking pretty iffy though and our LB core is a big ?? but I have a feeling our LBers will show out next season, barring more injuries.

Offense if my concern .. specifically the offensive line and QB

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tariq and Tyler are gonna be missed... A lot of inexperience, but It looks like te future is brighter there than it has been in awhile. The VanDykes, Moss, McKinnon, Motuapuaka,... Clarke could be very good. Better athletes and depth, especially at Mike. Hopefully they have the brains to play their respective positions.

And also Williams.. Don't think he is in the same class as those listed above??? At least as far as being an above average athlete. He may be a Tyler clone.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All signs point to him being a TE in spring ball.

Welcome to the board! :welcome:

How did you find us?

Also, I have heard the same and some of the players have been saying he is going to be really good at it. If he, Malleck and Kline all get on the field together with Loeffler who loves multi-TEs that could be fun.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense should be better next year as it looks like we'll have improved at every position but QB. The defense is another matter... But in Bud we trust.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome Shockwave!!!

Sounds like Bucky was killing it at TE (Scout team) this year and that it is pretty well a done deal that he will be there going forward. I am excited about the kind of mismatches these kind of athletes can create going forward.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TE's playing QB. QBs playing TE. A LB playing Kicker. A badass playing punter.

If Bucky is moving to TE then that position will be stacked come fall camp with Malleck, Cline, Bucky, and Burke

VT_Antzo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bring back the Wild Turkey formation!

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YESSS we really needed him to come back. Gonna need his leadership on an inexperienced d-line.

Moseph

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sooo... anybody else on here think that maybe some of the running game (or lack thereof) could have something to do with Shane?!? I mean he's definitely earned his stripes with recruiting but he coached in other positions outside of running backs at his previous positions.

Thoughts?!?