• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT - WCSF (Game 4) Sharks at Red Wings - 4:00pm

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:mad2:
I'm pissed, but ohwell bring on game #5

:mad2:
No Mercy!!!!

:yell:

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I missed the game, so I gather the 2nd line had a great night and everyone else, not so much?

I saw the replay of the goals:
- tough break on the bertuzzi one as it was a backhand from rather far out that deflected off murray. puck luck evens out a bit there.
- terrible rebound is lidstrom v. 1.0. cant kick out something that juicy to a guy like that.
- reduculous hands on lidstrom v. 2.0. That's why he might be the best Dman ever. What a goal. just tip your hat.
- Goal 4 seemed like Nichol had the puck for a second near the blueline and lost it. Was that right? Also, pavs was way out of position running around. That last one was largely on him as all he needed to do what get his head up and cover the front of the net and the play woulda been fine.

I saw the nice trip patty got away with in front of net on boyle's goal. That is a penalty without a doubt :-) nice break there. Speaking of MR. Marleau: 0 pts, -1 thus far. What a stud. He is the only top 9 forward without a point in the series. Amazing that the sharks are up 3-1 with marleau being such a loser.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I missed the game, so I gather the 2nd line had a great night and everyone else, not so much?

- tough break on the bertuzzi one as it was a backhand from rather far out that deflected off murray. puck luck evens out a bit there.
- terrible rebound is lidstrom v. 1.0. cant kick out something that juicy to a guy like that.
- reduculous hands on lidstrom v. 2.0. That's why he might be the best Dman ever. What a goal. just tip your hat.
- Goal 4 seemed like Nichol had the puck for a second near the blueline and lost it. Was that right? Also, pavs was way out of position running around. That last one was largely on him as all he needed to do what get his head up and cover the front of the net and the play woulda been fine.

I saw the nice trip patty got away with in front of net on boyle's goal. That is a penalty without a doubt :-) nice break there. Speaking of MR. Marleau: 0 pts, -1 thus far. What a stud. He is the only top 9 forward without a point in the series. Amazing that the sharks are up 3-1 with marleau being such a loser.

atleast your solidifying yourself as the board idiot(at times) :ipw: Call out pavelski when he goes blank the next round.

This has been the worst playoff run Marleaus had since Wilsons last season, that being said, the way he has been dodging contact leads me to believe he may have a boo boo.

Granted he has slowly been getting better each game, slowly but it's better then nothing. It's kind of like Heatler was, it's only a matter of time before he takes off.

I look forward to the day that you understand the ebbs and flows of players and their production, then you might actually get a grasp on the whole picture:grouphug:

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
atleast your solidifying yourself as the board idiot(at times) :ipw: Call out pavelski when he goes blank the next round.

This has been the worst playoff run Marleaus had since Wilsons last season, that being said, the way he has been dodging contact leads me to believe he may have a boo boo.

Granted he has slowly been getting better each game, slowly but it's better then nothing. It's kind of like Heatler was, it's only a matter of time before he takes off.

I look forward to the day that you understand the ebbs and flows of players and their production, then you might actually get a grasp on the whole picture:grouphug:

I just called out pavs on the 4th goal. He was way out of position sliding to block a shot with 3 sharks already taking the puck carrier. If he slides to the front of the net, helm never scores...

Also, I understand ebbs and flows. A bad game here and there is fine. However, 4 bad games is not if you are a really key cog in the wheel. In the regular season, disappearing for 5 or 10 games may ultimately be the difference between a 2 seed and a 4 seed, but in the PO's, that's the end of the season right there. To win a cup, the best players need to play as the best. Last year, pavs, jumbo and heater had 4 bad games against chicago (with patty as the only good one), and that was the end. Good players cant take such long stretches without doing something good. It's been 10 games and patty does not have a single point on the PP either despite what amounts to probably 30-40 minutes of PP ice time thus far. Its terribad.

note: his production per minute played (PROD) is dead last among top 9 forwards and by a ton (he produces a point per 44 mins, seto per 34). Even Wallin has produced more offence per ice time than patty. At least, he hasnt been whistled for a penalty.

I am sorry that you think calling patty out for his disappearing act makes me an ass. If it wasnt for Jumbo's newly inspired play, wellwood's great passing, the 2nd line stepping up and basically the depth showing, then patty's difficiencies thus far would be alot more glaring.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Actually all the top 9 played a good game after the half way mark of the 1st period. Even before that they weren't really bad just didn't get the bounces.

