• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Goddell paid 44.2 million last year

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The SportsBusiness Journal reports NFL commissioner Roger Goodell earned $44.2 million in a 12-month period ending Mar. 31, 2013.

According to reporter Daniel Kaplan, the league's tax return will indicate Goodell was paid a $3.5 million salary and $40.36 million "bonus."

Goodell's absurd bonus is more than the vast majority of NFL players earn in a lifetime, and easily makes him the highest-paid commissioner in North American sports. It's not a good look for a league that literally identifies itself as "not-for-profit" for tax purposes.

We'd expect the commish's gargantuan salary to be dialed back for the next fiscal year.
Feb 14 - 3:36 PM

Made 3.5 million, got a 40 million dollar bonus. Seems legit. I heard his Christmas bonus will be paid in Swedish virgins.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely agree with him- this whole thing is no big deal. Goodell runs a business that is absolutely killing it financially, his salary is on par with that fiscal reality.

I agree with the CEO making the money because they take on the most risk. HOWEVER, Goodell took NONE of the risks, just the position. Actually it is all the individual team owners that are taking all the risks, therefore they should be making the most. If an individual team goes belly up than it's on the owner, not Goodell.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pffft. CEOs are nothing but glorified cheerleaders. The fucking office manager does more to earn his pay then these chumps.

All this ridiculous "look at what other CEOs are making" crap is what started this buffoonery. Guys like Gates and Dell and a few others built their companies and deserve to make that much money. Idiots like Goodell and 99% of the CEOs out there who did nothing but inherit a position because someone liked them deserve nothing. Back in the day these types whined when they saw the innovators making this huge money and said WAAAAA! I manage a company of the same size and should make as much as they do. The great money grab of the 90s was born and nobody did anything to stop it because everyone was making money and no one wanted it to end. Cowards!

Old Lion face fucked everyone with this post. Winner.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If an individual team goes belly up the league actually would have to address it. I have no doubt they could replace the team relatively easily, but the league would have huge issues throughout the entire process.

What risk does a CEO take, for the record? If it crashes they don't get their bonuses, and neither would Goodell if the NFL did. He looks as bad if a team folds as a CEO does if their business does.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pffft. CEOs are nothing but glorified cheerleaders. The fucking office manager does more to earn his pay then these chumps.

All this ridiculous "look at what other CEOs are making" crap is what started this buffoonery. Guys like Gates and Dell and a few others built their companies and deserve to make that much money. Idiots like Goodell and 99% of the CEOs out there who did nothing but inherit a position because someone liked them deserve nothing. Back in the day these types whined when they saw the innovators making this huge money and said WAAAAA! I manage a company of the same size and should make as much as they do. The great money grab of the 90s was born and nobody did anything to stop it because everyone was making money and no one wanted it to end. Cowards!

Damn I didn't even see this post until Rob reposted it. perfect answer. He who takes the risk should get the gold at the end of the rainbow.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's almost as if he were King of The Forrest.

Old Lion vs. every poster in this thread:

punch-out-nintendo-nes-videogames-943999.gif

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All that extra work on the bike paid off. (Bald Bull looks surprised.)

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt it's a good job.

The NFL is a multi billion dollar operation and I have no problem with Goodell making GM President type money. With that salary comes the responsibility of dealing with player behavior, Team nick name issues and every other problem that comes down the pipe.

Plus in the grand scheme of things Suh's fines should cover a good deal of that salary!