• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Glen Coffee

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm just happy to see he isn't out there 'making it rain' at the clubs, or runnin the streets and getting in trouble with the law. Its not often you hear stories of players who abandon their NFL careers and actually go on to do something positive or worthwhile afterward...

Nobody likes to see wasted draft picks, and I wasn't happy when he retired from the NFL either. But I also know that I have quit jobs/career oppertunities in the past that have disappointed others as well. But I had to do what was best for me. So I can't really fault anyone else including Coffee for doing the samething. I'm sure most of us have been in similar situations...

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just happy to see he isn't out there 'making it rain' at the clubs, or runnin the streets and getting in trouble with the law. Its not often you hear stories of players who abandon their NFL careers and actually go on to do something positive or worthwhile afterward...

Nobody likes to see wasted draft picks, and I wasn't happy when he retired from the NFL either. But I also know that I have quit jobs/career oppertunities in the past that have disappointed others as well. But I had to do what was best for me. So I can't really fault anyone else including Coffee for doing the samething. I'm sure most of us have been in similar situations...

Former 49ers RB Glen Coffee arrested in Florida - NFL.com

Just happy he isn't doing it anymore... you mean?

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Former 49ers RB Glen Coffee arrested in Florida - NFL.com

Just happy he isn't doing it anymore... you mean?

Those chargers were dropped...

Either way since retiring from the NFL he has done several speeches about his faith and gone on to join the military...

This is a good article about how conflicted he was with football, and how needed to be doing something else with his life...

With brief NFL career behind him, former Alabama RB Glen Coffee to graduate from Airborne School | al.com

I always got the impression that he was a confused individual, but I never had that feeling that he was just another thug out to cash out any way possible...

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woah, woah, woah. Why is Coffee suddenly above reproach because he watched Tears of the Sun and decided to join the Army?

First of all, if he was inspired to do the kind of shit that Navy Seals do... then he should have joined the fucking Navy... which tells me that he is still an idiot.

Second of all, as a former Marine with three deployments to Iraq. Ray is every bit within his rights to state what he believes or feels on the matter. I'm ashamed of any of you who served and took that oath to support and defend the Constitution but still managed to get offended or mad at him for what he said. That oath you took, supported Ray. Not because you agree with him, but because you agree with the Constitution. If you find this insulting, well, I hope that one day you get it.

I feel ya bro, I havent personally served as like i stated previously I tried football as a career choice. I was injured to where I cant play anymore but the passion of someone who loves the game and who wants to play the game for all the right reasons never dies. I think their are alot of players in it for the wrong reasons, and I think Coffee was one of them. I believe in the Constitution and I feel like people should stop being so mad about it all. If someones opinion offends you then either dont pay attention to it, or debate your point without being a fucking whinebag. They dont agree with me so I will get all pissed off and thumbs down their post. Really???? you just thumbs down me, you all do know that the thumb up and down dont do shit right?

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerFan52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woah, woah, woah. Why is Coffee suddenly above reproach because he watched Tears of the Sun and decided to join the Army?

First of all, if he was inspired to do the kind of shit that Navy Seals do... then he should have joined the fucking Navy... which tells me that he is still an idiot.

Second of all, as a former Marine with three deployments to Iraq. Ray is every bit within his rights to state what he believes or feels on the matter. I'm ashamed of any of you who served and took that oath to support and defend the Constitution but still managed to get offended or mad at him for what he said. That oath you took, supported Ray. Not because you agree with him, but because you agree with the Constitution. If you find this insulting, well, I hope that one day you get it.

This is a message board. Nobody is saying you can't possibly say/type what you want. That is your right, just like it is others right to criticize what you say/type. Whether you are the Navy, Army, Air Force, or Marines, that is a much more important job than playing football. People forget too often that the NFL is still only a game played by millionaires that usually have no loyalty to the city they played for. The millionaires realize this, but for some reason fans are so passionate they can't understand it. A young kid in his early 20's was confused on what he wanted to do with his life, yeah that doesn't happen often huh? I can't believe this many people actually think it is normal to say "Fuck him" bc a guy didn't want to play a sport for a living anymore. I'm sure you would think its normal for people to criticize you for doing _______ instead of working at ________ company that they were a real big fan of, but had no actual financial stake in. (btw threelittlebirds, I know you didn't say all the things I was replying to, only quoted you for the first part)

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a message board. Nobody is saying you can't possibly say/type what you want. That is your right, just like it is others right to criticize what you say/type. Whether you are the Navy, Army, Air Force, or Marines, that is a much more important job than playing football. People forget too often that the NFL is still only a game played by millionaires that usually have no loyalty to the city they played for. The millionaires realize this, but for some reason fans are so passionate they can't understand it. A young kid in his early 20's was confused on what he wanted to do with his life, yeah that doesn't happen often huh? I can't believe this many people actually think it is normal to say "Fuck him" bc a guy didn't want to play a sport for a living anymore. I'm sure you would think its normal for people to criticize you for doing _______ instead of working at ________ company that they were a real big fan of, but had no actual financial stake in. (btw threelittlebirds, I know you didn't say all the things I was replying to, only quoted you for the first part)

I don't care about Coffee, don't care that he quit or the he wasted a 49ers draft pick. Wasted draft picks are part of the game. Honestly, I think disliking someone for that is a waste of time and energy. A small point, if watching a movie inspires him to join the military at his age... I dunno man, he is still confused and trying to find himself in my opinion.

Anyway, I don't like the idea that if someone joins the military that they should be suddenly seen as some great person who risks so much and is a hero... that just simply is not true in every case. To avoid a lengthy rant, I'll keep it simple. There is a reason they call it serving in the military and not deserving exhalations in the military.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Everybody has freedom of speech, or used to untill recent revaluations. But people also have to right to disagree with what somebody says. Was I mad that the niners lost a pick, sure, but I am also glad that he is serving in the military. Just like I am glad all of you here that have served. I owe you a debt I could never pay. I hold military vets at the top, and because of that, it supersedes everything else with Coffee.