• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT - WCSF (Game 4) Sharks at Red Wings - 4:00pm

caliraftdude

Sharks Hockey... meh...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we have seen this music before: DET is throwing everything but the kitchen sink and are getting the momentum and bounces. The luck they had in game 3 is not going to happen here as it seems that DET other than Dats is awake.

They can get back in this game, but they need to actually start playing in the DET zone. They need to:

Start hitting anything red. These passive chicken-shit plays are not going to get it done. You dont wear anyone out being "bigger".. you need to put that size into some checking.

Try some fore checking, lack of puck possession in the DET zone is killing us.

Need to start winning those battles to loose pucks and making smarter breakouts. DET has been onto our game 1/2 strategy and we got away with it game 3. Lets try something a bit different.

GO SHARKS!

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wings are my 2nd favorite team...

...but finish 'em

caliraftdude

Sharks Hockey... meh...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't understand how this guy got a roster spot but Owen couldn't land one. Owen must have fucked Doug's daughter or something to become this hated by management.

Mayers looks horrible.. he had a game in the first series where I thought for a minute he might actually be useful - I was incorrect... he was as useless as I believed him to be when we signed him. Nolan would have been a far, far better sign.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayers can't get the puck out of his own zone. Boyle is either fumbling the puck or getting in the way. Marleau? I just saw him on a milk carton.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck Versus

Clowe's goal was an "unearned goal".

Also, the play by play guy said "a great first period" twice at the end of the first. They didn't specify that it was great for the Wings (which it was, give the Wings full credit for their effort)... but he just said it was "great" in general.

They definitely want this series to go on a little longer lol.

Nimesis23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Marleau's been MIA this entire series. Joe's making an impact on both ends and Heater has been throwing some nice hits this series, but Patty has been absolutely nonexistent. Where the hell is the old Patty who turned into a goal-scoring machine in the playoffs?

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marleau's been MIA this entire series. Joe's making an impact on both ends and Heater has been throwing some nice hits this series, but Patty has been absolutely nonexistent. Where the hell is the old Patty who turned into a goal-scoring machine in the playoffs?

I agree hes been invisible... but the good side is that the Sharks have been succeeding with both him and Boyle playing bad. Imagine IF he picks it up, how dangerous this team can be.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Marleau was so hot at the end of the regular season. He was lighting it up, and now nothing.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are these the Detroit announcers (on VS)?

caliraftdude

Sharks Hockey... meh...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree hes been invisible... but the good side is that the Sharks have been succeeding with both him and Boyle playing bad. Imagine IF he picks it up, how dangerous this team can be.

Yeah - there were a few rushes where he was just gliding to the net and needed to be charging to the front of the goal... same lack of basic hustle as usual. If he gets physical and starts going to the net he can be something but at this point... useless.

I would scratch mayers and put patty on line 4 - at a minimum it would boost the 4th line some.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice one, Jim...

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
2 games in a row now the sharks have come out and been reactive not proactive. Its the reason they are down 2 goals.

They need to start initiating hit's and moving their feet, they still have a chance in this game but they truly have to pick it up. Next goal is huge

Nimesis23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Despite getting outplayed in the first, I'm still glad to see they haven't folded completely the way they seemed to in the LA series in a couple of the games.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow.. is there ANY possible chance that they'll call a penalty on Detroit tonight?

I say "no way"...

Nimesis23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Bettman probably sent a memo to the refs when he thought about the possibility of there being a SJ vs. TB Stanley Cup Finals. That would be a ratings nightmare for the NHL.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wow.. is there ANY possible chance that they'll call a penalty on Detroit tonight?

I say "no way"...

I said it in the first couple of games, the calls where going to swing the other way sooner or later. That being said the sharks are due to get a call in their favor or :flypig:

word:stevie:

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's cool... I get the "you get the calls at home" thing and you can argue the Sharks did in Games 1-2.

But still... Penalty-free game by Detroit is hard to believe.