For Marleau, he's had a much better series against Detroit than he did against LA. He's play along the boards and his puck management have been much improved. He's also played incredible on the PK. It'd be nice to see him score a little more but I'll gladly take zero points from him if he keeps improving and playing smart hockey like he has been.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know, I think that's pretty harsh Korky. Rules does have a strong bias against Marleau, but he has had a pretty underwhelming playoffs thus far (though he's gotten better against Detroit). I do find it funny that he was pretty light handed on Pavs (as bad as he would had Marleau done it) for his part in Detroit's GWG and then turns his post into a Marleau bash. But to be fair, I'm overly harsh on Heatley. We all have our players who we hate more than we should and love more than we should. I'd hardly call Rules an idiot. He's a smart guy, granted, me and him disagree on a lot of issues in regards to hockey. That said, it's just a difference of opinion. I think if we look hard enough, we can find faults in anybody's game. He just happens to focus in on Marleu that's all.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For Marleau, he's had a much better series against Detroit than he did against LA. He's play along the boards and his puck management have been much improved. He's also played incredible on the PK. It'd be nice to see him score a little more but I'll gladly take zero points from him if he keeps improving and playing smart hockey like he has been.

Yeah, the goals aren't there but Marleau is getting better in the other areas... He's not playing flawless hockey out there but he hasn't sucked as bad as he did earlier in the playoffs.

Defensively, he's been pretty fucking fantastic. He was the only one who could clear the puck out to get a line change on that flurry with 3 minutes left in the game, too. We'll never know if the Wings would have scored on that shift and it doesn't matter because they scored 2 shifts later but just sayin'...

Also, yes, his PK play has been very good, as always.

So, in summary, his offense has been terribly disappointing but he's made up for it in other places.

*cue up rules post about how it's still not good because points-to-salary-paid is ridiculous* :p

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I try not to make it personal against other people on the board, but im used to it...

Anyways, I didnt mean to be light on pavs on the final goal. He was way out of position, but it's not 100% on him either. Nichol failed to clear a puck near the blue line and demers was guarding nobody in front. Still, pavs was the #1 man on that goof.

I know I'm overboard on patty. I've been frustrated by the guy for a looooong time watching him dominate, then disappear for long stretches. Drives me nuts. I missed last game, so he mighta been better in game 4, but in the first 3 games, he was less than amazing. Either way, I hope he starts picking it up cuz heater and jumbo have certainly elevated their game this PO's and the sharks will need patty to produce if they want to win a cup in the end.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I try not to make it personal against other people on the board, but im used to it...

Anyways, I didnt mean to be light on pavs on the final goal. He was way out of position, but it's not 100% on him either. Nichol failed to clear a puck near the blue line and demers was guarding nobody in front. Still, pavs was the #1 man on that goof.

I know I'm overboard on patty. I've been frustrated by the guy for a looooong time watching him dominate, then disappear for long stretches. Drives me nuts. I missed last game, so he mighta been better in game 4, but in the first 3 games, he was less than amazing. Either way, I hope he starts picking it up cuz heater and jumbo have certainly elevated their game this PO's and the sharks will need patty to produce if they want to win a cup in the end.

Hey when you start calling Pavelski a loser when he performs poorly ill stop giving you grief, im just asking for you to be objective.

Like i said i wouldnt doubt if he is having a shoulder problem again because he isnt really shooting and is having trouble getting pucks like that icing, and he is avoiding contact.

Marleau is typically way more physical in his play, so it seems there is an injury issue. And the way Pavelski is taking a beating this series i'd be the least bit shocked if he ends up a little banged up going into the next series

lol i love the homer annoucer saying its a blindside hit:csb:

Last edited by a moderator:

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't know, I think that's pretty harsh Korky. Rules does have a strong bias against Marleau, but he has had a pretty underwhelming playoffs thus far (though he's gotten better against Detroit). I do find it funny that he was pretty light handed on Pavs (as bad as he would had Marleau done it) for his part in Detroit's GWG and then turns his post into a Marleau bash. But to be fair, I'm overly harsh on Heatley. We all have our players who we hate more than we should and love more than we should. I'd hardly call Rules an idiot. He's a smart guy, granted, me and him disagree on a lot of issues in regards to hockey. That said, it's just a difference of opinion. I think if we look hard enough, we can find faults in anybody's game. He just happens to focus in on Marleu that's all.

Hey! Did you miss the "At times" part :boink:

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, they don't necessarily, though... that's the point.

