• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Goff

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
someone will sign him, jax or miami i think
Personally I think both Tranny and Flaccid get starting gigs. I was just arguing the point if the Rams were to sign a QB with expirience they should target Flacco instead of Tanny.
Not that I think they'll be able to sign a vet of that caliber to sit the bench. I don't think they have the cap space. Especially with all the contracts coming up.

Rams are following right along with what Seattle and Philly did. Well except those teams won a SB before they had to start letting players go.
I know Ram fans don't like this bit if they don't strike pay dirt these next two drafts they will be in trouble.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goff is a young QB who faced one of the best Defensive coaches in NFL history...

I find it funny how two weeks earlier Goff was a hero and now all the sudden he sucks? Because he lost the superbowl to Belichick? Makes no sense to me...

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goff is a young QB who faced one of the best Defensive coaches in NFL history...

I find it funny how two weeks earlier Goff was a hero and now all the sudden he sucks? Because he lost the superbowl to Belichick? Makes no sense to me...

Goff is a young QB. Who has potential. It wasn't two weeks earlier anyone outside of LA thought he was a hero. He had a terrible playoff run. If you said midseason maybe someone would possibly agree with you.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im tempted to bring in somebody in from the draft with a 4th or lower pick. Somebody who can chuck it and isn't afraid to chuck it just to get Goff thinking more and see what he does under pressure. Mannion isn't pushing him at all.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goff is a young QB. Who has potential. It wasn't two weeks earlier anyone outside of LA thought he was a hero. He had a terrible playoff run. If you said midseason maybe someone would possibly agree with you.

Wrong, he made some incredible plays against the Saints. And I don't really care if a Cheatriot fan agrees or not...

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line, we wouldn't have been in the Superbowl without him.... Isn't that all that matters? Let's not act like Brady played well in the Superbowl, he didn't, both QB's played badly...

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong, he made some incredible plays against the Saints. And I don't really care if a Cheatriot fan agrees or not...

So are you saying he had a good playoff run? I hit a homerun once. I must be a homerun king.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line, we wouldn't have been in the Superbowl without him.... Isn't that all that matters? Let's not act like Brady played well in the Superbowl, he didn't, both QB's played badly...

I never said Brady had a great SB. So you're wrong he had some great plays:D see how this works?:rolleyes2:

It was a Ram fan that tried comparing Goff and Brady, not me. :lol::lol::lol:

So based on Goff's season and his playoff run are you willing to commit a five year $125M to him today?

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said Brady had a great SB. So you're wrong he had some great plays:D see how this works?:rolleyes2:

It was a Ram fan that tried comparing Goff and Brady, not me. :lol::lol::lol:

So based on Goff's season and his playoff run are you willing to commit a five year $125M to him today?

Why would we want to start paying him big money now when we can wait a year? But yes, barring catastrophic injury(hopefully not)he will be here for a long time to come...

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would we want to start paying him big money now when we can wait a year? But yes, barring catastrophic injury(hopefully not)he will be here for a long time to come...
That had been my point with the other poster. If he doesn't improve this season are the Rams willing to make him the franchise QB? I'm skeptical is all. I'm not convinced he has shown us enough to command that kind of payday, you think dufferently and that's fine.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well NWPATSFAN. Goff has one more year left on his rookie contract and if the negotiations that Aaron Donald went through over a three year period are any indication of how the Rams will proceed with Goff, Goff will not be signing any extension any time soon.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I would say he was "good" in the playoffs. He certainly wasn't "bad"
OK I guess you watched different games.
You honestly believe that 1 TD vs 2 INTs in 3 games is good? He avg roughly 200 yds a game, a QBR likely in the 40-50 range and a rating in the low 70s. I'm guessing on these numbers but willing to bet I'm not far off.
One decent game against a terrible NO D doesn't scream good.1

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well NWPATSFAN. Goff has one more year left on his rookie contract and if the negotiations that Aaron Donald went through over a three year period are any indication of how the Rams will proceed with Goff, Goff will not be signing any extension any time soon.

I agree and that's good and bad. Depending on how he plays this next season may determine his real value. If he does well maybe he takes the FA route and can cost you more to retain? Or he doesn't do to well and now the Rams need to decide what his true value is?
Tag him at likely $25-30M with those other contracts?

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK I guess you watched different games.
You honestly believe that 1 TD vs 2 INTs in 3 games is good? He avg roughly 200 yds a game, a QBR likely in the 40-50 range and a rating in the low 70s. I'm guessing on these numbers but willing to bet I'm not far off.
One decent game against a terrible NO D doesn't scream good.1

Now New Orleans has a terrible D? Since when? Plus Dallas is one of the best Defensive teams in the NFL... As for NO, let's just say there are more teams below them, than above them...

Last edited:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree and that's good and bad. Depending on how he plays this next season may determine his real value. If he does well maybe he takes the FA route and can cost you more to retain? Or he doesn't do to well and now the Rams need to decide what his true value is?
Tag him at likely $25-30M with those other contracts?

Nah, I don't think the Rams are thinking in those cut and dry terms. I think the Rams will see if Goff returns his final rook contract year and plays consistently great throughout the season and if they get to the playoffs. They will be tracking his progress and once the season is done, they'll come to their final decision and what they are going to do with Goff going forward. If we win a SB with Goff as the QB, then it'll be a no-brainer, but tagging the guy is def out at least for now.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now New Orleans has a terrible D? Since when? Plus Dallas is one of the best Defensive teams in the NFL... As for NO, let's just say there are more teams below them, than above them...
You may want to be careful how you sort stats. NO gave up the 4th most passing yards in the NFL, 10th most passing TDs. Their secondary was awful.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may want to be careful how you sort stats. NO gave up the 4th most passing yards in the NFL, 10th most passing TDs. Their secondary was awful.

That New Orleans defense was so damn bad that they ended up the #1 seed in the NFC. And yes, I know they have a badass offense, but you cannot end up in that position by Offense alone I today's NFL...
Btw, I saw quite a few Saints games this season and their secondary made some HUGE plays when they had to.... The addition of Eli Apple from the Giants helped them quite a bit at times...

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That New Orleans defense was so damn bad that they ended up the #1 seed in the NFC. And yes, I know they have a badass offense, but you cannot end up in that position by Offense alone I today's NFL...
Btw, I saw quite a few Saints games this season and their secondary made some HUGE plays when they had to.... The addition of Eli Apple from the Giants helped them quite a bit at times...
OK if that helps you sleep.