• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT 7-10-13 Mets at How Are the Niners Doing?

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL...but still, man, you gotta be able to realize when it's over or you'll die inside all year.
Didn't you realize the Dodgers weren't going to win their division any of the past summers?

Of course. However, it was not until this year ( of recent years ), that I even thought they had a chance to win. So, no expectations = no letdowns. If they don;t make the playoffs this year, then I will be bummed.

I probably thought need to couch my answers and opinons with the fact that I am a huge fantasy basbeall guy, so even when The Dodgers are not doing well, I still will always have individual players to root for, so I know my opinions and viewpoints are somewhat skewed by this.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. Affeldt, Noonan, not much difference lately.

For some reason, these song lyrics just seem to fit here today.

I wish you would step back from that ledge my friend,
You could cut ties with all the lies,
That you've been living in,
And if you do not want to see me again,
I would understand.
I would understand.

The angry boy,
A bit too insane,
Icing over a secret pain
You know you don't belong.

You're the first to fight,
You're way too loud,
You're The flash of light,
On a burial shroud,
I know something's wrong

Well everyone I know has got a reason,
To say,
Put the past away

I would understand,
I would understand.

And well he's on the table,
And he's gone to code,
And I do not think anyone knows,
What they are doing here,

And your friends have left you,
You've been dismissed.
I never thought it would come to this,
And I, I want you to know

Everyone's got to face down the demons,
Maybe today,
We can put the past away,

I wish you would step back from that ledge my friend.
I would understand,
I would understand,
I would understand...

(I would understand)
(I would understand)
(Understand)

Ya ya ya ya ya...

Can you put the past away?

I would understand

(I wish you would step back from that ledge my friend, )
I would understand
(I wish you would step back from that ledge my friend, )
And I would understand

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what the stats are for :panda: regarding his average with the number of pitches.

1st pitch, 2nd pitch, etc.

He certainly doesn't seem to want to get very deep into counts, though he did walk today. Was it intentional? :D

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Giant fan 2010 and 2012 make this year tolerable. What worries me is that from what I see we have had two 'critical' injuries this year. Or at least it seems to have played out that way. Is losing Pagan and Vogs enough to cause a free fall of this magnitude? I would think we had more depth than that but it just doesn't appear to be there. I always thought we could NEVER go through a 5-18 run. Not with our SP. Shit this is close to playing .200 ball! How the hell is that possible with our pitching. Even with putrid hitting we were able to win quite a few low scorinng games. Very hard to accept that this is the core of the 2012 WS champions and we are 10 games under .500 going into the break.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Giant fan 2010 and 2012 make this year tolerable. What worries me is that from what I see we have had two 'critical' injuries this year. Or at least it seems to have played out that way. Is losing Pagan and Vogs enough to cause a free fall of this magnitude? I would think we had more depth than that but it just doesn't appear to be there. I always thought we could NEVER go through a 5-18 run. Not with our SP. Shit this is close to playing .200 ball! How the hell is that possible with our pitching. Even with putrid hitting we were able to win quite a few low scorinng games. Very hard to accept that this is the core of the 2012 WS champions and we are 10 games under .500 going into the break.

it's more than just them...and Vogelsong wasnt doing well anyway. Casilla was huge. Panda IS huge now after his injury. scutaro, Gaudin...it's not that.

Theonly scary part of all this is Cain. He was supposed to be the horse, and he's been Lincecum bad this year. if HE doesnt get right, we really are screwed for a while.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what the stats are for :panda: regarding his average with the number of pitches.

1st pitch, 2nd pitch, etc.

He certainly doesn't seem to want to get very deep into counts, though he did walk today. Was it intentional? :D

First pitch: .319 (47 AB)
Second pitch: .332 (61 AB)
Third pitch: .224 (58 AB)
Fourth pitch: .311 (61 AB)
Fifth pitch: .118 (34 AB)
Sixth pitch: .056 (18 AB)

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMFAO.

You sound a lot like me. Which make me worry,......., about you.

It's all good, message boards are wonderful places for alternate personalities. Just remember, all your alts belong to tzill.

BTW, where is tzill? The losing has gotten worse with him out of the country, it seems.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First pitch: .319 (47 AB)
Second pitch: .332 (61 AB)
Third pitch: .224 (58 AB)
Fourth pitch: .311 (61 AB)
Fifth pitch: .118 (34 AB)
Sixth pitch: .056 (18 AB)

LOL. What, does he get tired after 4 pitches?

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all good, message boards are wonderful places for alternate personalities. Just remember, all your alts belong to tzill.

BTW, where is tzill? The losing has gotten worse with him out of the country, it seems.

If we deal here enough, you will quickly see that I am always just me, which makes me different and WAY off the normal beaten track.

Have a great night gents, i'm OUT!

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we deal here enough, you will quickly see that I am always just me, which makes me different and WAY off the normal beaten track.

Have a great night gents, i'm OUT!

Just so you know, "all your alts belong to tzill" is a long-running board joke, not an accusation. ;)

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Runs scored: 4.43/game

Runs allowed: 4.01/game (total runs, not just earned runs. Allowed 55 unearned runs in 2012)

Runs scored: 3.93/game

Runs allowed: 4.50/game (total runs, not just earned runs. Have allowed 32 unearned runs so far in 2013)

Tale of the tape: scoring 0.5 runs per game less, allowing 0.5 runs per game more than 2012. Not a great recipe for winning.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just so you know, "all your alts belong to tzill" is a long-running board joke, not an accusation. ;)

Thank you for the info. How funny, in that I was "that guy" on CBS. Long running poster associations leads to long running bits & gags.

Still, it sucks, after spending 10 or so years establishing credibility and an on line identity, only to have to start all over again......

:gaah:

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey! We just got swept by a team that had a worse record than we did!

:party:

I live in NY ... this has been brutal ... heard the freaking radio people this morning .... this is the first time since 1994 that the Mets have swept SF in SF ..... the only thing left for us now is to finish with the worst record of any previous WS champion .... don't even want to look it up ....

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I live in NY ... this has been brutal ... heard the freaking radio people this morning .... this is the first time since 1994 that the Mets have swept SF in SF ..... the only thing left for us now is to finish with the worst record of any previous WS champion .... don't even want to look it up ....

I don't think you have much to worry about in respect to the Giants going from best to the very worst. I am not sure if this is the record, but I think it is pretty safe to say that the Giants will finish better than the 54-108 1998 Florida/Miami Marlins.