• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT (66) - 3/8 Sharks at Stars - 5:30PM

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I played a little ME3 (first mission and a half) last night and it's pretty entertaining but not sure how much time I'll have to play it all the way through.

Not sure how to describe it... half-RPG, half-shooter or whatever? Google for some video clips or something...

As for buying it, depending on how you morally feel about such things, you can also pirate it.. it's been out a few days and single player mode is cracked on all platforms, IIRC.

naes666

Fuck Raffi Torres
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4538.gif

dude bro-ham lay off the prunes...doing the 'shit your pants' dance again?

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Missed half of the game, but I see that we are still 0 for Moore. Thats his first 7 games, all losses. In this one he was standing in front of the net for the game tying score. -1, and not a positive addition yet again. Hopefully TJ will replace him vs. phoenix. However, being 0 for 7 with him in the lineup with 0 goals and 2 assists means its time for a change.

On the bright side, Torrey Mitchell had his annual highlight. I guess when he scores em, they are clutch and cute.

I was impressed with demers' play. Only 13 mins, but he was physical, looking good on the PP (even though they didnt score), and seemed a lot better.

lastly, nemo had some huge saves, but was so shaky on the first goal and not so good on Benn's either. His confidence seems particularly low right now...

Dougie really screwed the pooch. Since his first trade (moore), the sharks are 2-10. That's as bad a stretch as they have had in a decade, as far as I can remember.

p.s.: Ginner with another very strong game in colorado. Hell he may score 30 at this pace :-)

naes666

Fuck Raffi Torres
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I played a little ME3 (first mission and a half) last night and it's pretty entertaining but not sure how much time I'll have to play it all the way through.

Not sure how to describe it... half-RPG, half-shooter or whatever? Google for some video clips or something...

As for buying it, depending on how you morally feel about such things, you can also pirate it.. it's been out a few days and single player mode is cracked on all platforms, IIRC.

im kinda over my xbox360 right now, been playing Skyrim on PC which is nice with all the easy cheat codes and shit...but got bored when i hit lvl 50 and basically the game is no challenge...ill go look up some videos on the youtubes.

i am waiting for Diablo III...i hope it comes out soon!!!

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Missed half of the game, but I see that we are still 0 for Moore. Thats his first 7 games, all losses. In this one he was standing in front of the net for the game tying score. -1, and not a positive addition yet again. Hopefully TJ will replace him vs. phoenix. However, being 0 for 7 with him in the lineup with 0 goals and 2 assists means its time for a change.

On the bright side, Torrey Mitchell had his annual highlight. I guess when he scores em, they are clutch and cute.

I was impressed with demers' play. Only 13 mins, but he was physical, looking good on the PP (even though they didnt score), and seemed a lot better.

lastly, nemo had some huge saves, but was so shaky on the first goal and not so good on Benn's either. His confidence seems particularly low right now...

Dougie really screwed the pooch. Since his first trade (moore), the sharks are 2-10. That's as bad a stretch as they have had in a decade, as far as I can remember.

p.s.: Ginner with another very strong game in colorado. Hell he may score 30 at this pace :-)

Oh, and TBL is 7-3-1 since getting rid of their dead weight... Doug is Moore Dom than Yzerman... haha, get it??

naes666

Fuck Raffi Torres
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and TBL is 7-3-1 since getting rid of their dead weight... Doug is Moore Dom than Yzerman... haha, get it??

new nickname for Moore....Mordor...someone please photoshop this puppy!

(maybe along the lines of "One does not simply score goals in Mordor"

Mordor1.jpg

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
tell me more about Mass Effect 3, my gf was going to buy it for me for the birthday gift...but i wasn't sure if i would like it...

I love it for the story, its amazing if you play the first 2 you can import those save files into the third any choices you made in the second, effect the game in the 3rd.Story is better then star wars, and you can bang chicks

The story is beyond top notch, i like it way better then rimjob which had a worse ending the boarderlands.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tell me more about Mass Effect 3, my gf was going to buy it for me for the birthday gift...but i wasn't sure if i would like it...

Have her save the money or buy something else. The end is fucking awful. Ruins the entire trilogy.

Ho_Brah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fucking hate every team in the west coast with the exception of the Sharks & Avs. I especially hate watching the Stars. FUCK YOU STARS.

