• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GEEP ANYONE?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I don't take Cole as a reliable source for anything yet, just sharing.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geep Chryst expected to be named offensive coordinator of San Francisco 49ers - ESPN

"Niners missed on at least three purported candidates -- Lane Kiffin, who chose to stay at Alabama, Rob Chudzinski, who got a promotion to stay with the Indianapolis Colts, and Philadelphia receivers coach Bob Bicknell, who will stay with the Eagles in that position."

Why in the world would anyone choose to remain a wr coach instead of taking an OC job?

I can answer that. Because you paid attention to what the boss of the OC job just did to his former coaching staff, all but saying, "Coaches don't matter. This team wins because of my players."

Mock2Speed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The organization under Jed York has more leaks when if I tried to drink soup out of a strainer.

It's clear coaches around the league saw what transpired and don't want to taint their career growth with the drama that's destined to follow. The only reason why people would turn down big promotions with a premier franchise and media market.

Or maybe all the OC search was all a facade like the HC search and they had him tabbed all along, just attempting to fool us all into thinking they actually did their due diligence.

49er4life1979

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The organization under Jed York has more leaks when if I tried to drink soup out of a strainer.

It's clear coaches around the league saw what transpired and don't want to taint their career growth with the drama that's destined to follow. The only reason why people would turn down big promotions with a premier franchise and media market.

Or maybe all the OC search was all a facade like the HC search and they had him tabbed all along, just attempting to fool us all into thinking they actually did their due diligence.

As far as the OC search goes, I dont doubt that they wanted to bring in someone from the outside. But they kept Geep on board just in case they would get rejected. Now if Tomsula flops, other coaches not wanting to come to SF would be justified in going elsewhere. But if we go 11-5 or 12-4 and make the playoffs all will be forgotten.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as the OC search goes, I dont doubt that they wanted to bring in someone from the outside. But they kept Geep on board just in case they would get rejected. Now if Tomsula flops, other coaches not wanting to come to SF would be justified in going elsewhere. But if we go 11-5 or 12-4 and make the playoffs all will be forgotten.

Posts like this are disregarding reality. It's not like we've been world beaters forever and this is just a blip on the radar. We were doormats 4 years ago. This current situation resembles the pre-Harbaugh era to a T.

49er4life1979

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Posts like this are disregarding reality. It's not like we've been world beaters forever and this is just a blip on the radar. We were doormats 4 years ago. This current situation resembles the pre-Harbaugh era to a T.

Maybe. And maybe not. I prefer to see what happens in the fall first and then judge for myself. Always have to stay optimistic.

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe. And maybe not. I prefer to see what happens in the fall first and then judge for myself. Always have to stay optimistic.

Yeah, for real. We had Harbaugh last season and missed the playoffs. It's gonna be an uphill battle for our new OC. The NFCW has playoff/Superbowl quality defenses. It will be interesting to see how our offense steps up.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, for real. We had Harbaugh last season and missed the playoffs. It's gonna be an uphill battle for our new OC. The NFCW has playoff/Superbowl quality defenses. It will be interesting to see how our offense steps up.

Whelp...if we do anything remotely different...saaay FUCKING ADJUST OUR GAMEPLAN at half or PLAN AGAINST OUR OPPONENTS WEAKNESSES...I think we might have a fair shake next season. Staff is in place, check, now it's time to focus on free agents and the draft.

We'll be good...we're not going upside down with JT steering the ship.

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whelp...if we do anything remotely different...saaay FUCKING ADJUST OUR GAMEPLAN at half or PLAN AGAINST OUR OPPONENTS WEAKNESSES...I think we might have a fair shake next season. Staff is in place, check, now it's time to focus on free agents and the draft.

Clock management was on top of my list.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm going to be really pissed if Wilson signs a team-friendly deal - like a lower annual base with a record amount guaranteed (upping the guarantee would be the only way he could make up for lower base). If I were him (because I don't have millions and would probably be less secure about my future) would take 8-12 million for 7 years but instead of having three years of it guaranteed like Cutler, I'd have close to all of it guaranteed (5-7?). That would save the Seahawks annually about 6-12 million to stock their team, but guarantee that I was the starter for 5 years or more. Could he add a no-trade clause in there to further make up for lower pay? Or is that not in NFL contracts?

Maybe that 8-12 should be more like 12-16, but you get my point. Take less, but guarantee more.

Having said that, he has more leverage than that, more security in himself than I would, and of course, would like money. Here's hoping he takes too big of deal for them to keep their defense.

49er4life1979

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to be really pissed if Wilson signs a team-friendly deal - like a lower annual base with a record amount guaranteed (upping the guarantee would be the only way he could make up for lower base). If I were him (because I don't have millions and would probably be less secure about my future) would take 8-12 million for 7 years but instead of having three years of it guaranteed like Cutler, I'd have close to all of it guaranteed (5-7?). That would save the Seahawks annually about 6-12 million to stock their team, but guarantee that I was the starter for 5 years or more. Could he add a no-trade clause in there to further make up for lower pay? Or is that not in NFL contracts?

Maybe that 8-12 should be more like 12-16, but you get my point. Take less, but guarantee more.

Having said that, he has more leverage than that, more security in himself than I would, and of course, would like money. Here's hoping he takes too big of deal for them to keep their defense.

I hear ya. But most of their D is already signed to long term contracts. Sherman, Thomas, and Chancellor were already inked to deals before the 2014 season. And recently, they extended Avril and KJ Wright for 4 more seasons. So the only pieces remaining are Malcolm Smith - soon to be FA after the Super Bowl, MLB Bobby Wagner after next season, and Byron Maxwell after this season. Wagner will definitely be hard to keep, as for Maxwell and Smith, they are replaceable. And when they pay Wilson, I doubt they will have much left over to pay the rest of their offense. All their money is tied up in the defense, which I would have also done. Defense wins championships.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wouldn't shock me if we played well next year but its year 2 and 3 that I worry about or come playoff time when you need a great game plan to win.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

C'mon boss. Tomsula ain't steering this ship.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I'm very excited about Geep being our OC," Kaepernick said. "Great person, brilliant guy. And I think he's very open to what the players input is during the game, during the week. And also, open to taking shots down the field and opening up the playbook. So, excited to see what he has in store for us."

http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/Gee ... 9e65f82f3f

It sounds like the offense was not as player-input as they'd like and conservative in deep throws. Probably will see more yards, TDs, and yes, interceptions from Kaepernick this year. Maybe more sacks if he's looking deep longer, but probably not because the oline should be better and less injured (I know it's easy to exaggerate their injuries, too).