• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Going forward into next season

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Final vertical jump numbers from the FREE side of Beamerball:

3/1/2012
10:01p

Final Vertical Jumps

Marcus Davis - 42.5"
Michael Holmes - 41"
Demetri Knowles - 40"
James Gayle - 39.5" (Defensive End Position Record)
Dadi Nicolas - 38"
Antone Exum - 38"
Chris Caver - 38"
Alonzo Tweedy - 37.5"
Corey Marshall - 37" (Defensive Tackle Position Record)
E.L. Smiling - 37"
James Hopper - 37"

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Final vertical jump numbers from the FREE side of Beamerball:

3/1/2012
10:01p

Final Vertical Jumps

Marcus Davis - 42.5"
Michael Holmes - 41"
Demetri Knowles - 40"
James Gayle - 39.5" (Defensive End Position Record)
Dadi Nicolas - 38"
Antone Exum - 38"
Chris Caver - 38"
Alonzo Tweedy - 37.5"
Corey Marshall - 37" (Defensive Tackle Position Record)
E.L. Smiling - 37"
James Hopper - 37"

That is just nuts. DT can jump 3ft in the air. That is a lot of explosion from them legs.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
LOL!! Those sharp-as-a-tack media types are already going after Tech's forty-times like they're breaking some kind of big story:

Andy Bitter ‏ @AndyBitterVT
Comparing 40 times, David Wilson was listed at 4.29 for the #Hokies last year. Ran a 4.49 at the combine. #justsayin

Sean Bielawski ‏ @SeanBielawski
HA RT @HokiesJournal: #Hokies fake/real 40 times are up ... WR Demitri Knowles clocks team-best 4.28, which means he's probably a 4.4 guy.

Newsflash for the media...Tech's 40-times are hand-timed on a fast track. That makes them .1 to .2 faster than electronic times. Tech times players in the forty for comparison purposes from one year to the next to measure improvement or lack thereof.

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Antone Exum is a fucking monster for how thick he is. Sean Taylor without the attitude problems and bad group of friends.

I wish he had the same Taylor cover skills. He's been burned a few times. Before I'd make that comparisson (a safety on a perenial pro bowl, if not HOF carrer arc) I'd like to see more from him.

But measurables... yes, yes indeed.

hokiecheme11

Mr. Manager
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andy Bitter ‏ @AndyBitterVT
#Hokies DB coach Torrian Gray said today Kyle Fuller, Antone Exum will start at CB this spring. Detrick Bonner, Kyshoen Jarrett at safety.

hmmmmmmmmmmm

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
With the addition of Exum, our front nine is going to be very strong against the run.

I am very interested to see how our safeties perform during Spring ball.

hokiecheme11

Mr. Manager
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assume it's just a move to see where everyone's at and build depth. Similar to what we did with Exum/Whitley last year. This way, if someone goes down we will have a better idea of who to plug in.

I sorta still expect Exum at safety (rover?) come August.

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it will be interesting to see if exum sticks there or moves back to safety. who will be our starting safeties?

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
honestly my dream secondary would be...

cbs- fuller, jarrett
fs- exum
ss- van dyke

would really like for ronnie to win the job. i like his size. hopefully he steps up. im also interested to see how michael cole plays out.

hokiecheme11

Mr. Manager
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
honestly my dream secondary would be...

cbs- fuller, jarrett
fs- exum
ss- van dyke

would really like for ronnie to win the job. i like his size. hopefully he steps up. im also interested to see how michael cole plays out.

Apparently RVD is gonna get a look at whip this spring. Agree I like his potential at safety

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently RVD is gonna get a look at whip this spring. Agree I like his potential at safety

i'd be fine with him at WHIP also, i just want him to get some quality time on the field. same with michael cole, he could play safety or WHIP and i think hes got good potential.

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
honestly i dont remember seeing much of boye so i dont have much of an opinion. i liked cole and ronny's potential and size/speed combo coming out of HS so thats why i was hoping theyd impress. id be glad with boye too as hes probably a better cover option.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I assume it's just a move to see where everyone's at and build depth. Similar to what we did with Exum/Whitley last year. This way, if someone goes down we will have a better idea of who to plug in.

I sorta still expect Exum at safety (rover?) come August.

This is probably what it is. Wiles has the same situation at DT where there are too few guys on the roster and he's playing Marshall out of his natural position. I'd say they just want to see how players would do in a new position if they are forced there due to injuries

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This is probably what it is. Wiles has the same situation at DT where there are too few guys on the roster and he's playing Marshall out of his natural position. I'd say they just want to see how players would do in a new position if they are forced there due to injuries

We'll have four or five solid DTs in the Fall....the Hopkins brothers, Luther Maddy, Kris Harley, and Corey Marshall. Marshall may play as a DT or DE depending on the situation on the field...he will be hard to contain no matter where we play him. Three new DTs will be arriving in the Fall...Williams, Smith, and Baron.

We're loaded at DE: Gayle, Collins, McCray, Wilson, Nicholas, Roth, and Taylor are already on the roster with Jones and Dooley arriving in the Fall.

Personally speaking, I'd say Wiles should be pretty pleased with his current DL situation.