• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GOAT QB

Who is the GOAT?

• Total voters

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And in Brees' 10 years with the Saints, he's only been under 600 pass attempts 2 of them. They are the most one dimensional team in the league over that time and it isn't even debatable. They've asked Brees to be the offense, and he has racked up more yards than anybody during that time. And let's not forget being over 70% completion for 2 years. 66.4 for his career. Absolutely ridiculous and incredible considering how much he had to pass the ball.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another point where we're on opposite ends. Aikman or Brees? Your answer? "lol no question I'm taking Aikman." My answer? lol no question I'm taking Brees. I find it interesting how far opinions can differ. Did we hear one word about Brees at all this year? Nope. His stat line? 68.3%, 4,870 yards, 32 TDs, 11 INTs. 101 QB rating. Truly elite numbers that very few QB's can produce. And not a single word about him being a top QB. Strange I think. I believe he's one of the forgotten gems of this generation that never gets talked about because of Peyton and Brady. And now the newer generation of QB's get more talk than he does. I find it sad.

Actually I see a lot of Brees. Great talent...oh, he's still puts up good numbers, but the reason you're not hearing much about him recently...too many Ls.

Brees' outstanding production is a by-product of the system and the era in which he's played. I think if you put Aikman in that OFC you'd see similar results.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brees' outstanding production is a by-product of the system and the era in which he's played. I think if you put Aikman in that OFC you'd see similar results.

3 straight 5100 yard seasons? In a one dimensional system where you HAVE to make plays? I don't understand. That's never going to happen again. That's an absolutely unbelievable accomplishment. I didn't even know it until I was just looking at his stats for his career. Probably the most underrated QB in the history of the league.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I just looked it up. Brees is also the all time leader in completion percentage. With all those attempts? How is that even possible? :gaah:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 straight 5100 yard seasons? In a one dimensional system where you HAVE to make plays? I don't understand. That's never going to happen again. That's an absolutely unbelievable accomplishment. I didn't even know it until I was just looking at his stats for his career. Probably the most underrated QB in the history of the league.

If you're fan of stats (admittedly they don't carry much weight with me) Brees could go down as the best passer of his time if he hangs in there.

He's the Marino and Fouts of this era...with a ring. I like Brees, he's a special player, but I'm still taking Aikman over him if I had to put a team together.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I just looked it up. Brees is also the all time leader in completion percentage. With all those attempts? How is that even possible? :gaah:

I like Brees a lot but keep in mind he plays at least 8 games a season in a dome. You usually see the Staffords, Ryans etc with close to 5k in yards. He also set the record with most consecutive games with a TD pass with 54 ( Unitas was 47) and Brady went 52

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Brees a lot but keep in mind he plays at least 8 games a season in a dome. You usually see the Staffords, Ryans etc with close to 5k in yards. He also set the record with most consecutive games with a TD pass with 54 ( Unitas was 47) and Brady went 52

Peyton played in a dome too. I think that's a pretty weak argument. Yeah, putting up big numbers in cold weather is more impressive, I agree, but that argument is a bit overblown and ridiculous. Come on man.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He plays at least 9 games in a dome (1 in Atlanta) and their other two guaranteed road games are in Carolina and Tampa (oh the horror).

I agree and it's one of the many reasons I don't put too much stock into stats.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peyton played in a dome too. I think that's a pretty weak argument. Yeah, putting up big numbers in cold weather is more impressive, I agree, but that argument is a bit overblown and ridiculous. Come on man.

Like I said not taking anything from him, but a environment controlled field, with no wind, rain, snow etc is a good advantage. Like I said Brees is one of my favorite QB's

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said not taking anything from him, but a environment controlled field, with no wind, rain, snow etc is a good advantage. Like I said Brees is one of my favorite QB's

I'm one of the people that thinks every team should have a dome and turf. It just makes sense.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does Aikman get on that list? I know he's got some rings, but his stats are not impressive at all. Matt Hasselbeck literally has as good or better career numbers than Aikman and doubt anyone thinks Hass is anywhere near the GOAT conversation. Think of it this way, if Dilfer's Baltimore team would have carried him to 2 more championships would he be in this conversation just because of rings? I actually like Aikman but there is no way in hell he should be mentioned on that list.
Aikman has 3 rings. Enough said.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm one of the people that thinks every team should have a dome and turf. It just makes sense.

It does make sense...except it's for all the wrong reasons.

That would be so freakin' depressing.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does make sense...except it's for all the wrong reasons.

That would be so freakin' depressing.

I understand it would take away from the spectacle. There's nothing like watching a snow game, or watching teams fight it out in a rain storm, but it just isn't good for what the NFL wants. Points. Lots of points and excitement.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand it would take away from the spectacle. There's nothing like watching a snow game, or watching teams fight it out in a rain storm, but it just isn't good for what the NFL wants. Points. Lots of points and excitement.

Arena football has lots of points. I get what you are saying, but I don't think it would ever come to that.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arena football has lots of points. I get what you are saying, but I don't think it would ever come to that.

With the way the NFL is going with all of these new stadiums with the retractile domes, it's possible. And it's just the best way to see which team is really better IMO. But I do understand both of the arguments. One thing we know is there will always be weather games in college football. Just too many teams to force them all to build a dome. Half of them don't have the budget for that.