• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Go Sens GO! Beat those stinky Penguins!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the beauty of 5 on 3. The goalie is the only one to stop that pass unless you want to leave two if not three shooters wide open for one timers from about 20 feet out from goal. If a defender goes down to block it, then he leaves his man in the low slot wide open for the one timer as well. It's a no win situation.

I've always been of the mind that the most dangerous scorer is the man closest to the net, and the most dangerous scorer is the one who needs to be covered. Fleury should be able to stop those perimeter shots, but a shot from right there, no chance. I'd rather let them shoot from the perimeter all day and keep them from making plays like that in front of the net. But I suppose that's a matter of personal preference.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5-on-3. Curses.
th_HamsterCurses.gif

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always been of the mind that the most dangerous scorer is the man closest to the net, and the most dangerous scorer is the one who needs to be covered. Fleury should be able to stop those perimeter shots, but a shot from right there, no chance. I'd rather let them shoot from the perimeter all day and keep them from making plays like that in front of the net. But I suppose that's a matter of personal preference.

In a normal one man penalty kill, it depends on the attacking players - if they have guys like Chara on the point that unload bombs, I'd play a tight point formation to take away those shots and one timers. If they have snipers like Stamkos on the half wall, then play a diamond formation and let them try to beat you down low. I guess I'm just a fan of diamond penalty kills. When you're down two skaters, it's just hope you block the shots and so does your goalie.

Urkie

The MVP...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What a bad break. Alfie was about to make the game 4-3 and the glass gets taken out.

Just the Sens luck I guess.

miamiforlife81

It's All About The U!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
whats up dude? you never moved over with the CFB guys. then again, I hadnt seen on disneys cfb board for while. actually, last time I saw you was when we did a golf board raid a disney.

Caneman! What's up bro. Yeah I have mostly been on the four letter ever since canestalk was taken down (what happened there anyway?) then i was on VLE for a bit with MIAMIDOMINATION. I lost track of where the best Canes board was lol. You guys all on here?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a normal one man penalty kill, it depends on the attacking players - if they have guys like Chara on the point that unload bombs, I'd play a tight point formation to take away those shots and one timers. If they have snipers like Stamkos on the half wall, then play a diamond formation and let them try to beat you down low. I guess I'm just a fan of diamond penalty kills. When you're down two skaters, it's just hope you block the shots and so does your goalie.

I advocate the diamond against the umbrella and the box against anything without a center point in the 5-on-4 PK, and whichever should be agressive. In a 5-on-3, I prefer covering inside out, regardless of shooters. Even a big shooter like Chara or Weber can be stopped if you keep the goalie's vision unobstructed. Those guys right next to the net, though, are dangerous all the time, and can cause the vision obstruction. I guess that's just because that's how I always played it when I was 1-on-5 PKing for my club hockey team's powerplay practice. And I usually won.

EDIT: Like I said before, I think it's really just a matter of personal preference. Your chances aren't good either way on a 5-on-3 PK. I'd say each of our systems would be about equally effective, depending on situation.

Last edited by a moderator:

loki604

Don't Blame the Refs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If Talbot played as many minutes as Sid, he would be running away with the points lead in the playoffs.

Superstar treatment...yeeeeeah.

Anyone who doubted Talbot during the regular season can promptly set themselves on fire.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And there it is...
Mad Dog just suggested they go ahead and give the Conn Smythe to Crosby.

Not that he hasn't been spectacular, but c'mon now.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And there it is...
Mad Dog just suggested they go ahead and give the Conn Smythe to Crosby.

Not that he hasn't been spectacular, but c'mon now.
we don't wanna hear about it, that's why we're here :)

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caneman! What's up bro. Yeah I have mostly been on the four letter ever since canestalk was taken down (what happened there anyway?) then i was on VLE for a bit with MIAMIDOMINATION. I lost track of where the best Canes board was lol. You guys all on here?

canestalk lost all moderation, then started getting spammed with pr0n, then the owner sold the site. a lot followed MD. If I was on my game I would have drug them here first. he came up with the idea of an invite only canes board, and people jumped at the chance to get away from the spam and trolls.