• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT Giants @ Mutts, 4/21

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It's not much of a presumption to say we would be cheering at one of our players making a legal play that resulted in a satisfying win.

You would be cheering in such a situation, wouldn't you?

This isn't a debate Mays-Fan. So there is no need to use childish rhetorical arguments in trying to "win". It's simple: write for yourself, give your opinion, don't put words in other's mouths, or presume to know how they would react. That's just basic etiquette around here.

And, if a Giants player did something I considered injurious to another player, especially so to a young star, I would never cheer. I doubt very many Giants fans would, really.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't a debate Mays-Fan. So there is no need to use childish rhetorical arguments in trying to "win". It's simple: write for yourself, give your opinion, don't put words in other's mouths, or presume to know how they would react. That's just basic etiquette around here.

And, if a Giants player did something I considered injurious to another player, especially so to a young star, I would never cheer. I doubt very many Giants fans would, really.

In the interest of comity, I will simply let it go at this.

mistgl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Good thing, imagine how "livid" Posey would have been if it was the left one.

If he had taken out Busters left ankle, I think there would have been a benches clearing brawl to end all brawls.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Theriot still out. Crawdad lifted for PH in the 9th. Burriss to SS, Huff moved from 1B to 2B. Belt to 1B. It's a game worth watching again just to see the utter ineptness of Huff.

But no Pill? Sure, by all accounts he is NOT a MLB 2B, but he has been getting work there for just this situation, and has half a season in the books there...

Then again, Huff grounds out there every AB, so I guess he must know SOMETHING about the position...

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
But no Pill? Sure, by all accounts he is NOT a MLB 2B, but he has been getting work there for just this situation, and has half a season in the books there...

Then again, Huff grounds out there every AB, so I guess he must know SOMETHING about the position...

:charlie:

Pill got burned as a PH, announced, then pulled back for Belt when the Mets countered with a righty. So that wasn't an option. Of the two, Pill vs. Huff, I'd imagine Huff has the greater range, but, yeah, at least Pill had worked there in the past.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:charlie:

Pill got burned as a PH, announced, then pulled back for Belt when the Mets countered with a righty. So that wasn't an option. Of the two, Pill vs. Huff, I'd imagine Huff has the greater range, but, yeah, at least Pill had worked there in the past.

Ah...

Pill getting burned was not reflected in the box (at least when I checked it).

Makes a bit more sense now...

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This, for posterity's sake:

huffsecondbase1.gif

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This, for posterity's sake:

huffsecondbase1.gif

I'm guessing this is an awesome animated gif, but unfortunately that dickhead at baycityball does not allow hot-linking.

Last edited by a moderator:

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Ah...

Pill getting burned was not reflected in the box (at least when I checked it).

Makes a bit more sense now...

[voice-over] "Never take crawford out of the boat." Absolutely goddamn right! Unless you were goin' all the way... Boch took crawford off the boat. He split from the whole fuckin' program.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hairston is completely inside the baseline. He was not going for home plate, he was going for Posey's leg. I would be pissed, too, not just over the loss, but a player going after Posey's leg. Legality be damned.

Posey could have settled for the one out, I suppose, but didn't.

And where the hell was Huff, wasn't he supposed to back up the throw to first?

Three errors today. What is that, 20 errors in the first 14 games? What happened to the stellar defense we have gotten used to?

Freeport 22

The Chosen One
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the groundball to Burriss where Huff forgot to cover 2nd base , the runner at 1st was clearly out on the replays I watched , The Mets announcers also agreed .

That would have made it 2nd & 3rd w/ 2 outs and probably another X tra inning game .

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at the replay, Hairston touches home with his right hand/arm, and maybe even his right knee. If that isn't a legal slide, then the rules are F'd up.

MLB.com Gameday | MLB.com: Gameday

If the tables were turned, and one of our guys slides like that into the Mets' catcher, we'd be praising him.

Just saying, just being honest.

Not me.

Tables turned, I wouldn't be praising a giant doing that..I would be quiet about it. There's plenty of times where Giants players in the past have done things that weren't "cool" with me.

And for the record, I am not objective about it. You try to take out a Giant, especially given recent circumstances regarding this Giant, then F that guy. I'm a fan, not an umpire.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teh Huffer makes his mark on this game. Can't get to a ball to knock it down early and a score, can't pick up a DP ball and a run comes in to score.....also, he has done squat offensively.

Aubrey H:censored:ff

I'm pulling hard for the guy but he's really using up all his good grace from 2010.

Who am I kidding, the dude still gets a free pass for bustin his azz for that ring. Now it's bochy's (and whiteside's) fault for playing him that much.

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aubrey H:censored:ff

I'm pulling hard for the guy but he's really using up all his good grace from 2010.

Who am I kidding, the dude still gets a free pass for bustin his azz for that ring. Now it's bochy's (and whiteside's) fault for playing him that much.

That's true! 2010 Huff Baby WOOT!! But at this point I am getting tired of the huffers and the popups, I mean I can't remember the last time he came up made contact and didn't do one of those two things. Its pretty pathetic at this point, either he doesnt give a shit, or to be nicer, his confidence is just shot.

I'm still pulling for him, but my hope is severely diminished at this point that he's going to get it together. I think he definitely needs to sit on the bench for a while and contemplate his desire/ or focus focus focus on correcting whatever is wrong. Can't be having .175 in the 5th spot.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's true! 2010 Huff Baby WOOT!! But at this point I am getting tired of the huffers and the popups, I mean I can't remember the last time he came up made contact and didn't do one of those two things. Its pretty pathetic at this point, either he doesnt give a shit, or to be nicer, his confidence is just shot.

I'm still pulling for him, but my hope is severely diminished at this point that he's going to get it together. I think he definitely needs to sit on the bench for a while and contemplate his desire/ or focus focus focus on correcting whatever is wrong. Can't be having .175 in the 5th spot.

Or he's just washed up, confident or no.

When the season started the consensus around here and other blogs seemed to be that because of his veteran status and the money, they'd give him until mid May give or take to see if he's truly done. Still a SSS.

If we can generally say we lost yesterday 'because' of Huff, I'd guess we will lose 2-3 more games because of him before they pull the plug. Could be important. Then again if Belt lives up to his hype he will win us a game or two.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The good news is that Belt finally gets a start at 1B in today's game. The bad news is the game is rained out. Well played, bochy. Well played.

mistgl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The good news is that Belt finally gets a start at 1B in today's game. The bad news is the game is rained out. Well played, bochy. Well played.

I think we just need to let Belt play. He's either going to get his shit together and perform like Freeman and Hosmer did, or he's going to bust. With Cain extended, our "window" just got propped open for a long time, and we need to know if we got the next Jt Snow for the future, or a failed prospect.

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we just need to let Belt play. He's either going to get his shit together and perform like Freeman and Hosmer did, or he's going to bust. With Cain extended, our "window" just got propped open for a long time, and we need to know if we got the next Jt Snow for the future, or a failed prospect.

Already reduced to an upside of JT Snow? I was hoping for more of a Will Clark. As long as its not Phillips/Minor/Ishikawa... I guess I'll be happy.