• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Going forward into next season

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Sooo... anybody else on here think that maybe some of the running game (or lack thereof) could have something to do with Shane?!? I mean he's definitely earned his stripes with recruiting but he coached in other positions outside of running backs at his previous positions.

Thoughts?!?

Billy Hite was one of the best. There has clearly been a drop off since Shane came on board. It's too early for me to conclude its all Shane's fault though. We lost three very high quality running backs in two years. Our offensive staff completely turned over. Line play has been inconsistent in the running game. There have also been more passing attempts than normal.

With LT gone, the running game must produce. Shane's career path might reflect what happens on the field next.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Billy Hite was one of the best. There has clearly been a drop off since Shane came on board. It's too early for me to conclude its all Shane's fault though. We lost three very high quality running backs in two years. Our offensive staff completely turned over. Line play has been inconsistent in the running game. There have also been more passing attempts than normal.

With LT gone, the running game must produce. Shane's career path might reflect what happens on the field next.

^^^This. There has been a dropoff in talent at that position the last few years. The OL play has much to do with the lack of a running game too. Frankly, we were pretty spoiled thru the 2000's, especially wrt the RBs.

Plus, how much coaching do you think the RB coach really does?? Not saying he does none...but I think his plate is NOT exactly completely full concerning coaching the backs. That is one of the easiest positions for a young talented underclassman (ahem RW, Wilson, Evans, KJ) to come in and make immediate impact. Either they have it..or they don't, simple as that. JMHO.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shane did coach RBs his last year at Mississippi State, so it's not completely new to him. And I'm sure having Hite still around he got some good pointers, etc. Doesn't change the fact that he didn't play RB, though. That would be preferred. But it's not necessarily essential, either. And a lot of the blame for our running game needs to fall other places, with the OL, our RB talent, etc. Shane has made his mistakes too, like the rotation in 2012, but at least he learned from that and did better in that respect this year. We're ok.

Doesn't mean we can't dream about things like Stiney taking a HC job somewhere, Moorehead or Grimes adding TEs to their responsibilities, Shane taking over special teams, and someone like KJ coming in to coach RBs. :)

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any other year I'd look at this schedule and think big BIG thoughts about what we could do.

b82d2a12fbd360cec58879fbb57f293e.jpg

After some of the games this season and that disaster vs. UCLA, I hope we make it through bowl eligible.

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a lot of travel. 10 of the 12 games will be played in Virginia/North Carolina. The furthest we go is Columbus, OH. Local recruits gonna have plenty of opportunities to see a Tech game.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With most of the drama of NSD done by 9 am (aside from Ford and Harrison) it is time to discuss the next step. Who switches positions? Bronson and Mihota are big DEs. Do they stay there or slide inside? Is stroman a CB or WR? Where will Tybus Taylor be lining up? McMillian at WR or safety?

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With most of the drama of NSD done by 9 am (aside from Ford and Harrison) it is time to discuss the next step. Who switches positions? Bronson and Mihota are big DEs. Do they stay there or slide inside? Is stroman a CB or WR? Where will Tybus Taylor be lining up? McMillian at WR or safety?

I am sure Wiles will experiment with both Bronson and Mihota inside. Bronson looked like he could make an excellent inside player skill wise....guess it all depends on what Gentry does to him. Stroman will probably stick with CB, but I expect him to be in the running for punt/kickoff return from day 1. Not a clue how Taylor and McMillian will fit in.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure Wiles will experiment with both Bronson and Mihota inside. Bronson looked like he could make an excellent inside player skill wise....guess it all depends on what Gentry does to him. Stroman will probably stick with CB, but I expect him to be in the running for punt/kickoff return from day 1. Not a clue how Taylor and McMillian will fit in.

Stroman and Bradshaw i could see as returners for sure. I think McMillian will end up at safety. 6'1" 200 lbs coming in, he could be playing at 220 by the end and be a beast back there. Taylor is really interesting though. I don't know much about him and haven't watched film really to know his speed

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Mihota and/or Bronson could end up inside depending on their development. I would like to see Mihota stay at DE personally. Taylor = LB, Stroman = CB, McMillian = S or CB.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fake? I ask because I thought they retired the gobbler logo

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
FG logo is indeed retired again.

I like the reflection of what appears to be a single male's cluttered apartment though. :laugh3:

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to see it was just a troll job. I dont like them

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to see it was just a troll job. I dont like them

Same here. My first thought when I saw it was that we're becoming more and more the East Coast Oregon (though it's going to take a lot to take that title away from Maryland).

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator: