• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Giants need the Horse to make a run through the playoffs

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They call him the Horse and he has been since becoming a Giant. He is the longest tenured Giant on the team and has led them to two WS Championships. He has also thrown that very memorable Perfect Game . It was the only Perfect Game in Giants franchise history.

Cain has always been respected and was considered the leader of the Giants staff for a number of years. Since signing his big contract some fans and some in the media think he has lost a little especially in his fastball location. Bumgarner got the nod this year to be the #1 starter and don't get me wrong Bum earned that position but Cain is a very important leader on the team. Cain has had kind of a strange year so far. He has only started 9 games and thrown only 53.2 innings. His hand injury making a sandwich in the lunch room interrupted him from doing his thing. I know he took a lot of ribbing especially from Bubble Boy Affeldt but he has handled himself with class and stayed mostly quit since the injury.

Cain early in his career would put up great games but would have nothing to show for it because the Giants hitters would struggle in his starts. He now has a team that can really hit and I expect him to take off from here on out. Cain dealt with all the trade talk early on as a Giant and there are still some out there who don't believe he can be the Matt Cain of old.

Cain has to be chomping at the bit to get into the game tonight where he feels most at home. His last start right before the injury he looked great and hopefully he can expand on that great start and make it a Daily Double. As Cain goes the Giants will go. He is the #2 starter now in between Bum and Hudson. When Cain gets it rolling and you have that top three in the rotation strong this team will really take off. Hopefully Cain can bust from the gate fast tonight and get into his groove.

Never count out the Horse. Too much talent and determination to hold this horse back from getting into the winners circle. Go get em' Matt Cain and welcome back.

Go Giants !!

Go :ipw: !!

Last edited by a moderator: