• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT: 49ers vs Bengals

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you dont even know the extent of the break yet and calling him out. Could be anything from a finger to the whole hand. Guess to your wisdom a QB has never played with a broken non throwing hand

Did you miss the very first thing I said? "He's not out...."

QBs have played with broken bones in their non throwing hand, and I think Favre played a whole year with some kind of minor break to one of the bones in his throwing thumb... but he was terribly ineffective that year.. and the other QBs who played with broken hands saw in increase in their fumbles.

I expect Vick to start. If he finishes, that's another matter.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not out, but having one hand for a QB is a pretty bad thing. With a cast on, he could fumble a few snaps... could fumble if he gets hit in the backfield.. etc.

QBs do a little more than just keep the ball in their passing hand the entire game.

Not Vick, Vick runs with the ball in his passing hand as if he's going to throw well past the line of scrimage. I've found myself asking my friend why is he not tucking the ball while he's getting hit and he's obviously past the point the defense could think he was passing? I don't watch every Eagle game, so who knows if he tucks it in or not. Just an observation, it doesn't refute your point at all.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not Vick, Vick runs with the ball in his passing hand as if he's going to throw well past the line of scrimage. I've found myself asking my friend why is he not tucking the ball while he's getting hit and he's obviously past the point the defense could think he was passing? I don't watch every Eagle game, so who knows if he tucks it in or not. Just an observation, it doesn't refute your point at all.

Yeah, you do see Vick do that a lot. Some 20 yards down the field and he's got the ball in his left hand and it's away from his body, I guess he just does that to give the announcers something to yap about.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey we got beat by a QB with a cracked rib and assumed punctured lung.... anything can beat us LOL

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't get to see the game....if anyone sees a NFL network replay date time,please let me know.

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah, you do see Vick do that a lot. Some 20 yards down the field and he's got the ball in his left hand and it's away from his body, I guess he just does that to give the announcers something to yap about.

He's got a broken hand now. That could tighten things up a little in the next game.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say this, Hunter would not stay behind the line long enough to let them fail LOL.... Hunter will be out before the OL shows their colors...

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Didn't get to see the game at work. :( I give it to the Defense great job and next need to see who will be Nowitzki and Barea to take out the "Dream Team" Go 49ers!!

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was up with the play at the end of the 3rd quarter? Alex Smith dropped back and got hit by 2 Bengals and the ref blows the play dead while the QB is still on his feet? Alex pitched it to Gore who looked to have some room to run, but the officials had already ruled the play dead. Why call a play dead before the guy is down?

Another call that bothered me was early in the game when Alex faked the handoff and took off running. That was helmet to helmet contact on the QB not called.

They also tried to screw us over by taking back Crabtree's TD. That was official was zoned out and not watching the play if he thought Crabtree was out of bounds. He was right on the line and could have clearly seen he did not if he was watching.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was up with the play at the end of the 3rd quarter? Alex Smith dropped back and got hit by 2 Bengals and the ref blows the play dead while the QB is still on his feet? Alex pitched it to Gore who looked to have some room to run, but the officials had already ruled the play dead. Why call a play dead before the guy is down?

Another call that bothered me was early in the game when Alex faked the handoff and took off running. That was helmet to helmet contact on the QB not called.

They also tried to screw us over by taking back Crabtree's TD. That was official was zoned out and not watching the play if he thought Crabtree was out of bounds. He was right on the line and could have clearly seen he did not if he was watching.

Not only did they blow the play dead when we could have gained some yards, Smith got hit anyway. So the refs didn't save any further hit and we didn't get the yards. On the flipside, if Gore mishandled the play and fumbled, if the play wasn't ruled down, we'd be saying it was or relieved that it was called if it were. That's how the game goes sometimes.

As far as the hit on Smith, he was a runner, so whatever is legal for a runner was legal for him. I'm not sure whether the NFL is calling all helmet hits, some of them, or none of them for runners, etc.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only did they blow the play dead when we could have gained some yards, Smith got hit anyway. So the refs didn't save any further hit and we didn't get the yards. On the flipside, if Gore mishandled the play and fumbled, if the play wasn't ruled down, we'd be saying it was or relieved that it was called if it were. That's how the game goes sometimes.

As far as the hit on Smith, he was a runner, so whatever is legal for a runner was legal for him. I'm not sure whether the NFL is calling all helmet hits, some of them, or none of them for runners, etc.

My problem on the Smith run is the same as it has been for years. Their our some QB's in the league that get those calls while others can get murdered on the field and never see a flag for it.

I still remember the call on Manning last year where the defender touched his helmet and was flagged for 15 yards. It wasn't a slap or even a QB hit but just a hand on the helmet.

I'm pretty sure at no point is it legal for a tackler to lead with the helmet into a tackle especially when it ends in a helmet to helmet hit. Clements clearly drove his helmet into the side of Alex head for first contact.

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Vernon Davis took a helmet to helmet as well in the 4th quarter. As he was being tackled by Clements a linebacker nailed him inb the face; no call.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My problem on the Smith run is the same as it has been for years. Their our some QB's in the league that get those calls while others can get murdered on the field and never see a flag for it.

I still remember the call on Manning last year where the defender touched his helmet and was flagged for 15 yards. It wasn't a slap or even a QB hit but just a hand on the helmet.

I'm pretty sure at no point is it legal for a tackler to lead with the helmet into a tackle especially when it ends in a helmet to helmet hit. Clements clearly drove his helmet into the side of Alex head for first contact.

Last year the rule was that any contact to the helmet was an automatic 15 yard penalty. Remember the Broncos game in London? Brooks barely tapped Orton's head and he got flagged... if the refs didn't throw a flag last year, they were in the wrong.

Thankfully they changed that godawful rule, to make it a vicious blow to the head as a penalty only, and not an itty bitty hand slap.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Re-Focused - 49ers @ Bengals, Week 3 | ProFootballFocus.com

Smith looked pretty decent. He wasn't helped by some atrocious protection that saw him pressured on 45.7% of his dropbacks, but even then he avoided turning the ball over, and completed a healthy 54.5% of passes when pressured.

-----

***9679; No QB had a higher PFF Accuracy Percentage (one of our signature stats) than Alex Smith in week three. Take away his throwaway and the four drops his receiver made and he would have completed 82.8% of passes.

***9679; The Bengals picked up five sacks and five hits as well as 11 hurries as they battered Smith all day long.

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Can we put in Boone for Davis? Every game thus far he has a had false start penalty but if you watch closely, on almost every play he gets a head start. Every down you could flag him for false starts.

Now with that you would think he would have an advantage, however he still gets beat repeatedly. I agree that he is still young, so can he sit and learn and work on his timing and blocking?