• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

gnats pregame

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Brown had them beat

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rookies getting their asses handed to them, that happens. Bosa is a top tier pass rushing stud who after being injured most of last season. Was probably turned up to 11 yesterday. Kinda surprised to see St Juste listed at 6'3" 200 pounds he didn't look that big to me. Mike Williams on the other hand is every bit of of 6'4" 218 pounds. With little to no pressure on Herbert it turned into a long day for our CBs especially St Juste it seems. What's important now hopefully Cosmi and St Juste learn from yesterday and it makes them better players. And Del Rio could stand to learn a thing or two as well. I know they say Herbert is deadly against pressure/the blitz etc. But he was pretty damn deadly being able to stand tall and deliver the rock w/o any pressure to.

The Fitz thing is disturbing though. The only taking one deep shot was disturbing. The highest paid OG for a single season and the franchise player of the team having a penalty at a very inopportune time was disturbing. The coaching and play calling was meh.

As for there might be better players on the bench thing. That's something to think about when you consider if Collins doesn't get hurt last year does Curl really get a chance to show what he can do. I don't know.
I am not saying I am right ... just a thought. I expect rookies to play like rookies. Food for thought though ... at least for me.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BSJ lost

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice block by Gibby, but pretty impressive on Bosa's part as well. His knee barely touches the ground if at all and he's back up PDQ in get the QB mode.

That's a non-stop motor paired with some agility right there.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is an outstanding throw. Velocity and touch at the same time. I guess St. Juste could've started out deeper or not taken that forward, but he played it pretty well. Curl played it great, but damn that throw......nice.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not saying I am right ... just a thought. I expect rookies to play like rookies. Food for thought though ... at least for me.
I'm not saying you're wrong. I just see the issue now as both rookies learning from it and adjusting accordingly. But the reason I bought up Curl and Collins from last year is that you may be right. I know we as fans hope that coaches play the best player available at whatever position, but we've all seen enough situations to know that's not always the case.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By that 'we gave them' rationale the Chargers give the Skins 10-14 points with Herbert's fumble out the end zone (bad call) and his red zone INT making both teams even again or putting the Chargers 4 points in the hole.

No, the Skins don't if you're talking percentage-wise. As percentage-wise the Chargers were already 11/14 or 78.5% on 3rd dn conv up to the 3rd n 16. And as soon as the Chargers gained 17 yards on that 3rd n 16 RR's decision to not go for it on 4th dn looked "hmmm.". On the Chargers next 3rd dn, a 3rd n 3, the Chargers gained 19 yards and the RR decision to not go for it on 4th dn looked extremely suspect. On the Chargers next 3rd dn, a 3rd n 7 the Chargers gained 20 yards and took the clock down to the 2 minute warning. RR's decision to not go for it on 4th dn now looks pretty shitty. By the time the Chargers next 3rd dn, a 3rd n 4 came around. The Skin had burned 2 of their 3 time outs. When the Chargers gained 7 yards on 3rd n 4 and the Skins burned their last time out making it official. RR not going for it on 4th dn was a bad call and the wrong move, period.

My evidence that RR's decision not to go for on 4th dn was a bad call is the Skins offense never saw the ball again. Because the Chargers used up all 6 min and 43 seconds of the clock converting 4 of the 5 3rd dn they faced, going 14/19 or 73.8% for the game . P:retty much like they had been doing the entire game.

So what's your evidence that RR not going for it on 4th dn was the right call?

3rd and 16, plain and simple. If you are going to justify that giving up a 3rd and 16th was in the Chargers favor then this conversation ends right now. RR made the right call. The players didn't produce. Fumbling inside the 5 yard line rarely happens. We beat ourselves plain and simple. If you want to blame coaching blame Del Rio and his vanilla defenses.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3rd and 16, plain and simple. If you are going to justify that giving up a 3rd and 16th was in the Chargers favor then this conversation ends right now. RR made the right call. The players didn't produce. Fumbling inside the 5 yard line rarely happens. We beat ourselves plain and simple. If you want to blame coaching blame Del Rio and his vanilla defenses.
I'm not justifying anything. You are, or are trying to by using the ol' 99 out of 100 times mindset. Unfortunately we saw the 100th time. And no matter what the probability or odds say of the Chargersa making a 3rd n 16. Once they made it that bought RR's decision not to go for it on 4th dn into question. That the Skins offense never saw the ball again for the rest of the game. That made RR's decision not to go for it on 4th the wrong one. RR had no faith in the offense and instead put his faith in the defense. The defense let him down and no matter how you slice it. It comes back to RR's decision to not go for it and instead kick the ball back to the Chargers and a QB that was red hot and the Skins were getting no pressure on. I do blame Del Rio. I also blame Turner. Who's the boss of both Turner and Del Rio? That's right its RR and by that extension that makes him responsible as well. Simple.

You keep talking about 3rd n 16, but you didn't know the Chargers would end up in a 3rd n 16. If you had though the way you're talking you'd of bet money that they wouldn't get it. You would've lost your money and that would be your fault. RR bet on the defense and he lost. His fault.

When Taylor ran the ball on the Skins 3rd n 16 I was sure that meant they were going for it on 4th dn. I was hoping they would because I feared if they didn't at the very least the Chargers would run out the clock. At the very worst I was afraid they would score and put the game out of reach. Either scenario would mean a sure loss. I'll admit though, when the Chargers were facing 3rd n 16 I thought, Hmm, maybe RR did make the right move." When the Chargers gained those 17 yards I thought maybe RR didn't make the right move. By the game the rest of the game played out that question was answered. It was the wrong move.

More silly rationazation on your part about the Gibson fumble. The Chargers fumbled inside the 10 yd ln and threw an INT from the 20 yard ln. That makes 2 redzone turnovers for them to one for us. how come the Chargers didn't beat themselves? They ahd twice as many red zone turn overs as the Skins? The Chargers won the game because they were better than Skins Sunday. They coached better and they played better. When that happens the team that does those things better usually wins.