• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT: 49ers vs Eagles

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have a bad feeling this game is going to be like the Vikings game a couple years ago..

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I would guess that he was thinking about how under center, the center is going to slam the ball up into his hands... while being in the shotgun, he can cushion the blow a little by drawing his hands backwards as he brings in the ball.

Yeah, under center the ball's going to be hitting it every time, causing a little more discomfort, threatening a fumble. I'd think playing from the gun would be a lot easier.

Along those lines, I kind of like this quote from Vick:

“It's sore, it's real sore,” Vick said. “But you know what? I feel like I've played through worse, and I think the most important thing is to just go out and play and be conscious of protecting it but at the same time just letting it all go. And if it's too much that I can't bear and something's really wrong, then I'll probably come out of the game, but hopefully not.”

Best-case for us is that he tries to play, plays poorly (because he's conscious of protecting it while letting it all go), and then comes out. He certainly doesn't sound like a guy who's going to suck it up and play through the pain if it comes down to it.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting Sanchez... f this Vick lol..... you give me no hope1!!!!

I hope we havea gameplan to attack their weakness... someway or the other I hope we have a freaking plan!

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I couldn't remember which thread had this discussion, and I'm not into starting Smith threads, so I thought I'd put it here. It's so weird that Smith is doing well against the Blitz, but I guess this stat is also misleading because passer rating doesn't account for sacks taken. For all we know, he has a 143.1 passer rating on say 5 passes that he managed to get off, and he took 5 sacks on the other blitzes.

It's pretty apparent to me he's choosing the lesser of two evils by eating the sack instead of forcing up a pass. At the beginning of last year, many of those plays lost us the game. It's like the Brandon Graham play against the Eagles (which happened a little later in the year) where he tried to pull the trigger at the last second. If there's any question this year, he's taking the sack and keeping us alive. I noticed how Dalton was making throws after getting hit, but Alex isn't even playing around that right now, which is probably smart.

That stat is definitely misleading because a better QB throws a few away and their QB rating suffers with the incompletions. This is just one of those random stats like the red zone efficiency last year.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We're in a familiar situation on offense where Alex Smith seems to be more comfortable in shotgun formations while Gore isn't at his best running out of them. With Gore banged up in this one, I'd like to see Hunter get consistent yards running out of the shotgun. That could at least keep the defense honest up front, and take some of the pressure off.

This will be a tough one for the offense, but just want to see some progress to build on. This one's a major reality check!

SRPnVA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard the same thing....you beat me to the post. :)

Now all we have to wonder is how the carries will get split? Do you think Hunter will end up with more carries than Gore? Tough choice I start either Gore, Hunter, or Tolbert. It's really only between Hunter and Gore, though. :decision:

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I couldn't remember which thread had this discussion, and I'm not into starting Smith threads, so I thought I'd put it here. It's so weird that Smith is doing well against the Blitz, but I guess this stat is also misleading because passer rating doesn't account for sacks taken. For all we know, he has a 143.1 passer rating on say 5 passes that he managed to get off, and he took 5 sacks on the other blitzes.

It's pretty apparent to me he's choosing the lesser of two evils by eating the sack instead of forcing up a pass. At the beginning of last year, many of those plays lost us the game. It's like the Brandon Graham play against the Eagles (which happened a little later in the year) where he tried to pull the trigger at the last second. If there's any question this year, he's taking the sack and keeping us alive. I noticed how Dalton was making throws after getting hit, but Alex isn't even playing around that right now, which is probably smart.

That stat is definitely misleading because a better QB throws a few away and their QB rating suffers with the incompletions. This is just one of those random stats like the red zone efficiency last year.

IMO, both you guys are spot-on! Great Posts!

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My gut tells me all three backs get carries today. I think Gore is more hurt than folks are letting on. Pure speculation but Gore-11 for 37, Hunter-9 for 54 , Dixon-4 for 8. My gut also tells me we target the backs in the receiving game this week. 50+ yards receiving for our backs today.....

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hot off the presses...Sal P reporting Kendall will start. Gore will play, per Harbaugh.

SRPnVA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Jim knew he was going with Hunter the whole time. Just didn't want the rookie to know up until gameday.