• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Giants Searching For Answers

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How in the fuck to the Padres and Dodgers keep getting richer at the deadline? Hader to the Padres? you gotta be kidding me.

The Dodgers are able to do it because they have put together arguably the best farm system in baseball and they have a shit ton of money. Their farm system has so many good young players that there's no way they can all ever play for the big club.

The Padres were building up a good farm system, but have pretty much decimated it trying to keep up with the Dodgers. If it doesn't work in the next couple of seasons, they are going to have to become sellers so they can replenish their farm system.

Far be it from me to be fair to the Giants...

but to be fair to the Giants...seems like they've had a lot of injuries and lack the depth to overcome them.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dodgers are able to do it because they have put together arguably the best farm system in baseball and they have a shit ton of money. Their farm system has so many good young players that there's no way they can all ever play for the big club.

The Padres were building up a good farm system, but have pretty much decimated it trying to keep up with the Dodgers. If it doesn't work in the next couple of seasons, they are going to have to become sellers so they can replenish their farm system.

Far be it from me to be fair to the Giants...

but to be fair to the Giants...seems like they've had a lot of injuries and lack the depth to overcome them.
With youngsters like Tatis and Soto along with their strong pitching staff with Hader closing the door, they should be strong for a good while

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With youngsters like Tatis and Soto along with their strong pitching staff with Hader closing the door, they should be strong for a good while

The problem for them is going to be getting past the Dodgers. A healthy Giants team is also a threat to the Padres as well. They are making World Series or bust moves...which is good. It's what they should be doing.

But it doesn't look like they have the resources to maintain both a contending big league team while maintaining a high level farm system.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem for them is going to be getting past the Dodgers. A healthy Giants team is also a threat to the Padres as well. They are making World Series or bust moves...which is good. It's what they should be doing.

But it doesn't look like they have the resources to maintain both a contending big league team while maintaining a high level farm system.
Yep, its tough to go up against Dodger money, plus Dodger history; speaking of which, baseball has lost the greatest announcer it ever had.. Synonymous with the Dodgers. He will be missed

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, its tough to go up against Dodger money, plus Dodger history; speaking of which, baseball has lost the greatest announcer it ever had.. Synonymous with the Dodgers. He will be missed

Yeah, I was watching the Dodgers/Giants game when it was announced. Kind of took the excitement out of the game.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, its tough to go up against Dodger money, plus Dodger history

Yeah, they arguably the best farm in baseball, so they have lots of tradeable assets on top of those they choose to keep and develop and then they still have the money to get whoever they want in FA to fill holes. That's tough to compete with.

Then when they get some of these guys and you hear them talk about Dodgers history, etc. it's another advantage that they have.

After the last couple of owners, it's great to see competence again. lol

Things got so bad at Dodgers Stadium during the McCourts ownership that I quit taking my kids to games.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I was watching the Dodgers/Giants game when it was announced. Kind of took the excitement out of the game.
Whenever I had a choice to watch the Dodger feed or the Giants feed during a Giants-Dodgers game I always chose the Dodger feed even though I love the Giants because Scully was so much better than the Giants guys. What I liked about him was that he knew his audience was primarily Dodger fans and they knew all the small things already about the Dodgers so he always told you things about the opposing team which for me was great because that team was always the Giants since I despise the Dodgers and would only watch them when they are playing the Giants

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, they arguably the best farm in baseball, so they have lots of tradeable assets on top of those they choose to keep and develop and then they still have the money to get whoever they want in FA to fill holes. That's tough to compete with.

Then when they get some of these guys and you hear them talk about Dodgers history, etc. it's another advantage that they have.

After the last couple of owners, it's great to see competence again. lol

Things got so bad at Dodgers Stadium during the McCourts ownership that I quit taking my kids to games.
I hear you. Until McGowan saved the Giants they were one of the worst franchises in baseball even though they have had such a storied history and have had some of the greatest players in the history of the game. I remember going to games in the mid 70s where 600 fans showed up for a game at Candlestick. It was pathetic. On the flip side, during such games my brother and I would come home with at least 20 foul balls because there was no competition and they let you go anywhere ion the stadium to retrieve them

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you. Until McGowan saved the Giants they were one of the worst franchises in baseball even though they have had such a storied history and have had some of the greatest players in the history of the game. I remember going to games in the mid 70s where 600 fans showed up for a game at Candlestick. It was pathetic. On the flip side, during such games my brother and I would come home with at least 20 foul balls because there was no competition and they let you go anywhere ion the stadium to retrieve them

The Dodgers were still pretty competitive under the McCourts. But the McCourts couldn't actually afford them and also treated the team like an ATM.

As a cost cutting measure, they did away with much of the security, including in the parking lot after games. It was actually getting dangerous.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dodgers were still pretty competitive under the McCourts. But the McCourts couldn't actually afford them and also treated the team like an ATM.

As a cost cutting measure, they did away with much of the security, including in the parking lot after games. It was actually getting dangerous.
Yeah, I remember a few years ago when some Dodger fans beat the shit out of a Giants fan down there and hospitalized him. The area where Dodger Stadium is was a very nice area back in the 60s when we'd go to Giants games there with my grandparents who lived in southern California. Now, just like the area where SC is, its a dump.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are people blowing a team that hasn’t won a WS since the Reagan administration?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The answer just May to get some smarter players. They make so many silly mistakes