• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

General Manager.........Bruce Allen?

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't really completely true. By all reported accounts lately, Shanny had to be talked into trading for/drafting RGIII, by Mr Bruce Allen. I've posted the links which make these claims before, but its been reported so it has to be considered as possible that Bruce, maybe acting as a proxy for Snyder, pressured Shanny to acquire RGIII.

If there is any truth to those reports, then it paints Bruce far more responsible for this mess and much less the innocent victim of Shanny's "final say".

Also if it can be said that Bruce was involved in the decision to acquire RGIII, it should be assumed he had some role in other personnel decisions. Much like Haslett threw Shannty under the bus to keep his job, its very possible that Bruce threw Shanny under the bus to get his promotion to become "the new sheriff". Think about how these things work, the guy that sticks around always trashes his former boss to get himself a promotion. Haslett being a perfect example. But we've all found out the fraud there. Slowly we will find out about the fraud that is Bruce Allen as GM.

I've been wondering for a while who's idea it was. Maybe Shanny needed convincing but just as your dad needed convincing to buy you that new bike the bottom line is like dad it was Shanny who made the ultimate call right? I highly doubt he would have done it while kicking and screaming, he would have simply pointed to his contract and walked if he was totally against the move.

KickSaveDave

Message Board Migrant
America's safest and most boring city: Irvine, CA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shanahan was president of all football operations and HC . your point ?

this has been gone over a number of times shanny had final say on ALL player moves and what kind of staff he had

I agree. Allen had very little, if anything, to do with talent acquisition while Shanahan was here. He may prove not to be a good GM, but you can't pin the Shanahan talent decisions on him.

I've made this claim, that Allen was involved in and had significant influence over big personnel decisions, so here is the link supporting my claim. Allen pressured Shanny to add RGIII and make the trade, against Shanny's better judgement. So those claims that Allen sat in the background while Shanny made all the calls appears to be turning out to be false.

Dispute over Redskins? Robert Griffin III could lead to showdown between Jay Gruden, Bruce Allen - The Washington Post
Allen strongly encouraged Shanahan, who had roster control, to move up in the draft to select Griffin, people within the organization say. Internally, Shanahan expressed major reservations about giving up so much for a college quarterback who did not play in a pro-style system.

But Shanahan agreed to the deal, in part, because of Allen’s persistence. After botching his first offseason in charge of the roster, trading Griffin would signal yet another failure on Allen’s part.

KickSaveDave

Message Board Migrant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been wondering for a while who's idea it was. Maybe Shanny needed convincing but just as your dad needed convincing to buy you that new bike the bottom line is like dad it was Shanny who made the ultimate call right? I highly doubt he would have done it while kicking and screaming, he would have simply pointed to his contract and walked if he was totally against the move.

This does nothing at all to mitigate that Allen's influence as GM since 2009, not just since this offseason, is a poor influence and that's the crux of the matter. Everyone talking about this being Allen's first true offseason in charge need to understand that even when he didn't have final say, he was lobbying Shanny in the wrong direction and we've paid a massively heavy price for Allen's influence.

Absolving Allen of blame because Shanny had final say is short sighted. Allen is a shitty GM, and his pressuring Shanny to make a move he didn't want to make its evidence of that.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bullshit. No one points to a contract and walks away from $21 million dollars dude. And that in effect is what you are saying Mike would have done. His contract was fully guaranteed against everything BUT one possibility..

1. He walks in which case he forfeits any future payments.

It happens in business all the time. A CEO that supposedly has final say on all matters, does something he doesn't particularly thinks is in the best interest of the company because some one on the board of directors thinks its a good idea.

KickSaveDave

Message Board Migrant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter much that Shanny had final say... people have been using that claim to make it seem like Bruce wasn't involved in personnel decisions, or that he should not be held responsible for the bad personnel calls made while Shanny was here. If the report is true, it blows that nonsense out of the water. Bruce had influence, and it was not used well. We absolutely have a right to evaluate Bruce the GM based on his tenure prior to 2014. He doesn't grade out well.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not buying it , next

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bullshit. No one points to a contract and walks away from $21 million dollars dude. And that in effect is what you are saying Mike would have done. His contract was fully guaranteed against everything BUT one possibility..

1. He walks in which case he forfeits any future payments.

It happens in business all the time. A CEO that supposedly has final say on all matters, does something he doesn't particularly thinks is in the best interest of the company because some one on the board of directors thinks its a good idea.

it is a little thing called a courtroom . shanny takes it to court and gets his money period

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've made this claim, that Allen was involved in and had significant influence over big personnel decisions, so here is the link supporting my claim. Allen pressured Shanny to add RGIII and make the trade, against Shanny's better judgement. So those claims that Allen sat in the background while Shanny made all the calls appears to be turning out to be false.

Dispute over Redskins? Robert Griffin III could lead to showdown between Jay Gruden, Bruce Allen - The Washington Post

i am looking for a source and by god i dont see one . i see dueling unnamed sources though by the article written by jason " i make up a story supporting my theory " reid

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it is a little thing called a courtroom . shanny takes it to court and gets his money period

Wait... you as a lawyer are trying to tell me that if some one signed a contract, then walked away from it they would STILL get paid?? Come on dude I havent taken the BAR Exam, but I did pretty well in my contract law class. And I do know that standard legal practice in an employment contract of any kind is that no matter whats guaranteed, if you walk away from the contract you have no legal standing to still collect on said named contract.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am looking for a source and by god i dont see one . i see dueling unnamed sources though by the article written by jason " i make up a story supporting my theory " reid

Deep Throat remained an unnamed source for 30 years after the water gate scandal broke. Should his information have simply been ignored and discounted because he wasnt willing at the time to put his name to his information?? And should the Post reporter who broke the story have been considered a fraud who was making stuff up to support his own personal theory??

