• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Giants General Thoughts

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you get the idea that he doesn’t like it here based on an offhand comment I made earlier this season. He made a frustrated comment about playing hard (or something similar), and I of course made the irresponsible extrapolation that he didn’t like playing here. It was not anything I had heard from anyone in the know, it was just an off the cuff remark based on a moment of frustration on his part.

Everything I have heard from those in the know say he loves it here. Not necessarily that I believe that, but there you have it…
Wait, are you telling us that we cannot take everything you say and run with it?

Dang it!

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, are you telling us that we cannot take everything you say and run with it?

Dang it!
You absolutely can. 100%.

In fact, I have a can’t miss stock tip for you. It is a bit non traditional, though. You can only invest in it through gofundme (Moneyforcal). I recommend taking out a mortgage on the home and empty out the retirement and college funds to get in on the ground floor here…

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You absolutely can. 100%.

In fact, I have a can’t miss stock tip for you. It is a bit non traditional, though. You can only invest in it through gofundme (Moneyforcal). I recommend taking out a mortgage on the home and empty out the retirement and college funds to get in on the ground floor here…
Can you also find me some cheap coastal property . . . . preferably with a helipad?

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, I think he's flirting with us to up his price for the Yankees. Can't see them letting us outbid them. And will we really mind not getting a 30 year old huge guy for $350 million over 10 years? I actually hope we do get him for that but missing won't hurt that much because of the cost avoided.

Seems high but maybe I'm mistaken about him not liking SF
One mitigating factor on the eventual Judge contract -- we have the DH now, so the last few years might not be worthless.

I feel dirty for pointing this out.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Throw in a private jet and you have a deal!

Unrelated question, can private jets land on helipads? Asking for a friend.
I used to have an Osprey, but it was too big for my helipad. I traded it in for a Harrier, but my neighbors complained about the noise. I have a Hells Angel member who lives down the street, and he complained about the noise.

Unfortunately, the dealership I got it from has a no-return policy, so that is sitting in my front yard next to the helicopter.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to have an Osprey, but it was too big for my helipad. I traded it in for a Harrier, but my neighbors complained about the noise. I have a Hells Angel member who lives down the street, and he complained about the noise.

Unfortunately, the dealership I got it from has a no-return policy, so that is sitting in my front yard next to the helicopter.
on blocks. Next to the 72 Ford

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What a jerk. I say, as long as you are landing and taking off during the day, then what right to do you have to complain about noise? Sure, it may be incredibly loud but if the sun is shining . . .

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One mitigating factor on the eventual Judge contract -- we have the DH now, so the last few years might not be worthless.

I feel dirty for pointing this out.
Well yeah the DH makes it much less risky but he won't be worth $40 mil in 5 years+. But that's how it goes in this sport.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants say Jakob Junis will start Game 1 in Milwaukee tomorrow. They’re “I haven’t gone to the grocery store in two weeks so let’s open the fridge and see what I can throw together for lunch” for Game 2.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants say Jakob Junis will start Game 1 in Milwaukee tomorrow. They’re “I haven’t gone to the grocery store in two weeks so let’s open the fridge and see what I can throw together for lunch” for Game 2.
They can call up a 29th player for the double header. How about Sean Hjelle? Or, maybe, Kyle Harrison!?!?!

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can call up a 29th player for the double header. How about Sean Hjelle? Or, maybe, Kyle Harrison!?!?!
I would be very happy with Hjelle. If they go Harrison, I want him to take multiple scheduled starts. I doubt that will happen, so I prefer Hjelle.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be very happy with Hjelle. If they go Harrison, I want him to take multiple scheduled starts. I doubt that will happen, so I prefer Hjelle.
I seriously doubt Harrison comes up this year, but you never know.