• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears @ NY (Jersey) Giants

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh.....

Okay.

All evidence to the contrary.

Yeah. To play guard. Which he's been doing.

For someone that doesn't lick balls you sure don't mind me slapping you with mine.

It's news that readily available on twitter, radio, and online. I don't actually have to work to even find it. It's common knowledge for anyone that doesn't have their head up their ass. But you also said you knew he was hurt....which means you saw the news? The news that I'm stalking for?

You're a special kinda stupid, that you definitely are kiddo.

He has sucked through all 4 games. Outside of the 2nd half of the 49ers game he's been trash.

You want to believe it's ALL him.

I know it's not.

And that's the difference.
Dumb And Dumber Kool GIF

He sucks and it's everyone else's fault. Got it.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What he has personally done wrong is his fault. But he’s far from the only one that sucks. And not every bad play he’s a part of is ALL him.

Well except Kmet. We don’t know what Kmet can do. He needs more time.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fields was sacked 6 times yesterday.....6 effin times and ran the ball 7 times.......and Im betting 5 was because of the pressure.......2 were probably called.....
A scrambling qb gets sacked 6 times,its more line than him........
7 pressures came right up the gut over Mustipher. Patrick has 2 weeks since his cast was removed, I thought he was moving to center last week, maybe that is what thru Mustipher off his game, but watching that bootleg the first half, the Giants will continue to run what beats you until you make an adjustment. Too many times both the back and Mustipher blocked the same guy and let one free.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
point taken, 2 fucking percent is a trigger. Duly noted.

You were the one that offered up the correction though.....So 2 percent clearly triggered you.

You ever just stop and read your own posts and realize how fucking dumb you are?

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought he was moving to center last week, maybe that is what thru Mustipher off his game,

You think that Mustipher was thrown off by Patrick possibly playing center?

Patrick was signed to be the center. He practices snapping the football every week at Halas Hall and has been seen doing it before games.

So explain why Mustipher has been mostly dogshit since stepping on an NFL field.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After a day or so to accept and move on after this "back to reality" loss, there's just a lot of things wrong with this team right now and I'm doubtful it can be corrected in one offseason coming up. There's just so many holes.

In no particular order:

1. We need a center. Mustipher is not good enough. It doesn't have to be an all-pro HOF'er to replace, but a vet center that knows what the hell he is doing. FA signing imo.

2. We need a bona fide #1 receiver. I don't know who's available as FA next offseason. But it should be a star quality wide receiver. Period. This is critical because we are not giving Justin Fields a chance to prove/disprove himself properly. Everyone has an opinion on Fields and/or how our offense is failing...but it's a combination of things and we need to have enough talent out there to make fair determinations. Because of this, I would place center (aforementioned) and WR1 as the two biggest needs this offseason. We have a lot of must do's coming up with the roster, but t
these two are absolute MUSTS for 2023/2024. Both FA signings.

2. I'm still "jury is out" on Borom and Braxton Jones. Could be an area of need, but since we have SO MANY damn needs we'll just have to see where it goes with tackles. Maybe a draft pick at tackle, but it would be nice if we could catch a break here and these two play serviceably and we can focus elsewhere (assuming we get a legit center).

4. Defense: We need a replacement for Roquan, an interior defensive lineman and a legit pass rusher opposite Quinn bare minimum (hell, maybe even one to replace Quinn if he starts to fall off...Age...sigh...We'll see). That's just the tip of the iceberg here though, which means we'll both have to draft for front 7 and make a signing or two in FA. It's been maddening watching our front 7 get demolished in the run game. Gotta be honest, not having our LB's make plays consistently is just something I'll never be used to as a Bears fan. The one area where we are usually spoiled, can't even catch a break there this year.

5. I'm not sure about Kyler Gordon (although I'm not at richi level after that thread of his). He has been playing poorly out there, but since everyone is targeting him, it's going to be a trial by fire every week. If he doesn't start improving/figuring it out, we should draft a kid to compete with him this upcoming draft.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a pretty objective rundown as to the overall poor play against the Giants:

Won't go quite so far as to say this was 100% spot on, but generally I agree with the writer's takes.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After a day or so to accept and move on after this "back to reality" loss, there's just a lot of things wrong with this team right now and I'm doubtful it can be corrected in one offseason coming up. There's just so many holes.