With scoring coming from other lines (as of now, anyway), the team is fine with him contributing in the other areas (where others are not).

As an example, Heatley is still fucking horrible on the defensive end and takes stupid ass penalties every game.

But he's scored a couple goals so you call that "elevating his game"? :L

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No, they don't necessarily, though... that's the point.

With scoring coming from other lines (as of now, anyway), the team is fine with him contributing in the other areas (where others are not).

As an example, Heatley is still fucking horrible on the defensive end and takes stupid ass penalties every game.

But he's scored a couple goals so you call that "elevating his game"? :L

Heatler does look like a 3 legged cat trying to bury a turd on the ice at times in the defensive zone, but he did fall down in front of Kronwalls shot in the OT:kk:

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
they will need him to produce against the nucks (assuming that is the next round). Their depth has been great, but LA was an obviously inferior opponent and the wings are old with inconsistent goaltending, which is why I really wanted this matchup rather than chicago.

The nucks dont have an obvious weakness. Their best players are right in their primes. Their D has at least 5 legit scoring threats and is pretty good defensively. They have 3 scoring lines (though I think the sharks have the better depth up front), and their goalie is good. The sharks will have to be firing on all cylinders to beat them and patty producing is one of those really key cylinders. It will be really hard to beat the nucks without him producing at both ends.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they will need him to produce against the nucks (assuming that is the next round). Their depth has been great, but LA was an obviously inferior opponent and the wings are old with inconsistent goaltending, which is why I really wanted this matchup rather than chicago.

The nucks dont have an obvious weakness. Their best players are right in their primes. Their D has at least 5 legit scoring threats and is pretty good defensively. They have 3 scoring lines (though I think the sharks have the better depth up front), and their goalie is good. The sharks will have to be firing on all cylinders to beat them and patty producing is one of those really key cylinders. It will be really hard to beat the nucks without him producing at both ends.

You obviously didn't watch much of the Chicago-Vancouver series... :L

EDIT: But anyway, let's worry about Vancouver if the Sharks get there. For all we know, they are capable of losing the next 3 vs. Detroit...

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Nucks have 2 obvious weaknesses that I've seen. That said, it's up to the Sharks to take advantage of them.

1.) Luongo/traffic - the guy HATES traffic in front of him. Clowe, Thornton, Pavelski and anybody else willing to stand in front of the net are going to have to annoy him and get in his kitchen. I wouldn't mind seeing the snow showers continue IF the Sharks make it to Round 3.

2.) Physical Play - the Nucks have a lot of hot heads on that team like Kesler, Burrass and Bieksa. If we can get under their skin instead of them ours, they can get off their game. Also, the Robots can't handle the physical play. Their play has significantly tapered off against the much more physical Predators. When Chicago turned up the heat and started playing ugly hockey, Vancouver came unglued.

The only problem is, the Sharks still have to get INTO the 3rd round and they have to up the ante if/when they do get there by paying the price in front of the net and playing the body.

That said, the Sharks have their own weaknesses and I'm sure Vancouver and Nashville are well aware of them.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
dont get me wrong, I didnt mean that the nucks are unbeatable. They are susceptible to being outworked and if you shut down the twins, they definitely have trouble scoring (hence the sharks advantage in scoring depth). Also Lu is anything but a proven PO goalie, so I'm not saying the sharks have no chance. Not at all...

Just that they have little gaping holes. The sharks can definitely beat them if they make luongo's life tough, play very strong defense against the twins, and work very hard grinding it out and tiring the vancouver D. They rely heavily on their top 4 (ehrhoff, edler, bieksa, and hamuis) so the sharks can wear them down.

of course, we cant count out the wings just yet... gotta take care of business tomorrow.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Vancouver is very beatable especially with Loungo in net and the fact that all of their Dmen are the same player, all offense and suspect defense. When they get pressured and started getting hit and ground down they come undone and its a nightmare in their own zone.

Then theres always the Bobby Lou factor, in you dont know which goalie is showing up.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weird... Setoguchi deleted his Twitter account?

Twitter

He was mostly funny on there... wonder if management told him he had to get rid of it after he posted that stuff about Terry Murray not shaking hands...

Couture, Clowe and the other couple Sharks still have their accounts. #weird

Explanation by Pierre LeBrun and awesome reply by uhh.. someone random:

Twitter

koblix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTH....you guys already assume that the Wings gave up this series!!! I think the pressure is on us, BIG. We need to win this one, else I see game 7.