• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

gnats pregame

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, now you're getting it. The end result is the proof of RR's wrong decision. You're the one not taking things into account. All you're accounting for is 3rd n 16. Should a defense be abl;e to stop an offense from gaining 16 yards on 3rd down. Yes, they should, that said, its not a 100% sure thing that a defense will stop that offense. If you say that was a key moment in the game, I'd agree with you. But even if the Skins had forced a 4th dn and the Chargers punted. That's no guarantee that the Skins score a TD on their next possession. It would've made RR's decision to punt look a lot better though. As I told though, I ddn't think the Skins would get the ball back, at least not with enough time to score a TD if they punted the ball. To me, even if the odds say the Skins should've punted, I think their best opportunity to score was to go for it on 4th dn.

You don't know if the game is over if the Skins didn't get a first dn on 4th dn. All that really would've meant was 22 yards. If the Skins didn't gain a yard on 4th down. Instead of the Chargers getting the ball at the 18 yd ln. They get the ball at the 40 yd ln . The time left in the game would've been basically the same, 6 min and 40 seconds give or take a few seconds. The Skins would've still had all their time outs Maybe the Chargers would'v e tried getting cute and fucked up. Maybe they play not to lose like the Skins did and don't get a 1st dn. That's kinda the thing as well. I can''t say outright the Skins played not to lose cuz up to that point they were already losing I will say outright that they didn't play to win. Or RR didn't play call to win by punting on 4th dn. That's just my opinion of course. far as any player telling me its crazy about the 3rd n 16. You think Heiney would say, sure we should've punted on 4th dn instead of trying to get the 1st. You think Terry Mac would say that or Gibson or any other offensive player? I bet if you ask an offensive player on the Skins would they have liked the opportunity to get the 1st dn on 4th n 7. They would be sure not to outright say RR made the wrong call, but I bet dollars to donuts the end of their answer would be something like this, yeah, I would've liked the chance to get the 1st dn on 4th n 7

A fun little read. Below is pretty much an accurate description of where the Skins were at far as field position and some of the possible scenarios depending on what they did

As the yards-to-go increases, the low risk of succeeding on fourth down makes punting or kicking a field goal a wiser option for most places on the field, except in that nether region where you’re barely out of field-goal range but too close to punt. There, the risk of missing a field goal is too high, and the field position advantage you gain by punting is not as positive, especially if you punt in the end zone.

On fourth-and-7, go for it between your opponent’s 44 and your opponent’s 36.

2 charts, the first showing what NYT bot would do and the 2nd showing what coaches usually do in multiple 4th dn n various distances situations.

Does that chart factor in time remaining in the game? Or Timeouts left? That is the whole point.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few interesting trends for tonight's game:

As a favorite Washington is just 2-4 in the last two years.
G-Men have won 5 in a row against Washington.
G-Men have gone 4-0-1 against the point spread in their last 5 games against Washington.
G-Men were 6-1 as a road underdog in 2020.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few interesting trends for tonight's game:

As a favorite Washington is just 2-4 in the last two years.
G-Men have won 5 in a row against Washington.
G-Men have gone 4-0-1 against the point spread in their last 5 games against Washington.
G-Men were 6-1 as a road underdog in 2020.
all point to more of the same vs the giants

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all point to more of the same vs the giants

I don't make the news, I just report it and I don't like these trends either. Let's hope we can break some of these trends tonight.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does that chart factor in time remaining in the game? Or Timeouts left? That is the whole point.
I thought the point was to win the game? Or at least play in such a way to increase your chances of winning the game.

I don't think RR did that with the decision he made concerning 4th dn.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to win like this

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the point was to win the game? Or at least play in such a way to increase your chances of winning the game.

I don't think RR did that with the decision he made concerning 4th dn.

Covering on 4th 7 wouldn't have won the game. Not converting gave us a better shot to lose the game vs punting. I trust a 2 time coach of the year over you any day. It was the right call.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Covering on 4th 7 wouldn't have won the game. Not converting gave us a better shot to lose the game vs punting. I trust a 2 time coach of the year over you any day. It was the right call.
As you should, yet the results of the game and how those results fell into place plainly and clearly say it was the wrong call. Your argument isn't with me, It's with the 20-16 final score and the Skins offense never seeing the ball in the final 6 min n 43 sec. after they punted.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As you should, yet the results of the game and how those results fell into place plainly and clearly say it was the wrong call. Your argument isn't with me, It's with the 20-16 final score and the Skins offense never seeing the ball in the final 6 min n 43 sec. after they punted.

You are playing Monday morning QB. That is all you ae doing.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are playing Monday morning QB. That is all you ae doin
I didn't like the decision from jump street. Far as Monday morning QBing, what's your point? We (fans) all do it including you.. Especially when we know a player made a bad play or..................a coach makes a bad call like RR did.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably an ugly NFC East game 16-13. I hope the WTF have 16.