• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT - Rockies @ Giants 8/30/10

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Livin's best line (of many): he'd rather see Bochy fired than the Giants win a WS ring.

Ape crazy bananas.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
inoutrepeatforlife: This is the kind of crap that will keep you out of the playoffs.
Livindisup2009: Between this game and the Reds Game we lost, I am done.
inoutrepeatforlife: You disgust me.
Livindisup2009: I cannot take Giants baseball anymore. I just can't.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
inoutrepeatforlife: This is the kind of crap that will keep you out of the playoffs.
Livindisup2009: Between this game and the Reds Game we lost, I am done.
inoutrepeatforlife: You disgust me.
Livindisup2009: I cannot take Giants baseball anymore. I just can't.

It's quite a scene. I was giving Livin way too much credit before tonight, and it wasn't much.

Your quotes above are the most lucid of them all.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just went off on him when I saw him decide making fun of Doug Flutie's handicapped son was the best way to deal with tonight.

I couldn't even find a way to be funny or clever, just got so angry.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I just went off on him when I saw him decide making fun of Doug Flutie's handicapped son was the best way to deal with tonight.

I couldn't even find a way to be funny or clever, just got so angry.

Holy crap. Did he really do that? Where?.... Oh, found it. What an impulsive tasteless dolt.

Last edited by a moderator:

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don't want to get into my life story but making fun of handicapped kids is absolutely off limits to me, especially about a fucking game.

I'm still seeing red, and I am going to fuck him up for a while.

I apologize in advance for coarsening the ESPN board for a while.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK fair enough.

But this one...this one is hard.

One good thing about baseball, new game tomorrow. In football you gotta wait a week.

Amen to the bold. And, like you said, we didn't lose any ground to 3 important teams. But still, like you also said, lol, that one was hard.

Would have been a good night to go to the Olive Garden after all.....

LOL, you just can't leave good enough alone eh? My wife and I actually got back from this little Italian joint (good, but nothing compared to anything in San Fran.) and I decided to just take a quick peek at the Giants game.....in the 9th....top of.....and then have to get back in a good mood real quick so as not to blow my cover. I almost flipped the fuck out. I don't know how I screamed Fuck on the inside, without letting out a peep on the outside.

Thought you could sneak this by me?

LOL, Teh Colin strikes again. If you're going to say things like that Colin, at least be out driving when you say them so you can counterbalance the bad man! :D

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least they're getting these heart-breakers out of their system now (Is there an icon for a smile and shrug?). Hope the night with the lady made up for the loss, filo.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yesterday's loss took us from 24% to make playoffs to 22% (Postseason Odds)

Which seems about right to me.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don't want to get into my life story but making fun of handicapped kids is absolutely off limits to me, especially about a fucking game.

I'm still seeing red, and I am going to fuck him up for a while.

I apologize in advance for coarsening the ESPN board for a while.

No apology necessary -- take that tool down.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least they're getting these heart-breakers out of their system now (Is there an icon for a smile and shrug?). Hope the night with the lady made up for the loss, filo.

It definitely did, it was a great night as far as everything else goes. So thank you for that Heath!

But seriously, it may just be me, but sometimes I feel like my priorities are all fucked up when it comes to sports.....I have a really hard time getting over tough losses like this with the Giants and the Sharks. It seriously fucks up my whole night sometimes. I need to see a shrink I think (uh oh, I'm rhyming now, lol). At least last night I was able to right the ship in time!

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It definitely did, it was a great night as far as everything else goes. So thank you for that Heath!

But seriously, it may just be me, but sometimes I feel like my priorities are all fucked up when it comes to sports.....I have a really hard time getting over tough losses like this with the Giants and the Sharks. It seriously fucks up my whole night sometimes. I need to see a shrink I think (uh oh, I'm rhyming now, lol). At least last night I was able to right the ship in time!

That's fandom, we all get that way, and if the team is competitive it means more because you can see a potential championship out there.

But once I had kids, it became a lot less important. Now it's fun to root but it's no biggie.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good for you, man. I'm the same way sometimes, and it really bums out my girl friend. I find the key is to start doing something I enjoy. Last night, I played some music with a couple of buddies. Sometimes the lady and I will play cards, watch a movie or start a board game. Video games can help, too. It's a lot easier to take a Sharks loss when you beat the pants off the Red Wings, virtually. When all else fails, there's always drinking, but I usually end up combining that with all of the other activities anyway. :).

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Get a puppy, or a kid.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
From Grant at McCovey Chronicles:

.....See, there’s that calm, rational thought again. What a jerk. After last night’s game, I want to pull his underwear up over his shoulders and punch him in the throat. But there will be a time when calm, rational thought will be justified -- I had to lock pure, unrestrained emotion in a broom closet to write this post, for example. Right now, though, I’m burned out. I’m a little sick of baseball and it’s unexpected surprises. I want Tim Lincecum to pitch seven innings with 10 strikeouts every game again. I want Pablo Sandoval to hit doubles on balls that bounce on the plate. I want Brian Wilson to load the bases with one out before striking the next two hitters out. I want Cody Ross to field like Cody Ross, and I want Freddy Sanchez to make relay throws like Freddy Sanchez.

I’m a simple man. Baseball’s getting a little too complicated for me. So I’m giving up. I’m not going to watch any more baseball until at least tonight. It’s a big step, but I’m frazzled. Maybe after the hiatus, I’ll be refreshed. Right now, though, forget it.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get a puppy, or a kid.

LOL, well the dogs haven't worked as far as cheering me up until at least an hour later. I guess I'll have to try a kid next.

:D