• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Glenn Dorsey visiting the Niners

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if the Chiefs had stuck with the 4-3, Dorsey woul have had a much better career to date. I think he's an absolute beast of a DT and could cause some major damage in the right circumstances.

I completely expect us to draft a NT.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what he can do in a 9er uniform. Maybe a chance of scenery will do him some good. At the very least he can spell J. Smith and/or McDonald from time to time.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
He got a 2 year deal

Oh well. I wanted like 4 years, but it's better than 1.

Maybe that means the Niners still plan on drafting a NT so they can use the 2 years to develop him. Hankins??? He could also spell JSmith & Ray at DE.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Oh well. I wanted like 4 years, but it's better than 1.

Maybe that means the Niners still plan on drafting a NT so they can use the 2 years to develop him. Hankins??? He could also spell JSmith & Ray at DE.

but we also extended Ian Williams, so can we fit another NT? if we view Dorsey as replacing RJF, and Ian replacing Sopoaga, won't we cut Tukuafu or Dobbs?

if we do we do, just reviewing the DL situation.

or does Ian compete and potentially face a cut?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I don't see Ian Williams as a guy who's gonna ever compete for a starting job. I think he's a cheap backup whose role will be to play hard & set a good example for the young players they add over the next few years.

The Niners had 3 NTs last year: Sopoaga, RJF & Williams. They now have 2. I'd like 'em to add one more in the draft.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Tomsula is on board with the signing, I'm cool with it

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the signing, he provides us with great depth. I'm still not sold on him as a NT, he will have to prove it to me. Considering that Sop only played a fraction of the snaps last season, this move doesn't really surprise me.