• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Giants Rock the House 7-3 on Opening Day

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I woke up this morning the sun seemed brighter. It was Opening Day ! It was Christmas, my birthday, and Happy New Year all wrapped up into a ball and oh boy did everyone at AT&T Park have a ball on this Tuesday April 8th, 2014.

The Band of Brothers our San Francisco Giants put on a concert extravaganza that will not be forgotten. It started with Batman and Bat Kid showing up to protect our SF turf from the bad guys (D-Backs). It ended with a 7-3 victory as the Band left to a standing ovation. The Giants came ready to play and so did the fans. Tim Hudson took the mound for his second start of his new teams season and dazzled the D-Backs for 8 innings giving up only 2 ER on 7 hits striking out 4 batters along the way for a much deserved second win of the season.

Brandon Belt launched his 5th HR of the young year to deep right center where as Kruk always says..."Where the big boys hit em". Belt was big putting the Giants ahead 2-0 and the party had begun. Today is the anniversary of Hank Aaron's 715th HR passing Babe Ruth for the all-time HR record , forty years ago. Belt was kidding earlier in the year saying he might break Bonds record of 73 this year the way he has started but I always say dream big ..kid ..dream big !

The opening day dream continued when Posey drove in Pagan with a run scoring single. All of a sudden a poop from high in the sky smashed down on my back from one of our friendly fans ...the seagulls. I grew up in a family that always said that getting crapped on from the sky by a bird is good luck ...so hey I am going to go with that. Morse followed in his first start at home with a clutch 2 run single . Crawford who has struggled some here early on had a nice day smacking a 2 run single and had two hits on the day. I was really rooting for him on this day.

When the game ended a sold out crowd filed out of the yard where new memories were imprinted in their minds like a song you can never get out of your mind and you always hum along to. Victory is sweet ! As I rode home on the train I was listening to music looking out the window and as the sun started to set it still shined so bright on the City by the Bay. I started to dream I was riding down Hudson's river of dreams so I kept dreaming because I always dream big. What a wonderful day I will never forget.

Go Giants !!

:suds::thrasher::rockon::clap:

On youtube...

Billy Joel - River of Dreams

Rock On !

Last edited by a moderator: