• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Getting out of Control -- Dalton 115m 7 years.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey ShaneC. Glad to see you are still among the living. I suspect you have been busy with school and all. It is good to see you hangin' around on these boards though.

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey ShaneC. Glad to see you are still among the living. I suspect you have been busy with school and all. It is good to see you hangin' around on these boards though.

Hey Retro, thanks for the kind comments. School starts soon, just been busy with work and lazy when I get home! I'm back! Got to spend the season with my favorite buddies :)

I'm also very happy to see that you are still around. Hope all is well.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see Bradford's contract near the 130 million dollar range if he has a great season.
I think it'll be like Dalton's contract. 7 year $96 million with playoff escalators :-)yahoo:) bringing it up to $115 million, only $17 million guaranteed, Team option in years 3-6.

Its honestly the modern contract for any young QB that doesn't seem like a slam dunk like Andrew Luck.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it'll be like Dalton's contract. 7 year $96 million with playoff escalators :-)yahoo:) bringing it up to $115 million, only $17 million guaranteed, Team option in years 3-6.

Its honestly the modern contract for any young QB that doesn't seem like a slam dunk like Andrew Luck.

well the team option really helps out the cinci if he ends up flopping. I just think it's funny how everyone at the beginning to middle of last year and the year before was wanting his head on a platter because he wasn't really playing all that well.

I just really think contracts are over-inflated as they sit now. Most of these guys are vastly overpaid IMO. What really chaps my hide (yes i just said that) is when people like Lynch hold out because they don't think 7 million a year isn't a enough. I'm sure your working class american that struggles and makes 47k a year really empathizes with his situation

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dalton is an above average young QB, somewhere in the 12-15 range. Throughout the contract he will average about $14 mil a season if he plays his contract out. That is market value for his position & stature at that position right now. Even if he just produces the same as he has been, Cincinnati has him locked up long term at market value. If he improves on what he has produced so far, Cincinnati will have him locked up at a below market rate. If Dalton regresses over the next few seasons, they can cut him with only a minor salary cap hit.

Either way, this is a good contract for both sides. I would rather have Cincinnati's QB situation right now than be in Jacksonville, Arizona, Cleveland, Oakland, St Louis, Minnesota, Tampa Bay, NY Jets, Tennessee, Houston, Buffalo, or Miami's shoes right now. The league is divided into two categories, those with a QB & those searching every year or every other for a QB. Cincinnati has their QB in place for the foreseeable future. Which is the right path to be on.

Take the numbers out of the equation, remember this is a passing league & even average QB(s) get paid.

ummmmmmm wouldn't that put him right in the middle of the pack? Thus making him an average QB? :doh:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just really think contracts are over-inflated as they sit now. Most of these guys are vastly overpaid IMO. What really chaps my hide (yes i just said that) is when people like Lynch hold out because they don't think 7 million a year isn't a enough. I'm sure your working class american that struggles and makes 47k a year really empathizes with his situation
And most of the rest of the world can't empathize with an American complaining about 47k a year. The reality for Lynch is that his good years are coming to an end. A guy can't take punishment like him and keep running the same way. Eventually he'll wear down with the usage he has gotten the past 2 years.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And most of the rest of the world can't empathize with an American complaining about 47k a year. The reality for Lynch is that his good years are coming to an end. A guy can't take punishment like him and keep running the same way. Eventually he'll wear down with the usage he has gotten the past 2 years.

I don't think you can make those two comparisons. The cost of living in other counties is pretty relative. Trust me I've lived in other counties for years at a time. While people might get paid less, rent, food, and transportation is also less. Sports figures don't have an excuse. Not to mention their endorsements which are often more than their salaries. They get more than the average person will ever see in a lifetime and to sit there and hear them complain about it is just insulting tbh.
It's also been well documented that an average person could retire off 5mil and be very very comfortable for the rest of their lives. Interest alone is more than 100k a year. Point is I don't feel bad for them when they don't get what they want. I often hope they don't get what they want.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prevailing wage, it's a bitch for those who have to pay....

Um, by the way, that would be us fans!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any one know Andy Dalton's post season stats.... :noidea:

3 Games
70 for 123
56.9 comp%
718 yds
1TD
6 INT's
Avg QBR 18.1
Avg Rat 54.4

OUCH!!!

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vita has he gotten his team to the playoffs in a tough division all 3 years he's been in the league?

Bad number's in the playoffs for sure, but I think Andy hasn't missed 1 game and has led his team to the post-season. That + his better than average numbers is why he got this contract.

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Ryan and Andy Dalton lead their teams to the post season. While they haven't played well in the post season, at least they make it where as the Rams are done six weeks before the regular season ends.