• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT 7-10-13 Mets at How Are the Niners Doing?

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at the standings on 2013 National League Standings & Expanded Standings - Baseball-Reference.com , there's exactly ONE team that's worse than the Giants over their last 10 games in all of the majors : the Padres (1-9 vs. our 2-8). Over the last 20, or last 30, there is NO team in the majors who has a worse record.

Depressing. Maybe it is time to train up Francoeur, trade Pence and Timmy and Gaudin, rest Scutaro and Panda and Torres, play Abreu and call up some youngsters. "Extended Spring Training" to look at some rooks, fall down the standings to get a top-3 pick (although it will be hard to catch HOU or MIA).

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at the standings on 2013 National League Standings & Expanded Standings - Baseball-Reference.com , there's exactly ONE team that's worse than the Giants over their last 10 games in all of the majors : the Padres (1-9 vs. our 2-8). Over the last 20, or last 30, there is NO team in the majors who has a worse record.

Depressing. Maybe it is time to train up Francoeur, trade Pence and Timmy and Gaudin, rest Scutaro and Panda and Torres, play Abreu and call up some youngsters. "Extended Spring Training" to look at some rooks, fall down the standings to get a top-3 pick (although it will be hard to catch HOU or MIA).

and call up some youngsters

I am not sure of the spelling, but they have a kid named Panic that people around here are very high on. Maybe he will get an extended look from this, and this might lead to them moving Belt to fill another roster need?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure of the spelling, but they have a kid named Panic that people around here are very high on. Maybe he will get an extended look from this, and this might lead to them moving Belt to fill another roster need?

Panik is one of our top prospects, for sure, but he has entered into an extended slump over the last few weeks. I would not be shocked to see him get his cuppo this year, but he will not be pushing for a legit roster spot before late '14.

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Panik is one of our top prospects, for sure, but he has entered into an extended slump over the last few weeks. I would not be shocked to see him get his cuppo this year, but he will not be pushing for a legit roster spot before late '14.

I agree (mostly). Since Panik is a SS-moved-to-2B, and Crawford has SS sown up and Scutaro has 2B sown up, Panik isn't going to be up any time soon. I wouldn't expect to see him this Sep as he doesn't NEED to be added to the 40-man until after the 2014 minor league season. So he'll finish this year at AA, and move to AAA next year.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree (mostly). Since Panik is a SS-moved-to-2B, and Crawford has SS sown up and Scutaro has 2B sown up, Panik isn't going to be up any time soon. I wouldn't expect to see him this Sep as he doesn't NEED to be added to the 40-man until after the 2014 minor league season. So he'll finish this year at AA, and move to AAA next year.

Sounds like perfect timing to break the odd year slump in 2015. ;)