• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT - Rockies @ Giants 8/30/10

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Torres CF
F. Sanchez 2B
Huff 1B
Burrell LF
Posey C
Ross RF
Sandoval 3B
Uribe SS
J. Sanchez P

Looks like a victory to me. Go D-Backs, and dare I say, Dodgers?!

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GDT - Rockies @ Giants - 8/30/10

From jimsan of the main ESPN board, here's the lineup. We should invite that guy over just to take over the GDT duties, lol. Don't see him post much, but he gets the lineup pretty early usually.

Torres CF
F. Sanchez 2B
Huff 1B
Burrell LF
Posey C
Ross RF
Sandoval 3B
Uribe SS
J. Sanchez LHP

YES, there is no Guillen in the lineup today and Busta's back!

Sorry Heath, didn't see your post!

Last edited by a moderator:

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From jimsan of the main ESPN board, here's the lineup. We should invite that guy over just to take over the GDT duties, lol. Don't see him post much, but he gets the lineup pretty early usually.

Torres CF
F. Sanchez 2B
Huff 1B
Burrell LF
Posey C
Ross RF
Sandoval 3B
Uribe SS
J. Sanchez LHP

YES, there is no Guillen in the lineup today and Busta's back!

Sorry Heath, didn't see your post!

No worries. We plagiarized from the same source. :). At least that board is good for something. ;).

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No worries. We plagiarized from the same source. :). At least that board is good for something. ;).

You can't blame the board for being worthless when all the decent posters have "ascended" to a higher plain...

If the cycle continues, a new board will be created again in about 2015 after the Third Great Migration (we are in the midst of the Second Great Migration).

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't blame the board for being worthless when all the decent posters have "ascended" to a higher plain...

If the cycle continues, a new board will be created again in about 2015 after the Third Great Migration (we are in the midst of the Second Great Migration).

Is that when Balzac will return? That guy was fucking hilarious.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that when Balzac will return? That guy was fucking hilarious.

Balzac, Frisco_Short_Stop and Jobu_needs_a_refill were three of my favorites in the comedy department. BruteSentiment was a pretty cool guy as well. Irishbum was kind of an ornery dude.....as was ram in my opinion. Don't remember much of ILDoyle's posts, so I'm guessing he wasn't much of an antagonist. Nevertheless, the board always was very fun to read. I didn't post much back then.

I always liked the battles between SeyHeyKid and CameronFrye too, lol.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Filo will appear with a choice....."This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes."

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of those guys are still some-what active at RunBoard. However, I check there about once or twice a week and it seems to be in a serious lull right now. Could it be dying????

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Filo will appear with a choice....."This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes."

:). Nice. Filo doesn't strike me as the type of guy that even owns a trench coat, though.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Balzac, Frisco_Short_Stop and Jobu_needs_a_refill were three of my favorites in the comedy department. BruteSentiment was a pretty cool guy as well. Irishbum was kind of an ornery dude.....as was ram in my opinion. Don't remember much of ILDoyle's posts, so I'm guessing he wasn't much of an antagonist. Nevertheless, the board always was very fun to read. I didn't post much back then.

I remember those battles. It seems cam focuses a lot of his energy on the Warrior board now. Him, Chuck, so money, oaksoldier, shaff and Bill pretty much run shop over there. I love basketball, but the NBA feels less and less like the sport I love every year. Still fun to read some educated takes, though.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gp will appear with a choice....."This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes."

There, fixed that for you GP. If there's anybody who's smart enough to understand all of that wormhole/rabbit-hole/space-time-continuum stuff it sure ain't me.....I'd put my money on you, lol. I was a philosophy major for the sole reason that I could appear to be smart without actually answering your questions.

:). Nice. Filo doesn't strike me as the type of guy that even owns a trench coat, though.

Only when I work the streets up at Van Ness and 19th. :D

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, have a good evening Gents. I'm taking the Mrs. out to dinner tonight. Go Giants go.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Torres CF
F. Sanchez 2B
Huff 1B
Burrell LF
Posey C
Ross RF
Sandoval 3B
Uribe SS
J. Sanchez P

Looks like a victory to me. Go D-Backs, and dare I say, Dodgers?!

This quite possibly is the best lineup we've put out all season. Table setters in the 1-2, thump at 3-4-5, good hitter at 6, a resurgent masher at 7, and UUU relelgated to the spot in the order where his FPOM hurts the least.

If Juan Uribe is your 8th best hitter (and in this lineup, I think he is) you've got a good hitting club. And no albatross in RF either.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Just checked up on Fred Lewis......

Since July 1: .226/.331/.394 ouch!

Although in fairness Burrell has not been significantly better:

.237/.343/.453

Burrell's been better defensively, if you believe UZR

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd like to think most of our posts are a bit better than vanilla....:cool:

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cam is still on the Warriors board and IMO, one of the top posters there.