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait... you as a lawyer are trying to tell me that if some one signed a contract, then walked away from it they would STILL get paid?? Come on dude I havent taken the BAR Exam, but I did pretty well in my contract law class. And I do know that standard legal practice in an employment contract of any kind is that no matter whats guaranteed, if you walk away from the contract you have no legal standing to still collect on said named contract.

wow in owner didnt abide by the contract i.e. shanny has final say in all football decisions then he can win in court .

so again shanny had final say , now if he chose to go along with it, then he made the choice because he had the leverage

get it ?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow in owner didnt abide by the contract i.e. shanny has final say in all football decisions then he can win in court .

so again shanny had final say , now if he chose to go along with it, then he made the choice because he had the leverage

get it ?

I would say I dont think you really believe that would fly. But i know you well enough to know you will stick to your guns on this one until some one comes out and puts a name to it saying it was Not Shanahans call, desire or wish to draft Griffin. And as the contract exists, you will still hold Shanahan solely responsible as he supposedly had total control.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok i am going over this again

shanny has in his contract that he has final say over all football decisions to include trades signing and draft picks

snyder wants Rg3 . he has 2 choices , force it or persuade

if he forces it by firing shanahan then shanny can get the money because snyder failed to live up to the clause in his contract . a court would support shanahan on that

2 he could send allen over to shanny and talk him into that . and if that is what happened then shanny made the damn call regardless if he was sold on it or they brain washed him

if a scout today persuades allen to sign a prospect and allen decides he is right that doesnt mean the scout runs the organization

shanny wanted a qb , he traded for DMAC right away and found him wanting

i have no doubt that all 3 guys wanted Rg3 at the time none whatsoever

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok i am going over this again

shanny has in his contract that he has final say over all football decisions to include trades signing and draft picks

snyder wants Rg3 . he has 2 choices , force it or persuade

if he forces it by firing shanahan then shanny can get the money because snyder failed to live up to the clause in his contract . a court would support shanahan on that

2 he could send allen over to shanny and talk him into that . and if that is what happened then shanny made the damn call regardless if he was sold on it or they brain washed him

if a scout today persuades allen to sign a prospect and allen decides he is right that doesnt mean the scout runs the organization

shanny wanted a qb , he traded for DMAC right away and found him wanting

i have no doubt that all 3 guys wanted Rg3 at the time none whatsoever

See, this is where this argument goes awry. My argument is that there was an organizational structure in place prior to signing MS. That organizational plan included BA as GM. Therefore, if you have to disrupt your organizational structure in order to get a HC.....pass. So the question is why was BA so willing to cede his responsibilities to MS? If it was his desire to do this he should NEVER wear the GM cap again. If it was NOT his desire to do this then he should NEVER wear the title again because he failed to protect the structure.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See, this is where this argument goes awry. My argument is that there was an organizational structure in place prior to signing MS. That organizational plan included BA as GM. Therefore, if you have to disrupt your organizational structure in order to get a HC.....pass. So the question is why was BA so willing to cede his responsibilities to MS? If it was his desire to do this he should NEVER wear the GM cap again. If it was NOT his desire to do this then he should NEVER wear the title again because he failed to protect the structure.

or he was hired for a particular role then and he did and he got added responsibility when shanny was let go

again i think we need to give allen some more time in his role

this team is a mess both on and off the field

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or he was hired for a particular role then and he did and he got added responsibility when shanny was let go

I get that, but if your actual GM is going to be your coach, say so! It confuses the hell out of people that your GM is NOT your GM but someone else is....... who by the way, is not called your GM even though the person who is officially your GM is only that by title.

KickSaveDave

Message Board Migrant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bruce Allen has been the GM here since 2009. If its a mess on AND off the field as you say (and I agree, it IS) then he bears the responsibility for that.

KickSaveDave

Message Board Migrant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not buying it , next

That's your prerogative, to bury your head in the sand and pretend that any report which you don't like is made up, but there's really no evidence to support YOUR position that this report is fictional. None at all. All the rest of the evidence out there supports that RGIII is Dan and Bruce's guy and they support him above what appears now to be TWO head Coaches.

Your new screen name should be Larry Michael.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bruce Allen has been the GM here since 2009. If its a mess on AND off the field as you say (and I agree, it IS) then he bears the responsibility for that.

well if he was truly a GM which he wasnt until this year

shanny had control of football decisions not allen

rewrite history if you want too but it is what it is

so he is in year one of him calling the shots . he got some good players he got some not so good players

if you junk him then gruden goes as well and then you are advocating a snyder move which you say is incompetent but yet you would do it

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well if he was truly a GM which he wasnt until this year

shanny had control of football decisions not allen

rewrite history if you want too but it is what it is

so he is in year one of him calling the shots . he got some good players he got some not so good players

if you junk him then gruden goes as well and then you are advocating a snyder move which you say is incompetent but yet you would do it

Washington Redskins: Bruce Allen

www.redskins.com/.../bruce-allen/8b8b7f97-4020-...

**Note the dates of hire AND titles he was hired for.

Last edited by a moderator: