• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT - WCSF (Game 2) Red Wings at Sharks - 12:00PM

Toolrulzz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, what a great performance from San Jose. Their compete level was awesome and they seemed to control a majority of the game. Niemi was flat out awesome today. Howard also played extremely well outside of Wallin's GWG (did that really happen???). Not an easy save but one that you would expect to be made. I'm usually a nervous wreck but I didn't feel uneasy until Zetterberg's goal. The first 54 minutes or so the Sharks were clearly the better team. The Wings looked really good once they got that PP goal. Not too much to complain about with this one. And you really can't ask for much more than going to Detroit up 2-0. Go Sharks!

madcap9999

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This team seems to have matured and stopped folding when the heat is on. Couple years ago we'd be in overtime right now.

Nimesis23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Man I haven't been as proud of this team as I am right now in years. They've struggled to hit that switch to amp up their play in the playoffs over the past 5-6 years and they finally seem to have done that these past 2 games. They played like shit against LA, but they have utterly dominated the Wings in these past 2 games. I'm really happy with their play and even Niemi looked pretty good today. Lets hope they don't revert back to how they played against LA when they travel to the Joe.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marleau is a worthless turd

It was about this time last year that Marleau starting getting going, hopefully something similar happens this year too. Something's off about his game, not sure if it's mental or physical.

FWIW, I think Heatley has been good in the Detroit series so far. Better than I ever expected from him.

SharkFan0720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The compete level of each player was exceptional. I know it was 2-1, but we kicked their ass. The Sharks physical play was just awesome. Its so weird, Im usually so negative on these boards, but I was just so proud of the effort the entire game. The Sharks are finally using their size and I felt just abused Detroit's D men down low. Is Murray on the juice? Holy shit he was crushing people. I cant say enough about the defensive play of each player. Even before his goal I said Wallin was playing very well. I thought for the most part he was pretty fricking good today.

Only negative- We have to beat them two more times!!!

SharkFan0720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It was about this time last year that Marleau starting getting going, hopefully something similar happens this year too. Something's off about his game, not sure if it's mental or physical.

FWIW, I think Heatley has been good in the Detroit series so far. Better than I ever expected from him.

Heater played very well. He was actually hitting people, nice to see.

SharkFan0720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Man I haven't been as proud of this team as I am right now in years. They've struggled to hit that switch to amp up their play in the playoffs over the past 5-6 years and they finally seem to have done that these past 2 games. They played like shit against LA, but they have utterly dominated the Wings in these past 2 games. I'm really happy with their play and even Niemi looked pretty good today. Lets hope they don't revert back to how they played against LA when they travel to the Joe.

Said Perfect!!!

SharkFan0720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Who in the hell were those guys out there today??? I cant stop posting. I know theres a long way to go, but that was maybe the best effort I have seen from the Sharks since Ricci's days. They are playing blue collar hockey, which is just fantastic to see. Just really proud of the play today.

caliraftdude

Sharks Hockey... meh...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solid collective game by the Sharks. I thought DET started to pick up in a few areas (well, to be honest the rest are starting to get close to the effort that Dats buts in.. good god he is amazing to watch) but I think we upped the physical play... especially in our zone. I was *very* impressed with the puck management in our zone - that's how you win games in the playoffs.

Eager - What the hell happened to you? Take a vitamin or something..

Marleau - you sack! Let me put it clearly: when "The Potato's" wrist shot is superior to yours and IS DOING A BETTER JOB DRIVING THE OPPONENT'S NET then it is time for you to get your shit together. You have Eager to thank for not being the worst out there.

Bitching aside - excellent start to the series.. If the Sharks keep playing like this they are going to be handful to whomever finishes that grueling NSH/VAN series..

GO SHARKS!

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great Game. Hope to keep it going. Lots of standout players, but Jumbo stood out amongst them all. And Nemo of course.

caliraftdude

Sharks Hockey... meh...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who in the hell were those guys out there today??? I cant stop posting. I know theres a long way to go, but that was maybe the best effort I have seen from the Sharks since Ricci's days. They are playing blue collar hockey, which is just fantastic to see. Just really proud of the play today.

In short - a team playing to its potential. I think that is whats been so frustrating, we all know the team has talent and you get those times where it looks unstoppable. Today was an example of how good this team is when everyone puts in the work and gets on the same sheet of music!

Relo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jumbo played very well again today. Todd mentioned the final faceoff win with 13 seconds to go that helped seal it.

Those of you have been around for awhile have seen last second meltdowns that have resulted in very bad outcomes.

Keep it up, the Big Joe!

Nimesis23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well... to quote Harvey Keitel in Pulp Fiction... "Let's not start sucking each other's dicks quite yet". We've still got two tough games to get through at the Joe and this series could be completely different by the time the team gets back home.

koblix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha ha ha....should we have more noon game? :). Sharks put together a great game today. Way to go Sharks!!!!

ads_2006

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i did feel uneasy when Marleau overskated/ missed the puck down in detroits zone.30 seconds to go, empty net, and he misses the puck. WTF

SharkFan0720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Man, Wings fans are the worst. All they do is complain about the officials. You gusys have to go to ESPN and read their board, its sad.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was the perfect scenario for the Sharks to lose. Weekend matinee after winning the opener. DET was regrouped after their game 1 rust was off. The Sharks started off having to kill an early penalty and it seemed like it was going to be a battle of special teams, which Sharks fan would feel very nervous about. Now let's see some killer instinct. Win game 3 and the series is in the bag.