• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT - WCF (Game 3) Canucks at Sharks - 6:00PM

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, you can see how Chi and Nash got back into their respective series against VAN. Sharks need to stay focused and win Game 4 then try to get Game 5 also.

Do you guys realize that's the first time in Sharks history they're won a Rounds 3 game at home?

Now that I think about it, this was Jumbo's first win in the conference finals as well. Also long overdue.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's super late (2:30 am) but I'm watching the 3rd period on the versus replay. Sharks came out with some serious hustle and energy to start the game. With the exception of the McGinn penalty (which I have yet to see), the Sharks looked as if they played nearly a complete game. The Sharks definitely picked up their physicality because despite being the bigger team, they were getting smacked around in BC for the first 2 games. This team is not close to being effective if they don't win the physical battle. McGinn's hit is borderline for me and he could have used better judgment, but you can't question his physicality.

It also looked as if the Sharks weren't thinking as much (analysis = paralysis) and were more decisive in their passing and movement.

I just hope they can use this as momentum for Sunday. As of right now, Demers is still listed as having an upper body injury - nothing has yet to be disclosed (not surprising) so I would doubt he returns in time for Sunday. Albeit, Rome and Ehrhoff look to be out - shoulder injury for Ehrhoff and a possible concussion for Rome:

Canucks' defense takes two hits -- to Ehrhoff, Rome -- in Game 3 loss - NHL - Sporting News

TMac agrees with the call on the ice against McGinn.

EDIT: Just seeing the McGinn hit on Rome - I'm on the shelf for the game misconduct there. I guess the refs are reacting to the fact that Rome was knocked out in addition to the blood. Not sure if I heard that the VS announcers felt it was a 2 minute penalty - They're both mentioning that McGinn should have let up on that hit. Eager wasn't suspended for his hit on Sedin but I doubt the league screws up a second time - McGinn is probably going on the shelf for at least 1 game.

Mr. Teal

Non-tipper
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sharks have always made their fans sweat it out.

For McGinn, well I think his hit was legit but it doesn't matter what I think. The hit will be reviewed and McGinn will probably sit next game but I say "way to goon it up McGinn!" The Sharks needed more physical presence and they got it.

Nuck's almost came back though. That was rough.

If the sharks can even this up tomorrow, they'll have a head full of steam that will be tough to stop. Keep up the physical play and take advantage of Canuck mistakes. They're making a lot of mistakes.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I was reading the kerry fraser section on TSN, and even he said that was a 2 minute call, the only reason it was a 5 was because rome started bleeding. He feltt that Rome knew the hit was coming and could've done a better job of bracing himself, he essentially says that it was also a good hit.

But he covers the ref by saying it was the right call, but mainly due to the end result of the hit not the actual hit.

Translation, Mcginn shouldnt be suspended and it was a legal hit. But because Rome did nothing to protect himself and basically drew that penalty

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cmon (or anyone else), is there really a rule that says there's an automatic suspension if you get two game misconducts in the same postseason?

If so, McGinn is automatically gone for next game, eh?

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Cmon (or anyone else), is there really a rule that says there's an automatic suspension if you get two game misconducts in the same postseason?

Thats another open to Colon Campbell rule, it usually does when it results in a head injury, kind of what happened to Thornton and the blues earlier this season.

However if it's deemed the wrong call was made, which almost everyone and their mother is claiming it is, they usually waive that part. Then again Torres tried to take off Jordan Eberles head and they suspeneded him, then he kills a ducks player the exact same way and nothing happened, and everyone thought he shouldve been done for the year

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Pretty much what Korky said. 2 major penalties accompanied with game misconducts results in an automatic discipinary hearing. If both misconducts are upheld it results in a manditory suspension. Campbell and Co. have the right to recind one of the misconducts if they don't feel it was warrented giving them the option to not impliment any suplimental discipline.

McGinn's hearing is scheduled for 2:30PM Pacific today.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You know, i dont think its really been covered enough, but Marleaus first goal of the game was far more impressive then his break away. Im actually still shocked that got through

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, i dont think its really been covered enough, but Marleaus first goal of the game was far more impressive then his break away. Im actually still shocked that got through

By reading your entry I just had a mad epiphany - I know Pavs played a craptacular game from an offensive perspective, but his defense on the PK (namely that 5 - 3) was flat out ridiculous. :lock1:

Last edited by a moderator:

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
By reading your entry I just had a mad epiphany - I know Pavs played a craptacular game from an offensive perspective, but his defense on the PK (namely that 5 - 3) was flat out ridiculous. :lock1:

I actually missed most of the second due to playing black ops lol, but everyone was talking about how he had 1 good shift that game on the pk.

I thought he actually looked decent in the first period along with the rest of that line.

But he needs to score