• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT Champs @ TomahawkChop 8/15

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if it was mentioned, and I'm not usually one to second guess because I'm not in the clubhouse. However, if a guy can't pitch the day before due to a sore back, is it wise to send him out there the next day (no matter what treatment he receives)?

Obviously, anytime Brian Wilson says that he can go, Boch will listen, but since the back is so important to a pitcher's motion (and this game became even more important than it already was with Panda leaving early), couldn't he have warranted giving him an extra day's rest? Granted, the two-seamer looked especially nasty, and I think the loss was more of a case of the Braves waking up after being lulled to sleep by Bumgarner and Lopez for six innings, but The Beard was missing some spots. Again, hindsight, but when Kruk and Kuip mentioned it was back soreness that kept him out, I immediately thought, "Maybe Ramirez or Casilla should take this one." Oh, well. Go get 'em, Durrty!

Giantsmojo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only Nick Lowry would have been able to throw out that runner. But Nick is so fast, he would have perhaps fielded the ball, and then run to home, beating the 2nd runner by a considerable margin. And when said runner would have tried "the only path left to him", Nick would have tagged him out with prejudice.

Come on now, Nick Lowry would have caught the ball and if by some chance he didn't he would have tagged out the 1st runner with authority.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Madison got Bummed again. Tough loss. Injuries may = no playoffs.

We still can take 2 of these games.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't know if it was mentioned, and I'm not usually one to second guess because I'm not in the clubhouse. However, if a guy can't pitch the day before due to a sore back, is it wise to send him out there the next day (no matter what treatment he receives)?

Obviously, anytime Brian Wilson says that he can go, Boch will listen, but since the back is so important to a pitcher's motion (and this game became even more important than it already was with Panda leaving early), couldn't he have warranted giving him an extra day's rest? Granted, the two-seamer looked especially nasty, and I think the loss was more of a case of the Braves waking up after being lulled to sleep by Bumgarner and Lopez for six innings, but The Beard was missing some spots. Again, hindsight, but when Kruk and Kuip mentioned it was back soreness that kept him out, I immediately thought, "Maybe Ramirez or Casilla should take this one." Oh, well. Go get 'em, Durrty!

I'm was surprised Bochy didn't have a right-hander up. I wonder, had lopez not been used in the 8th, would Bochy have had him warmed up and ready to face Freeman? Possibly an indirect consequence of Romo's injury.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm was surprised Bochy didn't have a right-hander up. I wonder, had lopez not been used in the 8th, would Bochy have had him warmed up and ready to face Freeman? Possibly an indirect consequence of Romo's injury.

I definitely think if Romo wasn't hurt, we would have seen him last night, and I wouldn't have seen anything wrong with bringing in Affeldt to face Freeman. However, I would have fork and knife ready to eat those words.

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, facing a "noob" has been the Giants' downfall all year. We score four today on Hudson, one of the league's best. We score 1 0r 2 off the "noob".

And "guise"? Really?

...LOL you "guys" need to come on the water cooler some

Do you guys seriously not remember me posting here in the NLDS last year????

Last edited by a moderator:

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"guise?"

Really?

Speech recognition software?

damn. you all really need to venture to other parts of SportsHoopla:L

Last edited by a moderator:

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damn. you all really need to venture to other parts of SportsHoopla:L

I was just curious, since it was nowhere close to being spelled right. I assumed it was speech recognition software since that's the kind of error such a program would make.

Not busting your chops, just curious...

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah i remember you, hows it going? Didn't you used to have a U of G pic?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I haven't read any of the posts responding to you as negative or aggressive. I think it has just been a bit "chop-busting" :)

We are just a bunch of assholes here. Never mind the smell :)

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh nah you guys were cool and all. I thought you guys were just fucking around haha. I've been good though. I actually got into UGA and am here. I did have a U of G avatar awhile ago too. Now lets get this game on tonight!

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome. Rep this man! Apparently, I have done so too recently.

Thanks! My daughter is going to SLO, starting her 2nd year. She returns from a mission trip to Japan tomorrow. She went to help clean up the mess form the tsunami in NE Japan. Says with all the crap they are digging up, deposited by the ocean, she's never swimming in the ocean again! :shocked: :nonod:

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks! My daughter is going to SLO, starting her 2nd year. She returns from a mission trip to Japan tomorrow. She went to help clean up the mess form the tsunami in NE Japan. Says with all the crap they are digging up, deposited by the ocean, she's never swimming in the ocean again! :shocked: :nonod:

Hats off to her! At the risk of sounding like an old disgruntled local, it's nice to read about Poly students that actually care about the world around them. A close friend of mine just came back from Japan in June, and is looking to get his work visa squared away to get back there soon.

Assure your daughter that the ocean out at Avila Beach is safe as can be. Unocal cleaned up the contamination years ago, and there hasn't been a shark attack in at least two years. :) In fact, I'll be getting married on that beach in a little over four months.:D