• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Getting 58 on the field?

How big a boost is getting 58 out there?

• SB, bishes!

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Huge!

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Should help.

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • other (i.e., I have nothing informative to add)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much will getting Miller on the field boost the Broncos' defense, which now ranks 24th in points and 29th in yards, respectively?

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously getting Miller on the field will be a huge help to the defense if he can play at the level he has the first 2 years and there is no reason to suspect he won't.

We have been inconsistent in getting a pass rush on opposing QB's so his return should have a big impact on the pass defense.

I am not really concerned with the defensive rankings. The only stat that matters is the win/loss column and winning in the post season.

xBxtxDx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously getting Miller on the field will be a huge help to the defense if he can play at the level he has the first 2 years and there is no reason to suspect he won't.

We have been inconsistent in getting a pass rush on opposing QB's so his return should have a big impact on the pass defense.

I am not really concerned with the defensive rankings. The only stat that matters is the win/loss column and winning in the post season.

Actually, it is being reported that Miller showed up at 262 lbs with a 10% body fat and that he is much stronger upper body wise with the same speed. It will be interesting Sunday night for sure.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cant win the whole thing without him. The defense needs him back and as good as he was last year.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, it is being reported that Miller showed up at 262 lbs with a 10% body fat and that he is much stronger upper body wise with the same speed. It will be interesting Sunday night for sure.

Yea, I caught that. Will definitely be interesting to see how he performs with more weight. It sounds like he put on muscle in the right places as opposed to just adding pounds for the sake of weight like lineman do. He stated in an interview he is in the best shape of his playing career.

HOF-ELWAY-7

Speed Kills
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the stats really ever tell the whole story but they do have relevance in this case. There have been WR's that are high school wide open. I think that's about to change. Miller is a rare player who is truly a top 5 NFL defensive player that completely changes the defense. It will free up the other pass rushers and Von has proven time and again that he can beat a double team. Miller also plays the run very well and has good coverage skills. It's also the first time that the Broncos D will have all their players relatively healthy and playing including Miller, Bailey, Ayers and Woodyard. The way the Broncos have played D to this point has been concerning but again I suspect that's about to change. Hopefully with Von back we will even see a Wolfe sighting around the QB.....

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, I caught that. Will definitely be interesting to see how he performs with more weight. It sounds like he put on muscle in the right places as opposed to just adding pounds for the sake of weight like lineman do. He stated in an interview he is in the best shape of his playing career.

That's a scary prospect for any QB not wearing orange. Miller may not have his breakout game this week or next. He will likely have to shake off some rust, especially this week. But his presence on the field may be enough to free up someone else to get to the QB. I see Miller turning in adequate performances this week and next, taking a deep breath during the bye week, then bucking up for a stout slate of opponents coming out of the bye.

I am willing to bet the Broncos field a top 10 defense in the second half of the season.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a scary prospect for any QB not wearing orange. Miller may not have his breakout game this week or next. He will likely have to shake off some rust, especially this week. But his presence on the field may be enough to free up someone else to get to the QB. I see Miller turning in adequate performances this week and next, taking a deep breath during the bye week, then bucking up for a stout slate of opponents coming out of the bye.

I am willing to bet the Broncos field a top 10 defense in the second half of the season.

I think that is a reasonable expectation that would require giving up about one fewer TD per game. Could easily be the difference in deciding a game or three.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that is a reasonable expectation that would require giving up about one fewer TD per game. Could easily be the difference in deciding a game or three.

I think you are right. If you look at the first 4 games you have a lot of garbage time points. 10 to the Ravens, 7 to the Giants, 14 to the Raiders and 7 to the Eagles. Broncos opponents have scored 158 points, but only 120 of them have come in meaningful game time. Those are the points I expect to see cut down by the defense. They are going to be better early in games. With the offense playing the way they are, I expect more prevent in a lot of games, so those garbage time points are going to continue to pile up. But going forward it is the early scores in games I am most interested in seeing the team eliminate.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Von Miller will make an immediate and positive impact on the Broncos defense, even if he doesn't quickly put up gaudy sack numbers or has a little rust to shake off. Other teams will be forced to double team him and that will open up other one on one match ups for the rest of our front seven. I still think Miller will slip through a double team or two, but his presence alone makes the entire D-line all that much better. I can't wait until Sunday night! Go Broncos!

MH64

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really just hope he's put all of his BS behind him.....for good. He's such an intregal part to this defense and has the ability to change the game all by himself.

He seemed contrite during his interview after practice yesterday, so let's just hope he's really got things in perspective now and will get out there and start dropping QB's.