• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: GDT 8/10 Duffy @ Duffy

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me, it seems we're not going to win the division. I felt it was too early to say that in early July, and it was. But we've played a lot since then, made our moves (just Peavy, which just replaced a cog didn't improve the team), and still have major injuries.

But when the season started I don't think many people thought we were going to win the division. We are still VERY much in the wild card race. Obviously we can't play as bad as this week. But just as we aren't as good as we were the first 2 months, we aren't this bad. I think our disappointment is higher that it would have been, because of the first 2 months mirage. In fact the heightened disappointment was so bad that tzill literally couldn't handle it (he's gone for good now it seems...dude takes all this WAY too seriously)

We think we suck. We don't suck. We do suck compared to the first 2 months team. Vs the other wild card contenders? We're equally flawed.

Now once we're in the playoffs the usual 'anything can happen' stuff is in play. We will likely be the lowest-odds playoff team, or 2nd lowest. Dodgers, As, Tigers have the pitching to win the WS. But the crapshoot thing is a real thing. If this rickety pile of hackers wins a playoff series (not the WC game) I will consider it a VERY successful year.

Cheer up guys! It could be 2009, sucking while STILL not knowing if you'd ever see a victory parade in SF. We got two!

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take a look at the standings. The wild card race is us, Atlanta, St Louis, Pittsburgh, Cincinatti for 2 spots. We aren't much better than those guys, but we're not significantly worse. All 5 teams are about the same. I would wish for home field in the WC game but heck maybe that doesn't matter this year!

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants get swept in KC losing today 7-4

The only one who had a worse day then the Giants was the poor kid in the mustard condiment package in the condiment race in KC. The kid took a couple of spills and had to be carried to the finish line. The Giants had the same kind of ending to their series in KC getting swept 3 straight games. After getting down 7-1 the Giants did get a chance to tie later in the game but came up short 7-4 as Lincecum had a rough start on a flat mound.

Well it's time to come home and the boys look like they could use some home cooking. They will get that plus Chris Sale of the White Sox on Tuesday.

Giants have to bust out of this slide soon or it's time to polish up the clubs for a October tee time.

Let's go !

Go Giants !!

:suds::clap:

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me, it seems we're not going to win the division. I felt it was too early to say that in early July, and it was. But we've played a lot since then, made our moves (just Peavy, which just replaced a cog didn't improve the team), and still have major injuries.

But when the season started I don't think many people thought we were going to win the division. We are still VERY much in the wild card race. Obviously we can't play as bad as this week. But just as we aren't as good as we were the first 2 months, we aren't this bad. I think our disappointment is higher that it would have been, because of the first 2 months mirage. In fact the heightened disappointment was so bad that tzill literally couldn't handle it (he's gone for good now it seems...dude takes all this WAY too seriously)

We think we suck. We don't suck. We do suck compared to the first 2 months team. Vs the other wild card contenders? We're equally flawed.

Now once we're in the playoffs the usual 'anything can happen' stuff is in play. We will likely be the lowest-odds playoff team, or 2nd lowest. Dodgers, As, Tigers have the pitching to win the WS. But the crapshoot thing is a real thing. If this rickety pile of hackers wins a playoff series (not the WC game) I will consider it a VERY successful year.

Cheer up guys! It could be 2009, sucking while STILL not knowing if you'd ever see a victory parade in SF. We got two!

I suppose you are right, but it is really hard to feel positive about this team when the lineup is 44% AAA hitters. Obviously, unless we play better in all phases of the game, there will be no post-season.

I am not sure we are "equally flawed" with the other WC teams. This team just cannot make a comeback when behind, they have shown this all season. They have two come from behind losses since the ASB, and 12 losses when behind early.

And yet, there does not appear to be any urgency with the hitters early on, other than swinging at everything that is thrown early in the count.

Giants are 16th in baseball in scoring innings 1-6, and yet 25th in scoring in the 7th inning or later. They do lead all of baseball with scoring in extra innings, though.

The good start has made this more disappointing. It is a long season, that is running out of time.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Pavlovic

— I was stunned when I did my recap of June (July is coming soon!) and noticed that the Giants only stole three bases in June. Two Royals — Steve Nori Aoki and Jarrod Dyson — matched that total today. The Giants stole seven bases in July. The Royals team matched that total today. The Giants had one stolen base this month before Gregor Blanco inexplicably took off for third in the ninth inning.

If you’re not running, and you’re not hitting for power and you’re not getting clutch hits … well, that pretty much explains the past two months, doesn’t it?

I know Noggin has two rings, as does Bam Bam. But criminy, every single season there is a prolonged slump like this, where the hitter stop hitting, and there is absolutely no change of strategy.
No hit and run, no run and hit, no steals, no sacrifice bunts, no squeezes. Hell, even if they don't work, you gotta do something to help the hitters. But no. We keep swinging early in the count. We refuse to take walks. We keep looking for the Earl Weaver Special. Speed does not slump, so they say.

:gaah:

AP also points out that the kids put up the best at bats this weekend. Panik, Duffy, Susser all produced some nice AB's, whether they were productive or not. They seemed patient for the most part, tried to use the whole field (Susser's first RBI today was oppo). All I gotta say is, Keep Bam Bam away from them.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants batting like .380 With RISP over Last 10 games, for a 4-6 record.

problem is they so rarely have a guy in scoring position lately