• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

God made him big enough to play football

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They want to be where their sport is talked about and have a bodybuilding physique. NBA is the sport for a party lifestyle though.
:facepalm5:

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Longer career likelihood with basketball, too.
For sure and youve got to wait longer to join the league AND wait longer to get your first big deal

Honestly if youre an elite athlete the NFL is probably your last choice for most of them

Kyler Murray is really the first guy in awhile to legitimately have a choice and to pick football

Most other NFL ex baseballers simply werent good enough at baseball.

But i cant think of a single NBA and NFL caliber college player who chose football. Im sure there are probably a few. Just cant think of them

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBA is far more popular worldwide than the NFL

If youre looking to be a global icon the NFL is by far the worst of the 3 major US sports to play
You misspelled "bitch ass whore for the chinese communist party."

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron made a racist/antisemitic tweet a couple years ago and it was swept under the rug

*claimed he didnt understand the context of "Jew money"

#BULL2THEFUCKINGSHIT

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never went to a class in high school and hangs around a bunch of 7' entitled millionaire drug-smoking racists and somehow thinks he's entitled to foist his narrow, unenlightened opinions on the rest of us. He and the rest of them can go fuck themselves. Ignorant fools paid millions to play a sport and that entitles them to force their bullshit opinions on the rest of us.
I will also tell you that his growing up in poverty is a myth. For most of his adolescence he was living with a coach or guardian. He also had a brand new Hummer in HS and attended a very expensive private school that had he not been a basketball player, would have never even given him a consideration..

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would anyone choose football over basketball as a career?

HoF football players make less in their careers than mediocre NBA players and are far more susceptible to lifelong health problems

Basketball players only choose football once it becomes clear theyre not good enough to play basketball for money in Europe or the NBA.

I mean i love football but youd have to be fucking stupid to pick the NFL over the NBA

No sane person that had the choice would.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
strange thread topic

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBA is far more popular worldwide than the NFL

If youre looking to be a global icon the NFL is by far the worst of the 3 major US sports to play

We love it here but even here its far less about the players than it is the teams.

Basketball is the opposite. They market their players far far better

NBA...If they cut the games back to maybe 50 + playoffs...I could get back into it on a more serious level...imo, as games go, baseball, and basketball are more interesting than football...but the action in football is hard to replicate...NHL is a very difficult skillset and truly amazing to see it live...but TV it doesn't do it for me.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBA...If they cut the games back to maybe 50 + playoffs...I could get back into it on a more serious level...imo, as games go, baseball, and basketball are more interesting than football...but the action in football is hard to replicate...NHL is a very difficult skillset and truly amazing to see it live...but TV it doesn't do it for me.
Basketball and soccer are the only 2 sports in the world that create billionaire former players. Football isnt even in the top 15 for worldwide interest .

I love me some NFL but there are literally at least 5 sports a person would rather play professionally if he had the choice

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron isn't any different than the 12 NFL players who made a video last week or George Clooney or Kathy Lee Gifford or Roseann Barr. They have fame and a following and they can't stand the fact that we're living in world where their lives are not of greater importance than anyone else's. They've all been asked to take a seat at the back of the bus and trying to find any way they can to move back to the front.

Making a statement that gets clicks or comments makes them feel relevant. They really need to find the Hoop and spend some time with real people........right??

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

thump, thump, squeak, squeak, thump, squeak, thump........

Not even if it was the last sport standing.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basketball and soccer are the only 2 sports in the world that create billionaire former players. Football isnt even in the top 15 for worldwide interest .

I love me some NFL but there are literally at least 5 sports a person would rather play professionally if he had the choice

NFL...I'm a big fan and most of my time spent on this forum is about the NFL. But if I'm being totally honest...now...if it's not a Falcon or Steeler game...the teams need to be good and a good close game to hold my interest for 4 qtrs, especially the primetime games.

Whereas 4-5 years ago...I'd be up watching whomever.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL...I'm a big fan and most of my time spent on this forum is about the NFL. But if I'm being totally honest...now...if it's not a Falcon or Steeler game...the teams need to be good and a good close game to hold my interest for 4 qtrs, especially the primetime games.

Whereas 4-5 years ago...I'd be up watching whomever.

I more or less watch whomever..... Because I get all the games.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add baseball.

And I don't do hockey much if at all anymore.

Soccer and rugby have been added to my view list over the years.

MLB...that was the very 1st big league sport I ever saw in person...back in the early 80s, my 1st stint in living in ATL...the Braves were so terrible there would be 5-6,000 people on a weekday game...on my way home from work, I bought ticket in the cheap seats (like $4-5) and walked right down to the 3rd base line...and lo and behold...I see Ted Turner and his side kick wife Jane Fonda. I did that quite a few times that season. Ted and Jane were regulars back then, same seats. Then the second stint in ATL...mid 90s, now I'm married with kids and we went to a handful of Braves games. The year they cancelled the WS over money...I have not bought a ticket to a MLB game since then.

I'm slowing getting more into soccer beyond the US Womens team during the Olympics..lol.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MLB...that was the very 1st big league sport I ever saw in person...back in the early 80s, my 1st stint in living in ATL...the Braves were so terrible there would be 5-6,000 people on a weekday game...on my way home from work, I bought ticket in the cheap seats (like $4-5) and walked right down to the 3rd base line...and lo and behold...I see Ted Turner and his side kick wife Jane Fonda. I did that quite a few times that season. Ted and Jane were regulars back then, same seats. Then the second stint in ATL...mid 90s, now I'm married with kids and we went to a handful of Braves games. The year they cancelled the WS over money...I have not bought a ticket to a MLB game since then.

I'm slowing getting more into soccer beyond the US Womens team during the Olympics..lol.

I've seen one MLB game live, 1972 in Montreal. Expos vs the Pirates. Stargell, Clemente, Oliver.

I sleep fairly well so I don't need assistance...

I love the major soccer events, not the Limpics. WC, Euro, etc. I watch every game. Ditto for WC Rugby. Good for about a month each when they get rolling.