In no particular order:

1. We need a center. Mustipher is not good enough. It doesn't have to be an all-pro HOF'er to replace, but a vet center that knows what the hell he is doing. FA signing imo.

2. We need a bona fide #1 receiver. I don't know who's available as FA next offseason. But it should be a star quality wide receiver. Period. This is critical because we are not giving Justin Fields a chance to prove/disprove himself properly. Everyone has an opinion on Fields and/or how our offense is failing...but it's a combination of things and we need to have enough talent out there to make fair determinations. Because of this, I would place center (aforementioned) and WR1 as the two biggest needs this offseason. We have a lot of must do's coming up with the roster, but t
these two are absolute MUSTS for 2023/2024. Both FA signings.

2. I'm still "jury is out" on Borom and Braxton Jones. Could be an area of need, but since we have SO MANY damn needs we'll just have to see where it goes with tackles. Maybe a draft pick at tackle, but it would be nice if we could catch a break here and these two play serviceably and we can focus elsewhere (assuming we get a legit center).

4. Defense: We need a replacement for Roquan, an interior defensive lineman and a legit pass rusher opposite Quinn bare minimum (hell, maybe even one to replace Quinn if he starts to fall off...Age...sigh...We'll see). That's just the tip of the iceberg here though, which means we'll both have to draft for front 7 and make a signing or two in FA. It's been maddening watching our front 7 get demolished in the run game. Gotta be honest, not having our LB's make plays consistently is just something I'll never be used to as a Bears fan. The one area where we are usually spoiled, can't even catch a break there this year.

5. I'm not sure about Kyler Gordon (although I'm not at richi level after that thread of his). He has been playing poorly out there, but since everyone is targeting him, it's going to be a trial by fire every week. If he doesn't start improving/figuring it out, we should draft a kid to compete with him this upcoming draft.
That and they put him at the Nickel, which is a more complicated position imo.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 310397

But it's all him. No one else.
So we're celebrating an NFL QB doing good with a perfect pocket?

If only we could have a perfect pocket every play. :rolleyes2:

We all know the o-line isn't the best in the league. With that said, these metrics given are not perfect. I saw at least 6 plays, where the pocket would've been just fine, had Fields shuffled a foot or two one way, but instead bailed. Where do those plays align in these metrics?

And I continue to see a plethora of plays each week, wherein he is LATE to deliver. The difference between pressured and not is less than a half of a second. He either does not trust his receivers(very plausible) or he is gun shy. Either way, it is hurting the team. Added to the late trigger, is a ball that seems to take for-fucking-ever to get there. Lot's of "guided" balls, instead of ripped. It's a visible lack of confidence. Maybe it's due to lack of talent around him, but a QB's best friend is a good run game, and the Bears seem to be a very good running team so far. It seems we should be able to mold a successful enough passing game off of that.

So far, that has been far from the case.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were the one that offered up the correction though.....So 2 percent clearly triggered you.

You ever just stop and read your own posts and realize how fucking dumb you are?
I cannot understand my writing......

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we're celebrating an NFL QB doing good with a perfect pocket?

What the numbers show is that when the offense is working......meaning the other guys on the field do their jobs....that Fields will play well.

Does he need to also be the type of QB that plays well against the blitz and makes his teammates around him better? Yes, absolutely. But that's a lot to ask out of a guy that still hasn't started a full season worth of games in his very young career.

Fields does need to learn when to actually run and bail and when to just do the slide of his feet to the left or right. He had at least 4 plays Sunday where a slide was needed and he could have bought time for a receiver to be open and then launch a throw. That's a skill that used to be taught in college but the nature of college offenses doesn't really make it a thing anymore. If Getsy were a good coach....he'd be working on that with him.
And I continue to see a plethora of plays each week, wherein he is LATE to deliver. The difference between pressured and not is less than a half of a second. He either does not trust his receivers(very plausible) or he is gun shy.

Going back to last season there were a lot of throws Fields made where he threw his receivers open. I am not seeing that from him this year. The throw to Pettis sunday was on of those. The piece of shit dropped the ball. But Fields has the ability to do it. Not sure why he isn't attempting it more.