• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Go Gettem Chip!!!

Macho Grande

Would Sacrifice You In An Emergency
The Magumba Bar in Drambuie, off the Barbary Coast
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,889.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way we are going to be able to meet the price.

Why not? Is there a rule I don't know about that sets a certain limit on the number of assets a team can trade away for a draft pick?

Underestimate Chip if you want, but I won't be betting against him.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With what draft pick?? We'll get a TE in 2019 when we have a draft pick again.
So far no word of Chip trying to move any picks other than #20... Wants to move Bradford in deal and Kendricks and perhaps Ertz was the latest rumor I heard.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd include Ertz in a heartbeat. Chip has plenty of speedy weapons for his O.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not necessarily. Any verbal agreement would no doubt be contingent on whether Mariota is still on the board when it's the Titans' turn to pick. Would be pretty dumb to trade up to #2 for Mariota only to watch Tampa pick him #1.

That would be awesome! We could only hope to be that lucky. Winston can really sling it.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not? Is there a rule I don't know about that sets a certain limit on the number of assets a team can trade away for a draft pick?

Well there is not a rule per se, but usually there is a brain and all of its cognitive power that applies some limit to it. Chip's pretty young to have dementia set in already.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Ertz, but if the idea is to keep Cox over Ertz, I get that.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Ertz, but if the idea is to keep Cox over Ertz, I get that.

Yeah you kind of want to keep the best player on the team. Novel idea I know...

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was thinking logically when I said we could not meet that price. History has shown that teams that give up a lot to move up in the draft top 5 in particular seem to suffer a great deal. It never works. I would love to see an instance where the team that gave up a lot was successful.

There has to be a line in the sand. You can't make your team bad just to get one player. Doing so means your intention is to rebuild. CK has not given any hint that is what he is trying to do. What good would you be if you give up a lot to draft a QB if you leave your defense full of Mike Mamula's and Nate Allens?

Macho Grande

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,889.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well there is not a rule per se, but usually there is a brain and all of its cognitive power that applies some limit to it. Chip's pretty young to have dementia set in already.

If you were a coach/gm who truly believed that a certain qb on the board was good for "multiple Super Bowls" (Chip's words), how much would be too much? I'm guessing you'd be willing to offer more than anyone else.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you were a coach/gm who truly believed that a certain qb on the board was good for "multiple Super Bowls" (Chip's words), how much would be too much? I'm guessing you'd be willing to offer more than anyone else.

Really don't care how many super bowls Chip Kelly dreams about Mariota winning. Here in reality we will be no better than average if you get rid of all the talent and send Mariota out there to get crushed by a MLB he didn't see.

Mariota could get hit by a bus on Friday. You don't tie everything to one guy. Every business knows that.

And that's why I still have some hope here. I love the draft and I am praying Chip doesn't ruin it.:pray:

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A lot of teams have though that about QB's. Even the ones that already had the pick and did not have to trade up. A first round QB is more than likely going to be a bust instead of a star.

Macho Grande

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,889.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really don't care how many super bowls Chip Kelly dreams about Mariota winning. Here in reality we will be no better than average if you get rid of all the talent and send Mariota out there to get crushed by a MLB he didn't see.

Mariota could get hit by a bus on Friday. You don't tie everything to one guy. Every business knows that.

And that's why I still have some hope here. I love the draft and I am praying Chip doesn't ruin it.:pray:

A lot of teams have though that about QB's. Even the ones that already had the pick and did not have to trade up. A first round QB is more than likely going to be a bust instead of a star.

You both really dodged the hell out of that question didn't you.
smiley-laughing009.gif

You'll be hard pressed to find any coach or gm who doesn't believe that if you think you've found your franchise qb, you do whatever it takes to get him. Period. And it's just my opinion, but I believe Chip thinks he can get more out of less with his offense, as long as he has the right qb running it. So losing a couple of studs and a few draft picks won't hurt them as much as it would other teams to give up that much.

Look, I'm not saying that's what he should do. Just that counting out a big move to get a guy he says can win multiple super bowls seems a bit...hasty. You're still thinking in traditional terms of how coaches and gm's have done things in the past. You might as well toss those thoughts out as long as Chip Kelly is the coach. If I'm certain of one thing with Chip, doesn't do things the traditional way. And he definitely has the ego to swing for the fences.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PG, look at this picture closely. Study it. Chip Kelly does not think the way you do. If he really thinks Mariota is going to be a stud, he is not going to be measured in his approach to getting this guy.

LN9ZAzQS_400x400.jpeg

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just one more day fellas

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please get here Thursday. The drama is killing me. Either way whatever happens I'll be good. I'll be supportive what Chip does. He's a hell of a lot more knowledgable than I am. If we get Mariotta then great. If we don't, that's good with me as well. Come on Thursday. Let the fireworks begin!

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Chip Kelly is any good at all at his job, then he shouldn't need one particular guy.