• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gennady Gennadyevich Golovkin - May 16th

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a cat to reunite all of us boxing fans. Nicest guy in the world, you couldn't find a better person to cheer for. Has never hit a woman. One of the highest skill guys you'll ever see, considered one of the greatest amateurs of all time, and had a ludicrous amateur record to back that up. Wants to fight 4-5 times every year. Extremely aggressive and doesn't ever want to leave a decision in the judges hands. Oh, and he punches with knockout power in both hands, to the head and the body, with several different power punches. Many mules have in fact confessed jealously that they wished they could kick as hard as he punches.

This guy may never make $200,000,000 in one fight, but he's the guy that could make the mainstream love boxing again. And he's probably the one big draw in boxing PPV once Mayweather retires. It doesn't even matter that he's fighting another nobody. That none of you have ever heard of Willie Monroe Jr. Willie is gonna get knocked out, and it's gonna be spectacular. You don't want to kiss it.

But more importantly I don't want you to miss it. GGG is by far the most feared man in boxing. Hall of Fame Miguel Cotto is begging Mayweather, Pacquiao, and even Canelo to fight him. But he's going to abandon his belt and run like a girl before he gets in the ring with GGG. Future (probable) Hall of Fame Canelo had no problem getting in the ring with Mayweather. He says he'd like to fight GGG too. Eventually. Down the road. In the future says his promoter. In other words sure as fuck not making that fight. Hall of Fame Andre Ward is an established undefeated, undisputed champion of the world at a full weight class above GGG. He says he wants to fight Gennady. He just wants a tune up fight or two first. Julio Caesar Chavez Jr has called him out on twitter and through reporters, but when GGG had his promoters put money on the table Chavez ran ducked the fight harder than anyone.

Nobody is willing to get in the ring against GGG. He's too scary. Which is why he's my favorite fighter. So he needs 100 million fans watching his fights. He needs to start giving people Mayweather kind of paydays. The kind they can't walk away from, no matter how scary they are.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amen!

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll watch it, I still think Canelo will be the biggest draw when Mayweather/Pacquiao retire (Mexicans are a huge part of the boxing world, any wonder why Mayweather wants to fight on Cinco de Mayo every year?) but GGG is turning heads.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll watch it, I still think Canelo will be the biggest draw when Mayweather/Pacquiao retire (Mexicans are a huge part of the boxing world, any wonder why Mayweather wants to fight on Cinco de Mayo every year?) but GGG is turning heads.

That's the reason GGG keeps saying he is a "Mexican Style" fighter. And they're the same size. Golovkin can't afford to duck anyone who would be willing to fight him. Not that he would want to anyways, but he just can't. Canelo is the established name, but he's also younger and made his name by fighting anyone. And while he's more popular with the Mexican and Latin American crowd, that's a bit of a double edged sword. That whole culture is still very much about machismo and being a man. Unless he comes up with a great reason, Canelo can't duck GGG.

At the very latest the two will fight each other by Cinco de Mayo 2017. I just don't see enough other options to keep them busy if they both like fighting 4-5 times a year. I just think Gennady walks all over Canelo in that fight.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dominant as always. Had a slip on the defensive end in rounds 4 & 5.

I'm sure the top fighters will continue to avoid him....little bitches

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the reason GGG keeps saying he is a "Mexican Style" fighter. And they're the same size. Golovkin can't afford to duck anyone who would be willing to fight him. Not that he would want to anyways, but he just can't. Canelo is the established name, but he's also younger and made his name by fighting anyone. And while he's more popular with the Mexican and Latin American crowd, that's a bit of a double edged sword. That whole culture is still very much about machismo and being a man. Unless he comes up with a great reason, Canelo can't duck GGG.

At the very latest the two will fight each other by Cinco de Mayo 2017. I just don't see enough other options to keep them busy if they both like fighting 4-5 times a year. I just think Gennady walks all over Canelo in that fight.

Put a smile on my face every time he started speaking spanish, ha. Dude is becoming well-liked within the Mexican community. Pacquiao kind of did the same thing when he mentioned that Julio Cesar Chavez was his favorite boxer, and that he tries to emulate that same style in the ring. Loved Golovkin's post-fight interview.

As far as Canelo vs GGG goes, I am admittedly biased as a Mexican boxing fan. So I'm tempted to say that GGG doesn't move his head as well as Canelo, and I feel like Canelo is a much better all-around fighter but at the same time I don't think GGG has faced anyone who has really pushed him to perform at his best. That's not a knock on him or his opponents, he's just in a different league. Technical fighting is great and all but I'm not sure if Canelo could match the one-punch knockout power of GGG.