• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Giants game

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The safety play is suspect and their tackling was not good . Love our pass rush, but concerned with tackling overall.

Yeah, the Safeties definitely need to tackle better. Especially Heath -- he needs to learn how to break down.

The corners really shined though. Byron Jones has been excellent. Awuzie has the look of an eventual Pro-Bowl CB. Even Anthony Brown has been playing well. We didn't even hear Jourdan Lewis' name at all last night, and I remain very optimistic that he will be an above average CB in the NFL, as well.

Last edited:

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rico is a gadget player. Once or twice a game he will be targeted IMO.

Makes no sense to me, the guy can be used in the receiving game. He ran two routes tonight and was open on both. Once for a TD, and the other would have kept a drive going -- just a shame they couldn't get it to him. I don't see two guys in front of him playing so well that Gathers shouldn't get a few more snaps.

I mean really, has Jarwin impressed anyone these first two games?

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jaylon with 10 tackles, LVE with 7, Taco with a sack, two tackles for loss and two pressures, 6 different players with sacks...without Irving or Gregory...Yikes

Jaylon was a stud last night. Man that guy has made a serious jump from last year. The athleticism and speed at that size is incredible. I honestly didn't think he had this type of performance in him after the injury -- holy shit!

Taco is legit. He is picking up right where he left off at the end of last season. He's going to be a very solid player.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't watch him very closely last night, but I thought LVE was decent in his time on the field. Going to rewatch the condensed version of the game and take a closer look at some point today.
Agree. I think he had a penalty on Special Teams??? Solid in coverage. I thought on one play when he was sitting in his zone he slid to his right for some reason and it looked like the guy that came open in the middle on his left was his guy, but he looked good.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes no sense to me, the guy can be used in the receiving game. He ran two routes tonight and was open on both. Once for a TD, and the other would have kept a drive going -- just a shame they couldn't get it to him. I don't see two guys in front of him playing so well that Gathers shouldn't get a few more snaps.

He is still learning how to play football. The coaches have seen him for two years. They know what he can and cannot do. They don't trust him. He looks raw still too me. Not ready to start for an NFL team.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regarding Rico Gathers, I didn't see him on the field at all after those two missed throws by Dak to Gathers. Kinda disappointed to see the coaching staff go bury him on the bench after those two plays. Gathers was open on both and Dak just missed him both times -- once for an EASY touchdown, and the other Gathers could have possibly caught but it was a bad throw.

The TE group needs some work. Swaim is decent enough and reliable, but not at all a threat. Jarwin looks like he is going backwards in his progression the last few weeks. Dalton Shultz doesn't even really deserve to be on the team except for draft status -- and Bryan Broaddus agrees with me.

I think Rico makes enough plays in practice to make the staff say WOW, but at the same practice he's probably so bad the staff says he's to risky to have out there just yet. He's a project, if he fully developed he's gonna be scary to other teams.

Until he's more consistent at practice, you're not going to see him much on Sundays.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rico is a gadget player. Once or twice a game he will be targeted IMO.
And you can't bring him in the game in certain situations because the other team knows you are passing if you do. He'll get a few chances a game to prove if he belongs or not.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you can't bring him in the game in certain situations because the other team knows you are passing if you do. He'll get a few chances a game to prove if he belongs or not.
He had a couple of chances last night. Didn't come up with one in the middle of the field that would have been a tough catch but would have been a big play, then we popped wide open in the end zone but Dak had to get rid of it early. Considering the other three TE's are contributing zip in the passing game, there's no reason not to give him a little more PT IMO

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had a couple of chances last night. Didn't come up with one in the middle of the field that would have been a tough catch but would have been a big play, then we popped wide open in the end zone but Dak had to get rid of it early. Considering the other three TE's are contributing zip in the passing game, there's no reason not to give him a little more PT IMO
If the others block & Rico sucks at it, then you know why they are in most plays & he isnt. TEs arent all about the passing game when it comes to their importance. Especially with this team. Starters always need to know how to block on the Cowboys.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the others block & Rico sucks at it, then you know why they are in most plays & he isnt. TEs arent all about the passing game when it comes to their importance. Especially with this team. Starters always need to know how to block on the Cowboys.
Yeah they do, but Jason Witten was the most reliable receiver on the team for a decade, and left a gaping hole. If Gathers can't block, there are plenty obvious passing downs he can play

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rewatched the game, and hats off to Damien Wilson. He was all over the place last night -- he really showed up in special teams, too.

The LB group was very good last night. Deep unit this year. When Lee went out it didn't really even matter.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rewatched the game, and hats off to Damien Wilson. He was all over the place last night -- he really showed up in special teams, too.

The LB group was very good last night. Deep unit this year. When Lee went out it didn't really even matter.
I'm glad you said that about Wilson because I was thinking he played well but wasn't really sure if it was just my perception or if he really did because I didn't focus on him too much. I thought he was a weak spot coming into the season but in the offseason and now in season he's been better.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pissed me off that Awuzie didn’t get on the truck

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pissed me off that Awuzie didn’t get on the truck
Not sure how you pick one defender to put up there. Awuzie was good. Byron Jones was targeted 5 times and allowed 1 catch for zero yards. Zero yards. Taco. Tank. Scheme was great too.

I think they made the right choices.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how you pick one defender to put up there. Awuzie was good. Byron Jones was targeted 5 times and allowed 1 catch for zero yards. Zero yards. Taco. Tank. Scheme was great too.

I think they made the right choices.

I was kidding man. If you go back earlier in this thread I kind of predicted Awuzie would make the truck.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just saw where Jones made it. I didn’t know Tank did too

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jaylon was a stud last night. Man that guy has made a serious jump from last year. The athleticism and speed at that size is incredible. I honestly didn't think he had this type of performance in him after the injury -- holy shit!

Taco is legit. He is picking up right where he left off at the end of last season. He's going to be a very solid player.

I am happy to eat some crow on this one.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a michigan fan, but still wasnt to happy with the Taco draft pick.

So I will be happy to eat crow as well. Win the trenches!

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the Safeties definitely need to tackle better. Especially Heath -- he needs to learn how to break down.

The corners really shined though. Byron Jones has been excellent. Awuzie has the look of an eventual Pro-Bowl CB. Even Anthony Brown has been playing well. We didn't even hear Jourdan Lewis' name at all last night, and I remain very optimistic that he will be an above average CB in the NFL, as well.
If we lose anoth

No Jarwin has not impressed me. None of the tight ends have. Not sure how Dak missed Rico in the endzone. Rico was wide open. I am all for Rico getting more snaps. The NFL is all about match ups and Rico is tough to cover.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a michigan fan, but still wasnt to happy with the Taco draft pick.

So I will be happy to eat crow as well. Win the trenches!
Taco looks faster and stronger this year . He looks more chiseled. He looked soft last season.