• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT - WCF (Game 3) Canucks at Sharks - 6:00PM

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i heard that homer say San Diego Sharks too.....had to rewind it a couple times to make sure I heard him right. What a dumbass. I want Randy and Drew.

Sadly that's not the first time they've been called San Diego on a national broadcast. I think it was Gary Thorne that called them San Diego which means it would have been back in 2004 or earlier. Sadly, I'd have to venture a guess that those 2 aren't the only instances, just the ones that I heard. Not that it really matters, but still. You'd think they could remember which city they're staying in.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turco is an anlyst on NHL Network in the studio right now post-game...

Oh, this could be good...

Nimesis23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Elaine looked pretty angry in his post game comments. Also Rome and Ehrhoff are possibly both out for Game 4. I agree with what was said earlier about hammering their D repeatedly. They are definitely dynamic offensively, but I"m not sure they can take the pressure if you bring the hammer shift after shift.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elaine looked pretty angry in his post game comments. Also Rome and Ehrhoff are possibly both out for Game 4. I agree with what was said earlier about hammering their D repeatedly. They are definitely dynamic offensively, but I"m not sure they can take the pressure if you bring the hammer shift after shift.

McGinn was bringing that hammer all night. His major was part doing of Rome getting into a vulnerable position when he knew McGinn was coming. Deserving of the major but it took two to make that hit such a dangerous hit. I liked his game, minus that major. THe 4th line looked good when they weren't in the sin bin. McGinn taking out two Dmen has done his job for the series. Ehrhoff's shoulder is busted.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be shocked to see Ehrhoff back in there Sunday... Rome, I would be shocked.

Remember, they have Ballard that they've been healthy scratching too... he's not too bad, IIRC but been a while since I've seen him play.

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McGinn won't be suspended. That was a brutal call. 2 mins at most, and that's debatable, but a minor there would have been acceptable.

Great game by the Sharks tonight, they played like we knew they could. Scored early and took Vancouver off their game. The Canucks were more interested in playing chippy than scoring after the first period. So much for that maturity and businesslike play eh? The score was much closer than the game, thanks to putting Vancouver on the PP for 5 mins. Even then it took a favorable deflection to get the third goal. Otherwise the Sharks were good and the PK came up big on those 5 on 3's in the 2nd. Lots of reasons to be optimistic after this one, but the Sharks can't let this one go to their heads. Gotta work hard again on Sunday to win game 4. Another effort like the one they gave tonight and they'll get it done.

Maybe I need to see the replay again but I agree that the major + game misconduct was bullshit. Give him two, hell I would even take four. But five? I thought this was the conference finals?

It is unfortunate that Rome was hurt but an injury in and of itself does should not by default demand a penalty call. Oh well, Sharks hung on for a win.

Until Sunday boys.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Maybe I need to see the replay again but I agree that the major + game misconduct was bullshit. Give him two, hell I would even take four. But five? I thought this was the conference finals?

It is unfortunate that Rome was hurt but an injury in and of itself does should not by default demand a penalty call. Oh well, Sharks hung on for a win.

Until Sunday boys.

That was a pretty bad call, not a major on any level, it was the end result of the hit that brought the major. Mcginn played the angle on Rome, does it suck that rome got hurt? Yes, but it wasnt a major. Mcginn read the play you can see it clearly on the replay, he got to the puck the same time Rome did.

madcap9999

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Just got back from the game - damn the schizo Sharks did it to us again - pulling out a good win from the depths of dejection and imminent capitulation. Crowd was ON tonight which helped. Why does SJ have to always make it close in not win by 3 or 4 goals?

Winners so far these POs: JoeT, Couture, Clowe, Boyler, Pickles, White, Niemi, Wellwood, Demers, Nichol, Seto (just barely) and Murray (just for the intimidation factor).

Losers: Wallin, Huskins, Heater, Mitchell, Mayers, Eager

On the fence: Patricia (tho he's getting off it soon), Pavs, Ferriero, Desjardins

If it's any consolation thus far, it's apparent the Sharks are in complete control of winning and losing all of their games. Even the Oilers would beat SJ in 7 games if SJ plays their half-assed way. However if they show up and forecheck they way they should for 60 minutes, they can't be beat. If they play 40 minutes and stop forechecking they are one of the worst teams in the entire league. It's that extra 20 minutes that has made the difference in all of the games.

madcap9999

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Im starting to wonder if the Canucks wore themselves out in the first 2 games being overly physical

Yeah, you can see how Chi and Nash got back into their respective series against VAN. Sharks need to stay focused and win Game 4 then try to get Game 5 also.

Do you guys realize that's the first time in Sharks history they're won a Rounds 3 game at home?

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, you can see how Chi and Nash got back into their respective series against VAN. Sharks need to stay focused and win Game 4 then try to get Game 5 also.

Do you guys realize that's the first time in Sharks history they're won a Rounds 3 game at home?

Yup a good streak to break. Speaking of streaks, Sharks were 5 for 5 PP at one point? That has to be a record to start a series.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Too long to wait if you ask me. But it's nice the fans got to enjoy a conference finals win. Now if they can just get a winning streak going, they'll really be on to something!

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Too long to wait if you ask me. But it's nice the fans got to enjoy a conference finals win. Now if they can just get a winning streak going, they'll really be on to something!

The team has been streaky when it comes to winning, they on 2 to 3 usually

naes666

Fuck Raffi Torres
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KFC-Double-Down.jpg

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More from Elaine Bitchnmoan, get some Vagisil already

* Vancouver coach*Alain*Vignneault was not hiding his displeasure with all the penalties called*against his team, particularly in the first period, when two Canucks penalties led to*a 2-0 Sharks lead.

“Well, we gave that team I think it was 10 power plays, and I thought we were pretty disciplined,” Vigneault said.

“So if I were to comment on what I think of the penalties, I’d get a pretty big fine. So I’m going to save my money.”

How does he explain the Sharks’ out-shooting Vancouver 15-1 at one late point in the first period?

“All their shots were on the power play, so that’s what it was,” Vigneault said.

bdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im happy for the W but man this team needs better discipline, I've never seen a team so dominating yet so horrible in my life. I really thought they would finally get a blow out win, but of course they turn themselves off just like girls.

What is with these fucking turnovers too?? So many every single game... Calm down Sharks! If they want to win game 4 this penalty shit has to stop, no more taking penalties out of frustration... score goals out of frustration. That should be their motto from here on out.