• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Glen Coffee

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happened to his life as a minister? Guess he wants to be the (ad)minister of death now... ba dump bump... tssssshhhhhh

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Good for him!

I'm not gonna fault the guy for retiring from the NFL if his heart wasn't in to it. And I'm impressed that he has gone on to do something worthwhile!

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You go, Glen Coffee.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Yes. You go Glenn Coffee. Try not to begin this new career and then decide you don't want to do it any more right before the Army is ready to deploy you.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck that guy. I will never root for him.

NinerFan52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck that guy. I will never root for him.

Glad to see that you are not rooting for a guy that has chosen to put his life on the line to defend the freedom of Americans like yourself. It is def rational of you to say "fuck that guy" for not wanting to play football anymore.

luckyluke22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
As someone who served in SpecWar and spent 6 years as a veteran I'm also a little disappointed in your disdain for Coffee. Yes he teased and tricked us Niner fans. However, unless you voluntarily signed your life as possible payment so that others may live and enjoy American freedom it's definitely disrespectful. You don't have to admire the guy or even appreciate his sacrifice, but a little respect isn't asking too much, is it?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Glad to see that you are not rooting for a guy that has chosen to put his life on the line to defend the freedom of Americans like yourself. It is def rational of you to say "fuck that guy" for not wanting to play football anymore.

I agree it's a stern reaction, and certainly a guy can decide not to play football if he doesn't want to. You'd just hope the guy decided that before going out for the draft.

I don't have any particularly hard feelings toward Coffee, just wish we had the pick back. We've used an awful lot of pretty high picks on RB lately. Third on Coffee in '09, fourth on Hunter in '11, second on LMJ in '12, and a fourth on Lattimore this year. One of these guys had better pan out as Gore's replacement...

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I agree it's a stern reaction, and certainly a guy can decide not to play football if he doesn't want to. You'd just hope the guy decided that before going out for the draft.

I don't have any particularly hard feelings toward Coffee, just wish we had the pick back. We've used an awful lot of pretty high picks on RB lately. Third on Coffee in '09, fourth on Hunter in '11, second on LMJ in '12, and a fourth on Lattimore this year. One of these guys had better pan out as Gore's replacement...

I commend him for doing what he wants to do. From a football perspective it sucks that the draft pick went to waste. It makes it worst that Mike Wallace was taken later in that 3rd round.

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't work out as a football player. I think the Niners founde better to replace him. As to the fuck you crowd as someone who did my time in the Corps you can all go fuck yoursleves for putting down someone who is willing to put his life on the line so you can pretend your real tough on the internet. I may not like the fact that he pissed on the Niners but damned if Ill put him down for choosing to serve in the armed forces.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He didn't work out as a football player. I think the Niners founde better to replace him. As to the fuck you crowd as someone who did my time in the Corps you can all go fuck yoursleves for putting down someone who is willing to put his life on the line so you can pretend your real tough on the internet. I may not like the fact that he pissed on the Niners but damned if Ill put him down for choosing to serve in the armed forces.

To be fair, Ray isn't putting him down for choosing to serve in the military. He's putting him down for quitting on the Niners. He just isn't forgiving him because he's joined the army.

I commend Coffee for his choice to serve in the military, as I do anyone who goes that route. That said, I don't think a guy gets a clean slate for that one decision.

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I come from a long line of Vets, I chose to try to play football instead of join the military, let me just say that:
1. this is a football board, so I think you guys should stop pretending like Rays statement is offensive. We all know how Coffee left and some people havent forgiven him, that is their own choice.
2. He said he wasnt going to root for him, not he wished any ill will upon him
3. To see people get their post thumbs down on a post that says " what a waste of a pick that turned out to be." That is ridiculous!!

I have no feelings toward Coffee but I am not going to get upset at someone who does. Basically lighten up, as someone else said, no one is hating on him because of his choice to join the military it was his choice to leave the team when he was in 23 and he hasnt had his mind made up about what he wants to do in life.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He cost us a pick. Then he tried to be all philosophical by saying money ruins people in the NFL. Then he wouldn't answer the question about the Niners recouping part of his signing bonus. The dude is a scumbag and I don't give a shit what he is doing these days especially since he has changed his mind on that three times already. Fucking flake.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
coffee and rashaun woods. they didn't want to play football they just wanted to cash cheques

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woah, woah, woah. Why is Coffee suddenly above reproach because he watched Tears of the Sun and decided to join the Army?

First of all, if he was inspired to do the kind of shit that Navy Seals do... then he should have joined the fucking Navy... which tells me that he is still an idiot.

Second of all, as a former Marine with three deployments to Iraq. Ray is every bit within his rights to state what he believes or feels on the matter. I'm ashamed of any of you who served and took that oath to support and defend the Constitution but still managed to get offended or mad at him for what he said. That oath you took, supported Ray. Not because you agree with him, but because you agree with the Constitution. If you find this insulting, well, I hope that one day you get it.