• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GM 1 Overreaction review

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don't even have the decency to wait for the game to be finished lol...

Not gonna lie, I like you all, had hope that maybe the offense will surprise us but the offense is who i thought they will be, useless.... all nice pieces for a star but we have no star....

Maybe around december we'll see a turnaround til the chemistry and clicking gets going but I can see this being a theme through the season... our shootout woes continues...

PDB needs to change a lot of the lineups... Elias needs to go to the 2nd line, him being matched by the opposing #1 is NO GOOD... I would think of a Zubs-Elias-Jagr combo.... move Henrique with Zajac n Brunner and put Clowe, Loki n Ryder together.... but who knows if any of that work...

Zids being a fail proves again and harold shows why its pointless to keep him over Urbom or Gelinas...

Larsson, terrible start again...

GRRRRRR:doh:

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was not a fan of the line combos at all from what I saw. I agree with a line of Henrique-Zajac-Brunner. Play the talent with talent. A lot of passes that didn't connect, guys both going for the same player or both chasing the puck and not knowing who should take it. Like I said in the game thread, hopefully the chemistry improves sooner than later.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I saw a lot of two guys in the same area type moments....

Jagr also plays wild cause I tell you, he was actively roaming the ice... like not staying in a set area, whether thats good or bad i can't tell yet...

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I mentioned it in the other thread but I was discouraged by the long passes. The Pens would do these long passes from deep in their zone to fowards that rushed forward. It led to a lot of icings but also led to some scoring chances for them. It also cancelled the Devils' forecheck because they get rid of the puck before the forecheck worked.

Typically this is fine because the icings should lead to scoring chances but the Devs were so bad at faceoffs it never actually happened.

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be a long year with this team as long as it remains status quo

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fucking Kovy lol..... AHHHHHHHH

Zids n Harold SUCKS!!!!

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zids sucked for a good part of his Devils tenure IMO.... :doh:

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Zid is Zid. Can't play defense but somehow gets into decent offensive situations.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zid is Zid. Can't play defense but somehow gets into decent offensive situations.

His "decent" offensive situations isn't enough to overshadow his weak excuse of a defense... IMO...

he blanked on a real quality chance... I don't know why he thought pass there.... :noidea:

Just to add, every dman makes a mistake no question, but Zids has shown me that he doesn't have the speed nor strength to correct or try to rectify his mistakes....

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
There really were no positives to take away from that game. Cory didn't look great he gave up 2 weak goals and the one chance he has to make a huge save on Sid he chokes. Not a good start esp after being so good in the preseason.

The defense was brutal I really am starting to think it might be Stevens. Larrson looked like it was his first NHL game really not impressed with him so far in his career.

Just the same devils as last year. That 3rd goal if it was the other way around two things would've happened. the devil with the puck would've waited too long and the d man would've got over ans blocked the shot or they wouldve missed the net trying to pick a corner. How many "shots" is the d going to get blocked? I swear if Salvador had any type of offensive skill he would put up serious points. He always seems to have the puck and a shot everytime he's on the ice.

Everyone will say its the first game and chemistry and blah blah I don't buy it got some reason it looked like a team that hadn't played with one another ever. Yeah there are some new faces but I see a lot of old problems. The "core" not stepping up.

Also seeing henrique on that penalty shot we have to avoid shootouts at all costs. Why is it so hard to lift the puck?

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Teams with new coaches and teams with a large change of players always do terrible out the start. Hell, Jagr and Elias barely even played in the preseason and missed a lot of practices.

Its not like a loss to Pittsburgh is that bad. They're expected to be the top team in the division.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the end of the world by any means. If we look like this in December I'll be calling for people's heads (aside from Zids and Harrold).

DevFan60

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mindset should be - to beat any opponent, including Pittsburgh. We will see about chemistry when that at least start scoring. Stevens should work more with Larsson. Guy has big potentials but still needs some guidance.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Its game one. No need to run around and jump out of windows yet.

Poor start, played a bit better after the first, but lets remember something. Pitt is probably the best team in the conference and league, and they were at home.

If I was forced to bet a lot of money on this game, I would have picked the Pens as well.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I am going into the season not expecting too much. There are too many question marks. I rather be surprised. Part of me is excited to see some younger players, Brunner, Ryder, etc. Cory will be fine as well.
Only thing I ask is for PDB to start playing more youth.
He seems to be in love with a few borderline players that I feel are blocking the younger guys from taking the next step. We will know in the next dozen or so games what kind of team this is.

If its a 8,9, or 10 seed team? probably the worst that can happen because they will not sell at the deadline and won't have a 1st round pick. I rather them finish dead last then number 9 and miss the playoffs.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There really were no positives to take away from that game. Cory didn't look great he gave up 2 weak goals and the one chance he has to make a huge save on Sid he chokes. Not a good start esp after being so good in the preseason.

The defense was brutal I really am starting to think it might be Stevens. Larrson looked like it was his first NHL game really not impressed with him so far in his career.

Just the same devils as last year. That 3rd goal if it was the other way around two things would've happened. the devil with the puck would've waited too long and the d man would've got over ans blocked the shot or they wouldve missed the net trying to pick a corner. How many "shots" is the d going to get blocked? I swear if Salvador had any type of offensive skill he would put up serious points. He always seems to have the puck and a shot everytime he's on the ice.

Everyone will say its the first game and chemistry and blah blah I don't buy it got some reason it looked like a team that hadn't played with one another ever. Yeah there are some new faces but I see a lot of old problems. The "core" not stepping up.

Also seeing henrique on that penalty shot we have to avoid shootouts at all costs. Why is it so hard to lift the puck?

Because he had it too far out in front

BTW the sky is falling

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
About half the league lost their first game.

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I know whats wrong with Stevens!

He should be able to turn Adam Larsson into the next Larry Robinson in a week. It's taken him 3 whole weeks already working with him (and 10 other Dmen) and Larsson isn't Robinson yet!