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dude, did Moore kick your dog or something? I think you'd be less disappointed if you A) Watched the rest of the game. It was a really fun one despite the result. B) Stop expecting Moore to be the scorer you hoped DW would acquire and just expect him to play his game. 3rd line was buzzing, hitting, creating chances all night and Moore won a handful of big D-zone draws in the 3rd and OT. With a goalie who freezes more pucks than anyone in the league, it's valuable. Especially since the majority of our good faceoff guys all play on the top two lines and can't be out for every draw.

Sorry to harp on ya about it, but attributing the team's continuing slide to one guy just seems like the epitome of confusing coincidence with causality to me. The team hasn't played well since Couture came back...coincidence? It just sounds silly.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Dude, did Moore kick your dog or something? I think you'd be less disappointed if you A) Watched the rest of the game. It was a really fun one despite the result. B) Stop expecting Moore to be the scorer you hoped DW would acquire and just expect him to play his game. 3rd line was buzzing, hitting, creating chances all night and Moore won a handful of big D-zone draws in the 3rd and OT. With a goalie who freezes more pucks than anyone in the league, it's valuable. Especially since the majority of our good faceoff guys all play on the top two lines and can't be out for every draw.

Sorry to harp on ya about it, but attributing the team's continuing slide to one guy just seems like the epitome of confusing coincidence with causality to me. The team hasn't played well since Couture came back...coincidence? It just sounds silly.

maybe you are right... I apologize :-)

Maybe my expectations that the 3rd line C who plays 17+ mins (at least last night) should pitch in offensively or at the very least help shut it down in the last minute or so. It may be coincidence and it's certainly not Moore's fault that dougie ditched the only guy with a semblance of offensive potential in the bottom 6. I guess, I don't think much of him, and was not pleased with the trade right after, but that too is not moore's fault. The person to blame, I suppose, is Doug since he is the one who brought in this slop and has created a team of 5 top 9 forwards and 8 4th liners.

The one thing I am beginning to believe is:
a. Nabby>>> Niemi. Nabby just never got the goal support in the PO's.
b. Niemi = outstanding trade bait. Griess isn't great, but he seems pretty much equal and the farm is stacked, so it's time to roll the dice.

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe you are right... I apologize :-)

Maybe my expectations that the 3rd line C who plays 17+ mins (at least last night) should pitch in offensively or at the very least help shut it down in the last minute or so. It may be coincidence and it's certainly not Moore's fault that dougie ditched the only guy with a semblance of offensive potential in the bottom 6. I guess, I don't think much of him, and was not pleased with the trade right after, but that too is not moore's fault. The person to blame, I suppose, is Doug since he is the one who brought in this slop and has created a team of 5 top 9 forwards and 8 4th liners.

The one thing I am beginning to believe is:
a. Nabby>>> Niemi. Nabby just never got the goal support in the PO's.
b. Niemi = outstanding trade bait. Griess isn't great, but he seems pretty much equal and the farm is stacked, so it's time to roll the dice.

At least you're a little more open minded when you're asked to explain yourself. If you're going to blame DW for the slide, I wouldn't limit it to the deadline acquisitions and shipping McGinn out since the poor play pre-dates the moves. But I'm sure if McGinn was given a chance in SJ he would have snapped them right out of it. :thumb:

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No mention of Pavelski being on the ice for the 2 3rd period goals against.....

;)

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

You may want to look how the 3rd line being used and it might give you some insight as to why none of them are scoring much.

The coaching staff is using them as a shut down pure defensive line. They are being matched up as much as possible against the other teams top line. Against Eberle's line in the Oiler game and Jamie Benn in this game. On top of that Moore's line started 16 of 18 faceoff shifts in the defensive zone. With the short shifts the Sharks run that's a huge deterrant for scoring. Yet, the 3rd line consistantly pushed play out of the defensive zone and into the offensive zone so the Thornton and Couture line could start there shifts there.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did it suck like the ending of skyrim/boarderlands or was it an ending you just didnt want?

It's worse than either of those IMO. And I was very open minded about accepting the various endings that I thought could happen. But this? It was a giant plot hole didn't make a lick of god damn sense. I really can't say anything about it without spoiling it, but you'll see when you finish the game. And it's not just me either. The overall reaction to the end of Mass Effect 3 in the gaming community is overwhelmingly negative.