• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Giants General Thoughts

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luis Gonzalez

:dhd:
giphy.gif

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thrill was on KNBR this AM. They were talking about Bart and he did not really mince his words (would you expect that from Clark?). He said Bart was basically completely lost at the plate and needs lots of work. They compared him to Matty when he came up and he had his struggles, and Will shut that down immediately. He didn’t think Bart has near the natural ability that Matty had and this is not the same thing. He said he will be with the big club in a coaching capacity in a couple weeks and at the top of his “to do” list is to work with Bart extensively.

My takeaway was that Clark is not impressed by Bart and doesn’t have faith he will be anything.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is anyone planning on watching the game at all tonight? I anticipate the attendance tonight to be in the high teens.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will I be able to watch on MLB.com?
It will be available on the app. Whether or not you would be able to view it or not has lots of variables involved. If you will be in the BA, than no, you would be in the blackout area of the game.

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be available on the app. Whether or not you would be able to view it or not has lots of variables involved. If you will be in the BA, than no, you would be in the blackout area of the game.
I'm Smyrna, TN.

I use the app.

What is the nature of Belt's injury?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Current WC standings…

6AC26A5A-5E88-42BF-ADA6-D25D7438AA35.jpeg

ITSET, we would be facing StL in the WC round, with StL having HFA. The other WC series would be LA hosting Atlanta. I am not certain, but I think the MLB will still have a tourney style playoffs, so the winner of StL/SF would go to SD, the winner of LA/Atl would go to NY.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Current WC standings…

View attachment 299319

ITSET, we would be facing StL in the WC round, with StL having HFA. The other WC series would be LA hosting Atlanta. I am not certain, but I think the MLB will still have a tourney style playoffs, so the winner of StL/SF would go to SD, the winner of LA/Atl would go to NY.
The only teams, as of right now, that I could see challenging us for that last spot are the Brewers, Phillies and maybe the Marlins. I think the Diamondbacks will fade and the rest of the teams below Miami will pretty much stay out of contention.
Nice to see the Dodgers not holding the division, for now.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only teams, as of right now, that I could see challenging us for that last spot are the Brewers, Phillies and maybe the Marlins. I think the Diamondbacks will fade and the rest of the teams below Miami will pretty much stay out of contention.
Nice to see the Dodgers not holding the division, for now.
Agree. Philly and the Crew are the only REAL competition for the last spot, but Miami MIGHT become a contender.

I don’t want to rely on that last spot, though. I think we can (and should) overtake Atlanta, and maybe SD as well. The prob with Sd is that they finally have a REAL manager to contend with.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disco…

:sigh:

so he is back to the IL with his ankle. Kap indicated that this is worrisome, and surgery is apparently on the table. I would assume that would mean he would be done for the season.

Injuries happen. It sucks, but it isn’t what this post is about.

Apparently this ankle issue goes back to last season. They signed him to his long (3 year) extension knowing that the ankle is an issue. Why the fudge would they sign a mediocre at best pitcher to a 3/36 knowing that he has ankle issues? We’re they “hoping” it wouldn’t be an issue. We’re the docs wrong in their diagnosis?

I disliked the signing when I thought he was healthy. Now that it comes out they knew he wasn’t healthy? Does this front office even want to win (rant comment, give me some leeway)?

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disco…

:sigh:

so he is back to the IL with his ankle. Kap indicated that this is worrisome, and surgery is apparently on the table. I would assume that would mean he would be done for the season.

Injuries happen. It sucks, but it isn’t what this post is about.

Apparently this ankle issue goes back to last season. They signed him to his long (3 year) extension knowing that the ankle is an issue. Why the fudge would they sign a mediocre at best pitcher to a 3/36 knowing that he has ankle issues? We’re they “hoping” it wouldn’t be an issue. We’re the docs wrong in their diagnosis?

I disliked the signing when I thought he was healthy. Now that it comes out they knew he wasn’t healthy? Does this front office even want to win (rant comment, give me some leeway)?
It doesn't make sense. He was a flyer precisely because of injury concerns. Sure, he stayed relatively healthy last year and was a decent pitcher. The 3 year deal seemed excessive then. And finding out that this was a known issue makes even less sense now. I get that Gausman's contract demands made him a dicey signing but what move on with him only to double down on DeSclafani?

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, regarding the starting rotation, do you all think the Giants will just use an opener until Junis is ready? Or do they recall Hjelle and finally give him a chance in the rotation?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, regarding the starting rotation, do you all think the Giants will just use an opener until Junis is ready? Or do they recall Hjelle and finally give him a chance in the rotation?
Looking at Hjelli’s AAA numbers, he does not deserve the chance.

Looking at his MLB numbers, he does.

Who is he?

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disco .... just baffling. Why would they extend a 3 year contract to a player with an injury. I just can't imagine any situation that would justify that investment.
I also wonder if Doval is pitching with some sort of injury. Last year he was wild but also very difficult to make contact wirh his pitches. Just doesn't seem that way this year. Seems they always manage to get a hit or 2 off him. Just seems different.
McGee also seems very hittable this year.

I think we are going to see a lot of Junis. Long and possibly Hjelle. A lot will depend what the landscape is at the end of this month.
14-14 should keep us in the race. Something like 11-17 may knock us out. ...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disco .... just baffling. Why would they extend a 3 year contract to a player with an injury. I just can't imagine any situation that would justify that investment.
I also wonder if Doval is pitching with some sort of injury. Last year he was wild but also very difficult to make contact wirh his pitches. Just doesn't seem that way this year. Seems they always manage to get a hit or 2 off him. Just seems different.
McGee also seems very hittable this year.

I think we are going to see a lot of Junis. Long and possibly Hjelle. A lot will depend what the landscape is at the end of this month.
14-14 should keep us in the race. Something like 11-17 may knock us out. ...
My sense on Doval is that he is just very immature (baseball-wise). I don’t get the sense he has much confidence. I don’t think he has anything to learn in AAA, his game is too good for that level. He just needs to log innings at the MLB level to convince him that he has the stuff to succeed. And he just isn’t there yet.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at Hjelli’s AAA numbers, he does not deserve the chance.

Looking at his MLB numbers, he does.

Who is he?
The same could be argued about Junis (his AAA numbers were much worse). And Hjelle has gotten better and looks better than 2/3rds of the AAA pitchers in Sacramento but I shouldn't even use that as a comparison.