• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT: WCSF Game 7 - Sharks at Kings - 6:00PM

caliraftdude

Sharks Hockey... meh...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that's enough for me guys. The lockout sort of cooled my momentum this year but the playoffs were pretty enjoyable. The team got farther than I thought they would and really embarrassed VAN - which was a real treat. In the end though, we just don't seem to have that "it" factor. A lot of talent, much better effort this year, some upgrades on the coaching staff but another exit. You have to tip your hat to LA though - good team, complete team.

I am going to go exercise my trigger finger for a while.

l8r~

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True but if Torres and Havlat are in the game that line 3 looks pretty damn good... and line 4 might not have been shoddy for 4 games either. However - they were not there... you have to play with what you got and in the end the **team** didn't get it done.

Yeah team didn't get it done. Every phase of the team failed just enough times to lose this series. PK, strong all year, weakened (horrible finish to game 2). Goaltending, great saves mixed in with weak goals. PP couldn't get it done and couldn't even apply consistent pressure at times (good LA pk).

If I had to put blame on some skaters it would be Pavelski as a forward and Irwin as the dman. Both seemed like liabilities this series.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:think: I wonder what Doug Wilson will say about this team?

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:think: I wonder what Doug Wilson will say about this team?

Haha.. no you don't.

Here, I'll save you the trouble:

"Our organization is proud of how the Sharks competed and developed as a team, especially in a shortened season, blah blah blah.... and while we can't help but be disappointed at the end result, we look forward to the next full season and to taking more of your money."

(minus that last part, I think) :P

snowsurfer13sss

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Im still proud of this team, didnt do much wrong in this series. We need to sign Torres and hopefully get another solid 3rd line player and Ill be happy. Well and trade Havlat or buy him out...

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If a average Havlat and Torres were in this series, then the outcome would be different.

Agreed. You are talking about 2 top 9 forwards being out.
Torres not being in there definitely changed the dynamic. LA would have been making those outlet passes a hell of a lot faster with him bearing down on them...
I thought they did as well as they could with the lineup they had.