• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

God made him big enough to play football

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen one MLB game live, 1972 in Montreal. Expos vs the Pirates. Stargell, Clemente, Oliver.

I sleep fairly well so I don't need assistance...

I love the major soccer events, not the Limpics. WC, Euro, etc. I watch every game. Ditto for WC Rugby. Good for about a month each when they get rolling.

The We Are Family Pirates!

For me with soccer...watching it with a real soccer fan helps me understand all the nuances...kinda like NASCAR...I watched about half the race this weekend largely because nothing else live was on but Covid-19 or protest.

I have a good buddy who is big into NASCAR...it's more fun watching with him. I've never watched a full rugby match.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL...I'm a big fan and most of my time spent on this forum is about the NFL. But if I'm being totally honest...now...if it's not a Falcon or Steeler game...the teams need to be good and a good close game to hold my interest for 4 qtrs, especially the primetime games.

Whereas 4-5 years ago...I'd be up watching whomever.
I can still watch any teams playing in the NFL. Mostly because even though the game should be a blowout, they may not be. For instance, week 7 of last season. Beer in hand sitting in my recliner, I would have watched any of these start to finish. No way I could do that with the NBA. Maybe a couple minutes here and there of an NBA game, but that is it.

upload_2020-6-8_14-34-42.png

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will also tell you that his growing up in poverty is a myth. For most of his adolescence he was living with a coach or guardian. He also had a brand new Hummer in HS and attended a very expensive private school that had he not been a basketball player, would have never even given him a consideration..

You don't know what you're talking about. So LeBron growing up in poverty is a myth? I'm originally from Akron & I can tell you he had it rough growing up. And if you knew anything about the private schools in NE Ohio (which you obviously don't) all of them made exceptions for talented kids. Ever hear of Hoban? They bought a kid named Tyrell Sutton. When his career was over he was Ohio's all time leading rusher.

And who cares (other than haters like you) that LeBron was rolling around in a Hummer his senior year? Everyone knew he was going straight to the NBA.

giphy (5).gif

miah

Well Hung Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't he just defending China for arresting their protesters?

And now he's a left wing hero.
#shocking

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The We Are Family Pirates!

For me with soccer...watching it with a real soccer fan helps me understand all the nuances...kinda like NASCAR...I watched about half the race this weekend largely because nothing else live was on but Covid-19 or protest.

I have a good buddy who is big into NASCAR...it's more fun watching with him. I've never watched a full rugby match.

I'm doing NASCAR right now but I have to scan though in spots. I much prefer F1.

Soccer is a game for gentlemen played by hooligans.

Rugby is a game for hooligans played by gentlemen....

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can still watch any teams playing in the NFL. Mostly because even though the game should be a blowout, they may not be. For instance, week 7 of last season. Beer in hand sitting in my recliner, I would have watched any of these start to finish. No way I could do that with the NBA. Maybe a couple minutes here and there of an NBA game, but that is it.

View attachment 244225

That used to be me.

I can't do that with ANY sport now....lol

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't he just defending China for arresting their protesters?
Yes. Yes he was.

He's China's slave. He does whatever they want.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would anyone choose football over basketball as a career?

HoF football players make less in their careers than mediocre NBA players and are far more susceptible to lifelong health problems

Basketball players only choose football once it becomes clear theyre not good enough to play basketball for money in Europe or the NBA.

I mean i love football but youd have to be fucking stupid to pick the NFL over the NBA

Apples an oranges. Basketball is a skilled sport and football is about raw athleticism. Not to say that basketball players aren't freaks but it's not like anybody gives a shit about their 40 times or how many times they can bench 225 lbs.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apples an oranges. Basketball is a skilled sport and football is about raw athleticism. Not to say that basketball players aren't freaks but it's not like anybody gives a shit about their 40 times or how many times they can bench 225 lbs.
Maybe? I guess i was just responding to the thought LeBron shouldve played football. I cant think of a single guy who was NBA caliber who chose a different sport. Not on the last few decades anyway. Dave Winfield may be the last one and he was a lock MLBer and a fringe NBA guy

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe? I guess i was just responding to the thought LeBron shouldve played football. I cant think of a single guy who was NBA caliber who chose a different sport. Not on the last few decades anyway. Dave Winfield may be the last one and he was a lock MLBer and a fringe NBA guy

That's one guy. Everybody says they're the "greatest athletes on the planet" but I'm not buying that. NFL players are judged on raw athleticism. NBA you need specific skills like being able to shoot and dribble and be tall. Kevin Durant would be broken in two after one practice.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pirates. Stargell, Clemente, Oliver.
that was my team back in the day. I went to the Astrodome and watched Clemente throw a runner out at home from the base of the right field wall in the air, no bounce....Most awesome throw I ever saw

Then when I was a little older, I marveled at the thought of Doc Ellis throwing a no hitter on LSD

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that was my team back in the day. I went to the Astrodome and watched Clemente throw a runner out at home from the base of the right field wall in the air, no bounce....Most awesome throw I ever saw

Then when I was a little older, I marveled at the thought of Doc Ellis throwing a no hitter on LSD

I was in left field bleachers and Al Oliver (I think?) hit a HR that landed 5 empty seats away from me. And bounced.

But I wasn't paying attention. Too busy talking to friends. Could have easily been mine. I was 16.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll always remember Jordan for his superhero ability in working through the arm bar, the fade shot, and crazy dunks.

I'll always remember Lebron for his superhero ability to launch a 6'9" 250 lb body back 5-6 feet when someone pushed him with about 1-5 lbs of force.
mine will be the crab dribble and all the traveling

source.gif

source.gif

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now LeCrybaby is tweeting about voting suppression in Georgia.

Someone start the NBA please so this cat can get his lunch money taken by Kawhi

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I really didn't like about Lebron and most of the NBA players that played apart in what someone already touched on earlier were the protests. When owners were upset that players had been taking a knee in which led to protests and them losing tons of money and Lebron sided with the cause. When the Rockets GM made the pro Hong Kong independence Tweet and China responding like they normally do by cutting off all revenues/events/merchandise from the NBA which led to players losing money for Lebron to come out and say that he should have been more mindful of what he said because NBA players are losing money is being 100% hypocritical. So what Lebron is saying its ok to protest and hurt peoples income as long as it isn't his or his NBA friends.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But this pussy played basketball instead.

Now he's talking shit on a football player.

LeBitch

2nd best basketball player of all-time...I think it works for him.

Go take a seat, you seem confused

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is this in the NFL forum? So sick of all this. There is a reason I don't go to the Politics forum, so keep it in there.

@eaglesnut is too stupid to realize this

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is this in the NFL forum? So sick of all this. There is a reason I don't go to the Politics forum, so keep it in there.
Blame Lebitch for talking shit on a football player.

He's China's slave. So who cares how good he is at basketball?

If you don't think this garbage belongs in football then take it up with the dumbasses that want to give draft picks for pigmentation hires and get all uppity every election year.

Some petty criminal dies and they gotta tell us on ESPN. So you can hear about it here too. Quit your crying.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck LeFraud.
Dude thought he deserved to be on the Lakers' Mt. Rushmore before his first damn practice with the team.

Fuckin asshole.