• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GEEP ANYONE?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I'm very excited about Geep being our OC," Kaepernick said. "Great person, brilliant guy. And I think he's very open to what the players input is during the game, during the week. And also, open to taking shots down the field and opening up the playbook. So, excited to see what he has in store for us."

http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/Gee ... 9e65f82f3f

It sounds like the offense was not as player-input as they'd like and conservative in deep throws. Probably will see more yards, TDs, and yes, interceptions from Kaepernick this year. Maybe more sacks if he's looking deep longer, but probably not because the oline should be better and less injured (I know it's easy to exaggerate their injuries, too).

Yes Kap and Boldin liked this move.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon boss. Tomsula ain't steering this ship.

I didn't say which way...but yes he is in fact steering the ship. It's speculation only of course but the play callin process was a disaster...too many people, no fluidity. I think Tomsula will simplify things as he had a front row for it all last season.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya. But most of their D is already signed to long term contracts. Sherman, Thomas, and Chancellor were already inked to deals before the 2014 season. And recently, they extended Avril and KJ Wright for 4 more seasons. So the only pieces remaining are Malcolm Smith - soon to be FA after the Super Bowl, MLB Bobby Wagner after next season, and Byron Maxwell after this season. Wagner will definitely be hard to keep, as for Maxwell and Smith, they are replaceable. And when they pay Wilson, I doubt they will have much left over to pay the rest of their offense. All their money is tied up in the defense, which I would have also done. Defense wins championships.

Seattle is going to feel the loss of Lynch just like when Tate left. Yes their D will be fine but offense is going to avg at best. The last couple of games I think we really saw the real R. Wilson. Now things might change if they hit some home runs in the Draft. They need a TE, WR and maybe a RB if they do let Lynch go.

Yes Defense wins but u still need a good Oline. With out a good Oline your offense will be in trouble.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say which way...but yes he is in fact steering the ship. It's speculation only of course but the play callin process was a disaster...too many people, no fluidity. I think Tomsula will simplify things as he had a front row for it all last season.

I agree with this.

CohanHater

Long Time Warrior Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone think that York and Baalke look at this staff and think, "Yep, we got better?" It's more likely that they're so self-absorbed that they don't think coaches matter. They got Baalke's puppets and think that they'll win in spite of them, not because of them.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Seattle is going to feel the loss of Lynch just like when Tate left. Yes their D will be fine but offense is going to avg at best. The last couple of games I think we really saw the real R. Wilson. Now things might change if they hit some home runs in the Draft. They need a TE, WR and maybe a RB if they do let Lynch go.

Yes Defense wins but u still need a good Oline. With out a good Oline your offense will be in trouble.

Is Lynch leaving? He's under contract through the season. I know there's speculation that he might retire or demand a trade, but I hadn't heard anything firm. Did I miss something?

Did see this from Schneider:

He knows if he comes back he's not going to be playing at the same number he's scheduled to make.

Are they asking him to take a pay cut? If anything, I figured he might be holding out for a new, richer contract. This could get interesting. He is arguably their most important piece on offense. I'll be very interested to see how Wilson looks without him.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Okay, this update:

Apparently Schneider meant he'd be playing for more. Too bad. I was getting exciting envisioning a bitter contract dispute.

Last edited by a moderator:

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
For some reason that link didn't go through. Here's the actual tweet, from Mike Salk of 710 ESPN:

For the record, I clarified with Schneider. He said Lynch knew he would play at a different number from last year. He meant more, not less.

GoreRush

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last I heard not a single offensive player had endorsed this hire or shown any enthusiasm for it.