• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Give your team a grade..

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a believer in Manziel so I think A is off the board right now, but moving down with BUF and still ending up with the #1 rated CB plus a 1st/4rd rounder 2015...that was the strongest move of the draft.

Now come the problems...They had to know something was about to happen with Gordon...I can't help but note, the Browns went from having potentially (had they taken Watkins or Evans) one of the best young WR/TE combos in the league to being nearly bare @ WR...Johnny's start seems be effected by the CLE jinx!

Forgetting about Manziel for a second...With Hoyer/Gordon/Cameron/Rookie WR to complement a stout DEF and the Browns could have been on their way I think...now, maybe picking top 10 again next year, possibly twice....we shall see

To me the Browns stayed true to their own board. Okay yes they have two veteran WR's with issues, but they aren't pushing the panic button, and it's not like there isn't gonna be WR's released during camps, they can find a cheap solution for Gordon and they will continue to get better....

I agree with the bold. They have a number of issues all over the board, WR not the least of which. I found it surprising that they didn't take a WR at ALL in the draft, but that could be completely minimized if they sign Holmes or Austin in free agency.

The fact that they were able to get 2 guys in the first round that they were targeting AND get another (likely pretty good) first round pick next year as well forces me to give them a good grade. For what its worth, I personally wanted Watkins and whichever QB was left at 26...would have been Bridgewater I think. This seems to have worked out fine too, especially if JFF can be 1/2 way decent.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd give the Fins a B since they mainly went for need but pretty much accomplished what they set out to do. This draft and FA was about Tanny so we'll see how it pans out I'm confident that just as long as the oline gels they'll be fine...

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
9ers - solid B

Addressed some needs and got players that can contribute this upcoming season and just had a nice blend of guys they could redshirt and guys with raw talent to develop.

If the 2013 and 2014 drafts most pan out than the 9ers will have a strong roster for the foreseeable future.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe the Cowboys get a + in their draft. A grade of D+
& I don't want to talk about it.

Couldnt be a failure if you improve the trenches & think we did strengthen the OL in the draft, so it couldn't be an F.

ONEPANTHERSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK if Benjamin is a true #1, but I really like what he brings...would've been nice to see him get a year with a great vet like S. Smith but it wasn't to be...imo CAR will be the same stout DEF, but I would worry about the OFC.

I hated that we let Smitty go. However, Benjamin will have one great advantage in his development, we have the guy who made Steve Smith into an Elite WR as our WR coach. Ricky Proehl was a WR for the Panthers from 03-06, when Smith had his breakout years. Before Proehl came in, Smith would just try to beat everyone with his speed. Proehl was known for being a very precise route runner and he taught that to Smith. If Benjamin has any football smarts, he will listen and learn like Smith did. Add great routes to his size, as Smith did with his speed, and he will be a top WR.