• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT: 49ers vs Eagles

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn it... i dont know who to play, gore or hunter?!??!?!?! ahhhhhhhhhh

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maiocco said Harbaugh expects him to play not he will play. It could all be smoke and mirrors. I'd still expect Hunter to get plenty of touches.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn it... i dont know who to play, gore or hunter?!??!?!?! ahhhhhhhhhh

I would probably go with hunter, even if Gore goes no telling how many touches he will get or if he can even finish the game. Hope at least one of the 2 can take advantage of the eagles crappy run D.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would probably go with hunter, even if Gore goes no telling how many touches he will get or if he can even finish the game. Hope at least one of the 2 can take advantage of the eagles crappy run D.

as long its the one i start LOL

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think i find myself wanting it to be Sunday everyday. I love me some football sundays. It used to be all about wanting it to be Friday, but now im just skipping that(well kinda since i dont work weekends) but i wish the 49ers could play everyday lol.

As long as they get that win that is. If they lose it makes me mad and makes me want it to be Sunday even quicker lol.

Go niners!

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, McCoy is the back that I see in Isaiah Pead, a perfect type of wco back and a player we need in the 3rd/4th.

Our secondary isn't good enough to even slow these guys down. We'd have a shot if we could get some real pressure on Vick, however I'm not sure if that's going to happen either?

I think our best defense is going to have to be our offense. I think we're just going to have to keep the "Dream Team" off the field with short passes, screens and the running game. They'll probably stack the line, especially since they have a weak run defense. Dink and dump should be the theme for Sunday.
:kk:

Last edited by a moderator:

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think i find myself wanting it to be Sunday everyday. I love me some football sundays. It used to be all about wanting it to be Friday, but now im just skipping that(well kinda since i dont work weekends) but i wish the 49ers could play everyday lol.

As long as they get that win that is. If they lose it makes me mad and makes me want it to be Sunday even quicker lol.

Go niners!

LOL, you sound like me

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
We were up by 10 points on the Dallas before our D self destructed. Before the Dallas game I thought they would get a lead early and we'd be playing catch up all game but I was surprised that did not happen.
We can beat the Eagles, but we are going to have to play hard for all 60 minutes, and no letdowns and mistake free football.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If the Eagles' offense looks anything like they did last week, we can beat them. But we'll have to get to Vick and get him scared to do it. He may have to play primarily out of the gun because of the hand issues, which should help us somewhat in terms of limiting play selection.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If the Eagles' offense looks anything like they did last week, we can beat them. But we'll have to get to Vick and get him scared to do it. He may have to play primarily out of the gun because of the hand issues, which should help us somewhat in terms of limiting play selection.

Wouldn't that make it more difficult with his hand issues? I mean under center, he would not need to move his hand as much. In shotgun, he would have to consider the ball trajectory...

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't that make it more difficult with his hand issues? I mean under center, he would not need to move his hand as much. In shotgun, he would have to consider the ball trajectory...

I would guess that he was thinking about how under center, the center is going to slam the ball up into his hands... while being in the shotgun, he can cushion the blow a little by drawing his hands backwards as he brings in the ball.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Final Preparations

According to this article from what I believe is the Youngstown Newspaper, the 49ers practiced with for noise to try and fix their false start issues from Cincinnati. The 49ers also put in a lot of work for a silent count, hopefully it works out.

“We practiced with noise yesterday,” said 49ers offensive coordinator Greg Roman. “Youngstown State has been phenomenal with their facilities.”

Roman says the added effect of a live crowd has really helped mend problems, especially along the offensive line.

“Overall communication was really a problem,” Roman said. “The tackles and the tight ends, they’re the ones that are really affected by the crowd noise.”

They have worked extensively on a silent snap count that involves more slight gestures than verbal cues.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to STATS, Inc., Smith ranks third in the NFL against the blitz this season with a 143.1 passer rating.

Read more: 49ers' Smith handling the blitz
CSNBAYAREA Story

I couldn't remember which thread had this discussion, and I'm not into starting Smith threads, so I thought I'd put it here. It's so weird that Smith is doing well against the Blitz, but I guess this stat is also misleading because passer rating doesn't account for sacks taken. For all we know, he has a 143.1 passer rating on say 5 passes that he managed to get off, and he took 5 sacks on the other blitzes.