• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT - WCSF (Game 4) Sharks at Red Wings - 4:00pm

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
San Jose.png @ Detroit.png

Series: 3-0 Sharks

WCSF Series Recaps
GAME 1: 2-1 (OT) San Jose - Recap
GAME 2: 2-1 San Jose - Recap
GAME 3: 4-3 (OT) San Jose - Recap

Playoff Top Scorers: San Jose
Clowe: 4 Goals - 5 Assists - 9 Points
Thornton: 2 Goals - 7 Assists - 9 Points
Couture: 2 Goals - 5 Assist - 7 Points

Playoff Top Scorers: Detroit
Datsyuk: 3 Goals - 6 Assist - 9 Points
Holmstrom: 2 Goals - 4 Assists - 6 Points
Lidstrom: 2 Goals - 3 Assist - 5 Points

San Jose Sharks Line-Up
Marleau - Thornton - Setoguchi
Heatley - Couture - Clowe
Wellwood - Pavelski - Mitchell
Mayers - Nichol - Ferriero

Boyle - Murray
Demers - Vlasic
White - Wallin

Niemi

Detroit Red Wings Line-Up
Franzen - Datsyuk - Holmstrom
Cleary - Zetterberg - Bertuzzi
Hudler - Abdelkader - Filppula
Draper - Helm - Eaves

Lidstrom - Stuart
Rafalski - Ericsson
Kronwall - Salei

Howard

AP Preview

rhapproved.jpg

Go Sharks!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice GDT set-up. As nice as a sweep of the Red Wings? Probably not, but I don't think that is going to happen anyway. Can't wait for four o'clock, though. What a great night for sports.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:hockeysmile:

You know what you need to do, SO DO IT!!!!

BELIEVE!!!!

:director:

LeTs Go Sharks!!!!

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The players are talking about last year and what happened in game 4 (7-1 loss). I am okay if they come back to SJ and clinch in game 5. Too much time off can hurt them. Still, plan A should be to sweep.

GO Sharks!

Nimesis23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I was talking to my friend about this a few days ago and I thought I would ask you all this interesting question/thought experiment I had. Most of us here have been watching the Sharks for a long time (I've been watching for about 15 years now), and over that time the Red Wings have always represented this threatening presence looming over the Sharks' playoff chances. I've been scared of the Red Wings as a Sharks fan for years and years, and now for once it seems like the tables have turned.

My question is this basically, would you guys trade a game 1 loss in the next round just to see the Sharks absolutely crush the Red Wings tonight in dominating fashion? I'm talking about like a 5-0 or 6-0 obliteration, an absolute statement game. I asked my friend this question and without hesitating he said he would absolutely love to see that happen. I have yet to see the Sharks ever really make a definitive statement in a one game outing by absolutely demolishing the other team in the playoffs, and I was just wondering how many of you would be willing to give up Game 1 of the next series just to see the Sharks demolish the Red Wings tonight in this series clinching elimination game. I think I'd be willing to make that trade just for the statement it would make and just for the memories, but how many of you would do the same?

Nimesis23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Before I get flamed for being an arrogant cocky bastard, I just wanted to make it clear I wasn't suggesting that the Sharks are GOING to do this, I just wondered how many people would make that trade just to see the Wings demolished and having our "demons" as Sharks fans exorcised definitively.

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was talking to my friend about this a few days ago and I thought I would ask you all this interesting question/thought experiment I had. Most of us here have been watching the Sharks for a long time (I've been watching for about 15 years now), and over that time the Red Wings have always represented this threatening presence looming over the Sharks' playoff chances. I've been scared of the Red Wings as a Sharks fan for years and years, and now for once it seems like the tables have turned.

My question is this basically, would you guys trade a game 1 loss in the next round just to see the Sharks absolutely crush the Red Wings tonight in dominating fashion? I'm talking about like a 5-0 or 6-0 obliteration, an absolute statement game. I asked my friend this question and without hesitating he said he would absolutely love to see that happen. I have yet to see the Sharks ever really make a definitive statement in a one game outing by absolutely demolishing the other team in the playoffs, and I was just wondering how many of you would be willing to give up Game 1 of the next series just to see the Sharks demolish the Red Wings tonight in this series clinching elimination game. I think I'd be willing to make that trade just for the statement it would make and just for the memories, but how many of you would do the same?

I'd rather get embarrassed in 3 straight vs DET if it meant winning the first game of the next series. But to each his own.

Would you trade every asset you had to feel rich for just one night? Eye on the prize, man.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a lot easier to choose when you have foreknowledge of future games. I for one hope the Sharks win tonight and then whatever happens, happens. If the Sharks are good enough, they'll find a way to win game 1 of next series no matter how long they've been off. And besides, it's really looking like both San Jose and Vancouver will have about the same amount of time off before the next round anyway.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wouldn't make that trade. The Sharks will make a different, yet, same level of volume statement if they complete the sweep in a one goal victory. When you think about it, the Wings aren't some huge hurdle for the Sharks. In the mid 90s they played to a 1-1 playoff series outcome. Of course, the Wings were the obvious powerhouse team with the Sharks being the little annoying bug that flies around. In recent times, they are also 1-1. A 6-0 victory would only scare me into thinking the Sharks will take it easy the next game due to overconfidence.

Off topic
PS: wtf is this??? :squeeze:

caliraftdude

Sharks Hockey... meh...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't make that trade. The Sharks will make a different, yet, same level of volume statement if they complete the sweep in a one goal victory. When you think about it, the Wings aren't some huge hurdle for the Sharks. In the mid 90s they played to a 1-1 playoff series outcome. Of course, the Wings were the obvious powerhouse team with the Sharks being the little annoying bug that flies around. In recent times, they are also 1-1. A 6-0 victory would only scare me into thinking the Sharks will take it easy the next game due to overconfidence.

I agree - The Sharks need to come out and play their game, and play it hard and well. The Red Wings are in a corner and I expect them to come out like a spinning ball of razor blades. I don't think the Sharks have 100% control over the outcome of this game - the Wings have a lot to say about it and will. What I want to see is a solid 3 periods of play, smart handling of the puck and a continuation of the work that has got us to this spot. If we put out our best effort and a desperate team beats us tonight - I am ok with it. I have faith that over 4 games - a hard playing Shark team, this team, will get it done.

PS: wtf is this??? :squeeze:

yeah, I keep seeing it. I get what it is... I just dont understand what context you would use a smiley piled on top a mountain of tits.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What channel is this game on besides VS? (since I assume they'll switch to Philly/Boston at 5PM?)

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
hopefully they get to howard early so he loses it and its over quick

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is Mayers playing?

Or in the NHL for that matter?

Nimesis23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
FUCK!!! Boyle fans and it ends up in our net...

Nimesis23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Why is Mayers playing?

Or in the NHL for that matter?

I still don't understand how this guy got a roster spot but Owen couldn't land one. Owen must have fucked Doug's daughter or something to become this hated by management.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.. Yep, I've definitely seen this movie before.

See you guys Sunday.

Nimesis23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Why the hell can't this team ever get their shit together in the FIRST elimination game?

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.. Yep, I've definitely seen this movie before.

See you guys Sunday.

Looks like Mother's Day plans are going to be lunchtime not dinner time (5pm Sunday gametime). DET looks pissed. Sharks look like they want to go on the plane back to SJ.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck Versus

Clowe's goal was an "unearned goal".